PDA

View Full Version : Alex just paid £300 for a football match ticket

slinkyri
12th April 2008, 10:54 AM
:eek::eek:

City of Manchester Stadium
20:45

Bring it on!!

of course if Rangers don't get through the semi final the ticket will probably be going on Espit Italia/Germany :rolleyes:

Men! :D

shezz
12th April 2008, 12:20 PM
wtf 300.00

omg i'll sit and watch it on my telly and if it's not on the telly

lol then i wont watch it at all

300.00..... new shoes
............... new coat
...............loads of new clothes
..............new freezer
...............better still a dish washer :)

but to just stand in a stadium sorry alex

LOL

But men will be men

Hope your team get through and you have a billiant time

BAGHAG999
12th April 2008, 12:31 PM
Hope you have a great day its only money.

PATRIOT73
12th April 2008, 12:34 PM
Hope you have a great day its only money.
it only rangers init::;p

slinkyri
12th April 2008, 01:04 PM
Chance of a life time so he tells me.....

apparantly his grannie took on double shifts years ago in order for his grandad to go somewhere in Europe to see them :rolleyes:

BAGHAG999 as you say it's only money .... and we're a long time dead eh?

just hope they get through the semis now.... he was going to wait until after the semi but the price doubled after the quarter finals so I said last night - What the heck - go for it!

So he did! :D

PATRIOT73
12th April 2008, 01:54 PM
true.........one tie miracle:p

Cocksparrer
12th April 2008, 03:58 PM
Ri not trying to be funny but did they see him coming £300 on a ticket when you can see ito n TV, even most pubs now have large LCD tv's & show the match.

slinkyri
12th April 2008, 04:20 PM
Ri not trying to be funny but did they see him coming £300 on a ticket when you can see ito n TV, even most pubs now have large LCD tv's & show the match.

You obviously haven't met any Rangers fans - it's a cult not just football. :p Alex has Setanta here at home and we have a large screen ourselves and he has access to larger. This is the chance of a lifetime to him and if Rangers get through to final it will be something he remembers for the rest of his days so not a price can be put on something like that.

These tickets will rise by hundreds as the time gets nearer so he's not worried. If Rangers don't get through then he'll sell it on to italian/german fans. It's a gamble he realises that but if they get through and the ticket went over £500 he couldn't afford to go so this way he makes sure of his seat. :)

Cocksparrer
12th April 2008, 04:42 PM
Your not a football fan are you lol, watching a game on tv is completely different to being there :p

Excuse me I went to see Liverpool play Watford back in the 80's and yes I was a football fan, peoples heads roll nicely sometimes :p

slinkyri
12th April 2008, 05:00 PM
Apparantly 6,500 Rangers fans bought tickets yesterday according to the Daily Record. The price is rising daily.

Germany and Italy have a higher cost of living than us and will be coming in their droves so even if Rangers lose he should be quids in by the looks of things - so all's good! :)

PATRIOT73
12th April 2008, 06:09 PM
god muva im sure del wud pay twice that amount
as they say if u passionate about sumat,the value is irrevelant

slinkyri
12th April 2008, 07:52 PM
god muva im sure del wud pay twice that amount
as they say if u passionate about sumat,the value is irrevelant

you got it Jay hun :cool:

slinkyri
1st May 2008, 09:28 PM
Well Alex is dancing round the room now with the Rangers songs blasting on the cd player and he is off to manchester for the final!

They played their hearts out and won on penalties

:D:D:D

shezz
1st May 2008, 11:18 PM
Well Alex is dancing round the room now with the Rangers songs blasting on the cd player and he is off to manchester for the final!

They played their hearts out and won on penalties

:D:D:D

omg omg

:D Is he running round with his shirt over his head like the footy players do

go on get some piccys for us lol

Nice one Alex bet your well chuffed (i know wrong words) congrats to the Rangers

Travel to Manchester around £150.00 ish
Tickets for game around £300.00 ish

Watching your team play in the final.......... PRICELESS :D

slinkyri
2nd May 2008, 08:52 AM
lol he was well excited :D

wont cost much to get to manchester tho he drives to Corby and get's on the supporters bus from there and stays with one of them the night free of charge

The official tickets are now standing at £1,095 each! He is one very happy chappy!!! :p

shezz
2nd May 2008, 09:14 AM
lol he was well excited :D

wont cost much to get to manchester tho he drives to Corby and get's on the supporters bus from there and stays with one of them the night free of charge

The official tickets are now standing at £1,095 each! He is one very happy chappy!!! :p

ooooooooooo is he tempted to sell now:eek: 200% profit not bad going:D

slinkyri
2nd May 2008, 09:18 AM
ooooooooooo is he tempted to sell now:eek: 200% profit not bad goint:D

not for all the tea in China :cool: :D

shezz
2nd May 2008, 09:30 AM
Well I'm glad about that cos i cant actually see you drinking that much tea :D

shabbird
2nd May 2008, 10:19 AM
saw someone trying to sell his ticket for 1000 quid..Your tickets will be in demand especially with rangers in the final..

MagnetsAndHangers
2nd May 2008, 11:50 AM
I had the pleasure of being at Rangers last European final in 1972 in Barcelona....and made the front page of the Sunday Post. I fell (or was thrown) from a balcony in Barcelona airport after the game, broke practically everying, apparently stopped breathing for 43 seconds in the ambulance.
Eventually arrived back in Prestwick airport on a stretcher...myt dad said ''what happened'? - my first words were ''we won''.

If I could afford it, i would pay whatever was asked for a ticket for the final this year.

shezz
2nd May 2008, 11:59 AM
I had the pleasure of being at Rangers last European final in 1972 in Barcelona....and made the front page of the Sunday Post. I fell (or was thrown) from a balcony in Barcelona airport after the game, broke practically everying, apparently stopped breathing for 43 seconds in the ambulance.
Eventually arrived back in Prestwick airport on a stretcher...myt dad said ''what happened'? - my first words were ''we won''.

If I could afford it, i would pay whatever was asked for a ticket for the final this year.

:eek: ouch.......................

papagran40
2nd May 2008, 02:10 PM
well , all I can say is I do not support Rangers .... or Celtic....
But I hope they do it....come on the Gers !!! think I recall hearing that somewhere a few years back....my yongest grandson is Celtic daft...but he cheers his friends team on when they are playing...unless they are playing celtic.....his friends team is .... Rangers....
as said ...I hope they do it.........they are SCOTTISH ....so get stuck in to them...
..... Papa.......

maroy41
2nd May 2008, 04:14 PM
My sister was married to a Ranger's fan and she supported Celtic, can you imagine the fun they had when a match was on both born and bred Glaswegians :eek: :p

slinkyri
2nd May 2008, 05:18 PM

WOW!!! Alex's father was at that match! His grandfather also went to a european final way way back. So sorry to hear of all your breakages but your post just about sums up the strong feeling Rangers fans have about their club! He is probably one of the happiest men alive right now lol walking on air he is :D

slinkyri
2nd May 2008, 05:20 PM
I think (and hope) that most football fans will be cheering on the Gers for 14th seeing as they are the only british club in it.

minx I can imagine it very well - wouldn't want to be in the same room though :eek:

Shabs we could go on a holiday with the profit but do you think he's gonna sell it? :rolleyes: :D

maroy41
2nd May 2008, 06:40 PM
minx I can imagine it very well - wouldn't want to be in the same room though :eek:

Me neither, she was Catholic he was a Protestant.in those days they called it a 'mixed marriage' I often wonder if it is still called that, I emigrated to England many, many years ago, but in my heart I am still a Glaswegian married to a lovely Irishman......a grrrrrrrreat combination :D

slinkyri
2nd May 2008, 08:39 PM
minx I can imagine it very well - wouldn't want to be in the same room though

Me neither, she was Catholic he was a Protestant.in those days they called it a 'mixed marriage' I often wonder if it is still called that, I emigrated to England many, many years ago, but in my heart I am still a Glaswegian married to a lovely Irishman......a grrrrrrrreat combination :D

LOL I know the feeling.... Alex is a glaswegian protestant and my mum is italian and my dad was irish so you can guess the religion I was brought up in :D

There seems to be a marked improvement now up there thankfully but when me and Alex first got together 21 years ago we couldn't have done it in Scotland and his father didn't want to know as soon as Alex said my name was Maria :eek:.... his mum and dad were apart though and his mum and her new husband both protestant were lovely to me.... never met his dad to this day :rolleyes:

kengillam
2nd May 2008, 08:49 PM
There was a song about this, sung by The Spinners if memory serves correctly. http://www.thebards.net/music/lyrics/The_Orange_And_Green.shtml