PDA

View Full Version : Did I imagine it?

childrensbeachwear
27th August 2010, 10:32 PM
I'm sure I saw on ebid a tool to export items, but I cant find it now, any ideas?

theninestarshop
27th August 2010, 10:37 PM
It's a small hyperlinked "Export Listings" line at top of auction pages

Selling : Auctions I'm Running
Details of auctions you have run or are running together with possible options for each.
Export Listings
Search :

childrensbeachwear
27th August 2010, 10:44 PM
Not sure if I'm being 'Tim nice but dim'! but I cant see it?

JanetB
28th August 2010, 01:27 AM
click on your "Auctions I'm Running" link in your My eBid area. You will see the Export Listings link at the top left corner of your Current Auctions page.

youmeus
28th August 2010, 03:31 AM
I'm sure this is a dumb question for those who know but here goes. When you export listings, where do they go?

JanetB
28th August 2010, 03:56 AM
I'm sure this is a dumb question for those who know but here goes. When you export listings, where do they go?

I believe they go onto a spread sheet for you to save in your files.

youmeus
28th August 2010, 04:01 AM
I thought so too but can not find it. I looked in excel and word but can't find it.

bykimbo
28th August 2010, 08:13 AM
It creates a file which should be downloaded to your computer by your browser, automatically. It should show you the name of the file, and show you the download happening.

childrensbeachwear
28th August 2010, 10:15 PM
Thank you guys - I now see it and its OBVIOUS!!!!!

youmeus
29th August 2010, 01:35 AM
It creates a file which should be downloaded to your computer by your browser, automatically. It should show you the name of the file, and show you the download happening.

It does show downloading and the file name but when I go to look, I can't find it. Probably just not knowing where to look. I don't claim to be a computer expert but this one should be simpler and probably is when I get it figured out.

bykimbo
29th August 2010, 08:09 AM
It does show downloading and the file name but when I go to look, I can't find it. Probably just not knowing where to look. I don't claim to be a computer expert but this one should be simpler and probably is when I get it figured out.

If you don't know where the files you download go, a search for the file name should help you. But your downloads are probably going into a download folder in your user folder (named after your computer user ID), possibly under the "documents" folder if it's not immediately obvious.

Your browser has probably got a "show all my downloads" option somewhere in it's tool box. On Chrome control/J will do it, and it includes a "show in folder" option to make it even easier.