PDA

View Full Version : Looking for black felt-tip pens

bykimbo
7th July 2009, 10:33 AM
I think I mentioned this once before, but ended up trying other routes and different pens and wotnot. I've now tried all sorts of solutions, and come back to the belief that the best possible pen for addressing my packages (yes, I do it by hand, how quaint! :D) is the Paper mate black felt-tip, as shown.

This says "paper mate" and their two hearts symbol on the metal clip. I think the top end says "0.5", which is presumably the nip size, but couldn't swear to it. It's a medium sort of felt or fibre tip pen. Black ink.

I'd like to buy some on here, if possible. Would anybody care to give me a price for a box? I imagine they come in 10s or 12s. Thanks folks.

edit: that photo's enormous, let me try again!

starlady22
7th July 2009, 11:00 AM
Hi

I've got a box of Paper Mate, not sure if they are o.5, but they are called: Hardhead Flair. Durable plastic point. Bold, Vivid Ink. Black ink. On the cap it has 'paper mate, & 2 hearts. I have used one out of the box, so there are only 11 in the box.
If you are interested, let me know.

Jane :)

astral276
7th July 2009, 11:02 AM
Not what you are looking for but the best markers I have found are the 'Sharpie' markers. A good nib size for addressing parcels, the tip doesn't go 'blunt', and they work like a clicky-top pen in that they have no cap and the nib goes back inside the pen and seals itself in so that it doesn't dry out.

Bored today. Can't get on with anything as I am waiting for both UPS and the heating engineer to show up. Guaranteed that as soon as I try to start something one of them will appear.

Teddyrose54
7th July 2009, 11:02 AM
Aren't Sharpie's any good?

They are fairly easy to find, and you can also get different colours.

By the way, I hand write all my addresses too~:D

I like the personnel touch.

bykimbo
7th July 2009, 11:29 AM
I've bot a black and a blue sharpie I use for labelling CDs and stuff, but they don't suit me for addressing packages. Probably a feature of my rather large and florid hand-writing!

bykimbo
7th July 2009, 11:30 AM
Hi

I've got a box of Paper Mate, not sure if they are o.5, but they are called: Hardhead Flair. Durable plastic point. Bold, Vivid Ink. Black ink. On the cap it has 'paper mate, & 2 hearts. I have used one out of the box, so there are only 11 in the box.

Sounds good to me! If it's not a full box, maybe even just buy half-a-dozen? PM me? Ta!

BAGHAG999
7th July 2009, 11:38 AM
I use the Bic permanent marker pen, main reason being you can leave the lid off and they dont dry up.

bykimbo
7th July 2009, 12:10 PM
Sorted, many thanks to all who contributed! :)

marcellamc
4th November 2009, 07:15 PM
Hi

Hello. I know this is an old posting but wondering if you still have these pens up for sale? Thank you.

bykimbo
4th November 2009, 09:09 PM
Hello. I know this is an old posting but wondering if you still have these pens up for sale? Thank you.

I bought them. :)