PDA

View Full Version : Indentify this vase please

booklands
2nd October 2013, 11:21 AM
Can anyone identify this vase or the costume on the glaze please? It's intriguing me as I've not seen anything like it before. Vase is 9" high with a glazed base with this unusual mark that may be the makers.
Many thanks
Paul4166441665

cheaver
2nd October 2013, 11:40 AM
Hi, Welcome to the Forum. :)
Lovely Vase but it's easier on the eye if pics are reduced for Forum.
I can't see a maker's mark but hopefully someone else will be able to help.

booklands
2nd October 2013, 01:14 PM
Hi Cheaver, thanks for that. Apologies for the large size photos but this is the first time I have used photos on the forum and I couldn't work out how to reduce them!! On the photo of the base of the vase there is a sort of domed shaped mark like a temple or similar that I thought may be a makers mark? This is easier to see in your smaller photos but I'm not sure if it is just the way the pattern has emerged. Hopefully someone may have some ideas.
Thanks
Paul

cheaver
2nd October 2013, 01:27 PM
Hi again Paul, I use Picmonkey (free) and reduce pics to 500px or thereabouts for Forum use.
I hope someone can offer some info for you ~ it's a lovely item but then I'm hooked on such things! :o

TiasTreasures
2nd October 2013, 03:15 PM
If you have Windows, Microsoft Paint reduces photos very nicely

Oldandintheway
2nd October 2013, 09:25 PM
Forum pics should be kept to a maximum of 600 x 600 pixels!

Pink_Panther
2nd October 2013, 09:29 PM
Can anyone identify this vase or the costume on the glaze please? It's intriguing me as I've not seen anything like it before. Vase is 9" high with a glazed base with this unusual mark that may be the makers.
Many thanks
Paul4166441665
His name is Billy and he's ten years old, and from Staffordshire! ;)