PDA

View Full Version : No Charges For Reserve Price

georgemlaws
9th January 2006, 10:23 PM
I think one of the best things about ebid is there is no fee for putting a reserve price on your item, I thought it was normal not to be charged a fee for wanting to put a reserve price on your item untill recently when i put a item up for auction on ebay...i made the mistake of putting a reserve on and now i am going to be charged £49 odd's even if it does'nt sell even though i proptly took the reserve price of...i mean how can they do that?.

ropegg
10th January 2006, 07:03 AM
I think the no reserve price it is great too, but what I think is really great about eBid's fees --- we can list to SHOW what we have to sell at no cost.

The way I see it when you list on ebay you basically pay for the list and the sale even if you don't get a bid.

I don't mind the fees to sell but it is a killer to pay to show.

ANOTHER THINK I LIKE ABOUT eBid IS THE ATTITUDE I HAVE FOUND WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE and there seems to be a lot of nice people here.

Thanks eBid and all.

God Bless and have a great day.

dave_j_p
22nd May 2006, 09:55 PM
ANOTHER THINK I LIKE ABOUT eBid IS THE ATTITUDE I HAVE FOUND WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE and there seems to be a lot of nice people here.

SPOT ON!

its common knowledge here that gary and mark run his site...how many ppl know and have every talked to the admin of ebay on a forum?. . . rather than a useless contact us page and wait threee weeeks...

I admire gazza and mark for thier care for thier users, shame ebay wont take a little care and respect thier users...

i like this site, only prob is lack of users... but that will change soon enough.

anyway, great place to be, more of a community feel to it i reckon :D:D

filmfan0105
13th June 2006, 02:03 PM
I also love that there isn't the whole £50 minimum reserve price going on!

mfkirke
15th June 2006, 07:13 AM
The fact that ebid doesn't charge for a reserve is great but you do realise that reserve prices put off bidders don't you? Almost everyone hates them. Start your item at the reserve and you will be more likely to sell it.

filmfan0105
15th June 2006, 09:06 AM
Yeah, I very rarely use a reserve price, they put me off- unless it is foran item that would be worth a lot and they have a reserve so people can be attracted by it's low price!