X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REVELATION (Part 2)

REVELATION (PART 2)

The purpose of starting Part 2 in a separate thread is to continue the study until the first Revelation Thread is restored. Will probably plan to merge the contents of this thread into first thread once it is available.

For those of you who were following the First and Original Revelation Thread, this is Part 2, which will cover Revelation 11:15-19 and chapters 12-22. We had covered Revelation 1-11:1-14 in Part 1 of Revelation. Part 1 covered the first half of the Tribulation Period, the first 3.5 years (1260 days) of the Tribulation Period. In summary of our end coverage of Part 1.............

The first half of the Tribulation Period ended after the ministry of the Two Witnesses was completed. [Revelation 11:1-7] At this point "the beast that comes up out of the bottomless pit will declare war against them. He will conquer them and kill them." [NLT]

Revelation Part 1, chapter 11:1-14 discussed that the Two Witnesses were left unburied for 3.5 days on the main street of Jerusalem, while the world gazed on them and celebrated. After three and one half days the Two Witnesses were raised to life, as the Spirit of God entered their lifeless bodies. They stood upon their feet as the entire world watched in terror.

A loud voice from heaven said, "Come up here!" And they rose to heaven in a cloud as their enemies watched. [Rev 11:11-12] In the same hour a terrible earthquake detroyed a tenth of the city. Seven thousand people died in that earthquake.....those who did not die were terrified and gave glory to the God of heaven. [Rev 11:13] . The second terror is past, but look, now the third terror is coming quickly. [Rev. 11:14] NLT

The first half of the Tribulation Period was covered from Revelation 6, with the opening of the first 6 seals; the opening of the 7th seal in Revelation 8, which included the blowing of the first 4 trumpets and the blowing of the 5th trumpet (the first terror) and the 6th trumpet (the second terror)in Revelation 9. Also included in the first half of the Tribulation Period was the events involving the Two Witnesses, as described above in Revelation 11:1-14. [NLT]

The Second half of the Tribulation Period, last 3.5 years of the end of the age, begins with the blowing of the 7th trumpet (which is the 3rd terror) found in Revelation 11:15-19; and from Revelation chapters 12- 20. Will continue on from this point, as we look at the 2nd half of the Tribulation Period, in Revelation Part 2.

By Ruthiewildchild/Burgyeb & Bluebedouin

BURGYEB's COIN SHOP
    BURGYEB's ANTIQUE SHOP
    BURGYEB's CHARITY SHOP

http://us.ebid.net/stores/SHORE-GOLD-MINER-DEPOT

http://us.ebid.net/stores/SHORE-AFFORDABLE-HOME-GOODS

CLICK: BUY/SELL FREE! JOIN eBID

Re: REVELATION (Part 2)

None of your links work.
    sigpic
    BillsBooks

BillsStamps

Comment

What happened to Part one?

January 1st 2015 starting weight 17st 7lb
      May 1st 2015 weight 16st 7lbs
      Total weight loss 1lst
      Goal weight 15st by December 31st 2015

CLICK HERETo Contact Ebid Support

Comment

Originally posted by billsbooks View Post
        None of your links work.
        Good observation. That is because they are not links, just underlined statements.

Originally posted by moonwitch View Post
        What happened to Part one?
        Same thing that took place in Nepal.

Think someone has "staked a claim to it" at least that is what the count says.
        Last edited by burgyeb; 22nd February 2012, 02:07 AM.

BURGYEB's COIN SHOP
        BURGYEB's ANTIQUE SHOP
        BURGYEB's CHARITY SHOP

Comment

Carry on!! I didn't realize that not commenting was detrimental. I read all the posts of the first part of Revelation, and found the posts really interesting. I don't pretend to understand all of this, but there are a lot of ways to look at it. I've never done an in-depth study of it.

So many things could be interpreted in many ways......but that's part of the fun and challenge of hearing someone else's point of view.
          Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

sigpic

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
          http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
          http://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Comment

Well said YourMajesty

Comment

Originally posted by HerMajesty View Post
              Carry on!! I didn't realize that not commenting was detrimental. I read all the posts of the first part of Revelation, and found the posts really interesting. I don't pretend to understand all of this, but there are a lot of ways to look at it. I've never done an in-depth study of it.
              So many things could be interpreted in many ways......but that's part of the fun and challenge of hearing someone else's point of view.
              I don't think that Revelation can be interpreted like this, but it is interesting to see, for a little while, the imaginative connections that can be made by treating Revelation as if it were prophecy.
              But Apocalyptic and Prophecy are different genres and in the end I think people are misled by confusing them, however exciting it may be.
              sigpic
              BillsBooks

BillsStamps

Comment

Originally posted by HerMajesty View Post

I will try to post a bit now and then so eBid will know that someone else besides you are interested in what you are posting. I do enjoy it and it gives my mind more to chew on. Thanks again Ava for doing this and I am praying eBid will NOT remove this one. It would be really good if they would reinstate the first part.
                My stores:
                Ropegg
                Cups-Cups-Cups
                And Other Stuff
                Peggy A's Jewels
                eBargains 4 U

My website:
                More Than Time

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

Comment

Thank you everyone for your comments and points of view. It is very interesting how a topic can be interpreted in so many ways. One's religious belief system, world views, values, what they think of the Bible or other religious text, and an infinite number of other factors, will determine how they look at the Book of Revelation.

As a Christian, who believes the Word of God (the Bible), I choose to approach Revelation from a Biblical perspective. It is my own perspective, and could easily differ from other Christian's or non- Christian's perspectives. That is why I have taken care to present the biblical text and then expound from there. Any one who sees the same text from the Bible, can read it and decide for themselves what is being said. They can also decide to take the Bible literally, figuratively, or somewhere in between. They can decide whether to believe the Bible or not for themselves. It is a personal decision that God Himself would uphold.

However, I do not like to see terms tossed about lightly, lacking definition or clarification, as a means of "proving a point" or dismissing the views of another person. So I will give a brief definition for two terms that were introduced and move on with expounding on Revelation from a Biblical perspective.

Apocalypse means revelation, to uncover, to reveal.* [A man-made religious concept]

Apocalyptic means forecasting the ultimate destiny of the world : PROPHETIC.......* [A man-made religious concept]

Prophecy also Prophesy means a prediction of something to come*

*The above definitions were taken from the Merriam Webster's Collegiate Dictionary 10th Edition

Revelation 1:3
                  Blessed is the one who reads the words of this prophecy......who hear and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near. [NIV]

Revelation 22:18
                  "I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book ..............." [NIV]

The text of Revelation seems to hold that it is a book of prophecy. Revelation is also apocalyptic in nature, as defined above. So it is both, not really a point of debate.
                  Last edited by burgyeb; 23rd February 2012, 03:20 AM.

BURGYEB's COIN SHOP
                  BURGYEB's ANTIQUE SHOP
                  BURGYEB's CHARITY SHOP

Comment

Originally posted by burgyeb View Post
                    REVELATION (PART 2)

The purpose of starting Part 2 in a separate thread is to continue the study until the first Revelation Thread is restored. Will probably plan to merge the contents of this thread into first thread once it is available.

For those of you who were following the First and Original Revelation Thread, this is Part 2, which will cover Revelation 11:15-19 and chapters 12-22. We had covered Revelation 1-11:1-14 in Part 1 of Revelation. Part 1 covered the first half of the Tribulation Period, the first 3.5 years (1260 days) of the Tribulation Period. In summary of our end coverage of Part 1.............

The first half of the Tribulation Period ended after the ministry of the Two Witnesses was completed. [Revelation 11:1-7] At this point "the beast that comes up out of the bottomless pit will declare war against them. He will conquer them and kill them." [NLT]

Revelation Part 1, chapter 11:1-14 discussed that the Two Witnesses were left unburied for 3.5 days on the main street of Jerusalem, while the world gazed on them and celebrated. After three and one half days the Two Witnesses were raised to life, as the Spirit of God entered their lifeless bodies. They stood upon their feet as the entire world watched in terror.

A loud voice from heaven said, "Come up here!" And they rose to heaven in a cloud as their enemies watched. [Rev 11:11-12] In the same hour a terrible earthquake detroyed a tenth of the city. Seven thousand people died in that earthquake.....those who did not die were terrified and gave glory to the God of heaven. [Rev 11:13] . The second terror is past, but look, now the third terror is coming quickly. [Rev. 11:14] NLT

The first half of the Tribulation Period was covered from Revelation 6, with the opening of the first 6 seals; the opening of the 7th seal in Revelation 8, which included the blowing of the first 4 trumpets and the blowing of the 5th trumpet (the first terror) and the 6th trumpet (the second terror)in Revelation 9. Also included in the first half of the Tribulation Period was the events involving the Two Witnesses, as described above in Revelation 11:1-14. [NLT]

The Second half of the Tribulation Period, last 3.5 years of the end of the age, begins with the blowing of the 7th trumpet (which is the 3rd terror) found in Revelation 11:15-19; and from Revelation chapters 12- 20. Will continue on from this point, as we look at the 2nd half of the Tribulation Period, in Revelation Part 2.

The phrase "Woe! Woe! Woe!" found in Revelation 8:13 refers to the 3 final trumpets to be blown by 7 angels. The judgements of God were released as plagues with the opening of the 7 seals on the scroll, by the sounding of 7 trumpets, and by the pouring out of the 7 bowl judgements.

The first half of the Tribulation Period included the opening of the first 6 seals (Rev. 6), and the blowing of the first 6 trumpets.that occurred with the opening of the 7th seal (Rev. 8 - 9). The 1st Woe occurred when the 5th trumpet sounded (Rev. 9:1-11, 12); the 2nd Woe occurred when the 6th trumpet sounded (Rev. 9:13-21).

An interlude of heavenly and corresponding earthly events occurred in Revelation 10---11:13 ; these events included "the angel and the little scroll" and "the Two Witnesses". Then we are told that...."The second woe has passed; the third woe is coming soon." (Rev. 11:14). [NIV] The third woe proceeds from the blowing of the 7th trumpet, as this releases the 7 bowl judgements of God. Following the killing of the Two Witnesses, their resurrection from the dead, and their ascension into heaven, the seventh angel sounded his trumpet, bring on the third woe.

Revelation 11:15 The seventh angel sounded his trumpet, and there were loud voices in heaven, which said: "The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ, and he will reign for ever and ever." [NIV]

This heavenly proclamation marked the colapse of the world system and the eternal reign of the Kingdom of God. The unraveling of the world system and it's kingdom unfolds in Revelation chapters 12-18 and chapter 20.

Revelation 11:16-17
                    And the twenty-four elders, who were seated on their thrones before God, fell on their faces and worshipped God saying: "We give thanks to you, Lord God Almighty, the One who is and who was, because you have taken your great power and have begun to reign........." [NIV]

In Revelation 1:4,8 and 4:8 Jesus Christ is described as the One, who is, and who was, and who is to come. In Revelation 11:17 who is to come is not included because the reign of Christ is spoken of here as having begun.

Revelation 11:18 "
                    The nations were angry; and your wrath has come. The time has come for judging the dead........for rewarding your servants the prophets.....and your saints.......and for destroying those who destroy the earth." [NIV]

The anger expressed by the inhabitants on earth who belong to the world, by the beast (Satan), by the Anti-Christ, and the False Prophet will absolutely pale in comparison to the wrath that eminates from God in Revelation chapters 12---20.

Revelation 11:19
                    Then God's temple in heaven was opened, and within his temple was seen the ark of his covenant. And there came flashes of lightening, rumblings, peals of thunder, an earthquake and a great hailstorm. [NIV]

BURGYEB's COIN SHOP
                    BURGYEB's ANTIQUE SHOP
                    BURGYEB's CHARITY SHOP

Comment

REVELATION CHAPTER 12

Revelation 12 Follws the blowing of the seventh trumpet, which signaled the the transferance of power and rulership from the kingdom of this world to the Kingdom of God. Two signs appeared in the heavenly realm.

Revelation 12:1-2 A great and wonderous sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head. She was pregnant and cried out in pain as she was about to give birth. [NIV]

John is describing a great sign that is a part of the greatest conflict throughout the ages, involving spiritual as well as physical realms. The woman represents Israel (as the seed bearer of Messiah). The description of the woman resembles the dream shared by Joseph in Genesis 37:9-10; here the sun and the moon represented Jacob (Israel) and Rachel; and the 12 stars represented the 12 Tribes of Israel.

There are other opinions on the identity of the woman and the 12 stars. Some hold that the woman is the Church and the 12 stars are the Apostles; the woman is Mary and the stars are the Aposles; the woman represents the redeemed and 12 stars are the Aposles and the 12 Tribes of Israel.

The woman is pregnant and she cried out in pain as she is about to give birth. The cry of the woman has been heard through the ages, as a great conflict has raged for the souls of men and the earth.

Revelation 12:3 Then another sign appeared in heaven: an enormous red dragon with seven heads and ten horns and seven crowns on his head. [NIV] In Rev. 12:9 we are told that this great dragon and his angels were hurled down to the earth, after a battle with Michael the arch angel and his angels. This dragon was identified as Satan (the devil).

The dragon assumed control of the kingdom of the anti-christ after being cast down to earth, by incarnating the anti-christ. The dragon with seven heads and ten horns and seven crowns on his heads, is the end-time kingdom of anti-christ. The seven heads are the seven kingdoms of Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Persia, Greece, Rome, and the Revived Roman Empire (the kingdom of anti- christ). The ten horns represent the coming kingdom of anti-christ; ten kingdoms that will unite under satanic power (the Revived Roman Empire). This end-time kingdom is described in Daniel 7 and Revelation 17:7-14.

Revelation 12:4
                      His tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky and flung them to the earth. The dragon stood in front of the woman who was about to give birth, so that he might devour her child the moment it was born. [NIV]

This verse of scripture reveals the very nature and character of Satan. He had rebelled against God in heaven, fought against Michael and lost, and was hurled out of heaven. Here, we see that it was his tail that brought his angels down with him to the earth. We see him poised to devour a newborn baby. Here, the child is the Messiah.

In Revelation 12:9-10 we are told that Satan has lead the whole world astray........and that he is an accuser of the brethren. We are told in John 10:10 that Satan is a thief......coming only to steal, kill, and destroy. He is a mysterious fellow, as he will empower and bless those who belong to him, but after he has finished using them to destroy others, he will ultimately destroy his own.

In John 10:10 Jesus reveals the purpose of his coming......"I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."
                      In John 10:11 Jesus stated, "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep."

Yet, the world was angry with God.

BURGYEB's COIN SHOP
                      BURGYEB's ANTIQUE SHOP
                      BURGYEB's CHARITY SHOP

Comment

I am enjoying this thread and patiently waiting for you share your further thoughts. I pray that God is blessing you for your efforts in this.
                        My stores:
                        Ropegg
                        Cups-Cups-Cups
                        And Other Stuff
                        Peggy A's Jewels
                        eBargains 4 U

My website:
                        More Than Time

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ropegg View Post
                          I am enjoying this thread and patiently waiting for you share your further thoughts. I pray that God is blessing you for your efforts in this.
                          Hi Ropegg, glad you are enjoying this thread, will be continuing with comments this weekend. God has been blessing me and mines real good, and He continues faithful in every way.

BURGYEB's COIN SHOP
                          BURGYEB's ANTIQUE SHOP
                          BURGYEB's CHARITY SHOP

Comment

REVELATION 12
                            (Continued)

Revelation 12:1-2 A great and wonderous sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head. She was pregnant and cried out in pain as she was about to give birth. [NIV]

The process through the ages of the woman (Israel as seed bearer) going through the pain of giving birth to the male child (Jesus Christ the Messiah), had it's root in the first sin, that was committed by Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. The serpent (Satan) deceived Eve into eating the forbidden fruit of the tree of knowledge. Eve influenced Adam into eating the fruit also. Eve was deceived but Adam had committed high treason against God.

In Genesis 3:15-16 The LORD God said to the serpent....."From now on, you and the woman will be enemies, and your offspring and her offspring will be enemies. He will crush your head, and you will strike his heel." Then He said to the woman, "You will bear children with intense pain and suffering...." This was the first prophesy concerning God's redemption plan for mankind.

The labor pains of the woman (Israel) manifested as Satan attempted throughout the ages to interfere with God's plan of redemption for mankind (the birth of the Messiah).

Labor Pain
                            Cain kills Abel - Satan's attempt to blot out rigtheous seed but God intervenes with birth of Seth [Genesis 4, 5]

Fallen Angels Mingle Seed With Mankind- Satan's attempt to corrupt mankind but God intervenes by destroying mankind and all living creatures except righteous Noah, his family, and the creatures he brought into the Ark of safety. [Genesis 6,7,8, 9, 10]

All of Mankind United By One Language - Satan's attempt to corrupt mankind through one world government but God scatterred man across the earth and confused their languages. He also called Abraham to leave his family and the culture of idolatry and death. Abraham was called to be the "Father of Many Nations" (Gen. 12:1-3). [Genesis 11, 12]

Abraham & Sarah (Barren) - Satan causes Sarah to doubt God & offer Hagar as a substitute for providing seed, thus creating a rival to God's promised seed. But the LORD assures the birth of Isaac through Sarah; and later Hagar and Ishmael are sent away. [Genesis 15,16, 17, 18, 21, 22]

Dinah's Rape By Shecem - Satan's attempt to corrupt the seed of Israel through assimilation; prevent Messiah's birth. After Jacob's sons killed the men of Shecem, Jacob was in danger of destruction by surrounding nations. But God allowed Jacob and his family to leave and protected them from the surrounding people [Genesis 34, 35:1-5]

Joseph Sold into Egyptian Slavery By His Brothers - Satan planted animosity and jealousy in the brothers of Joseph, because he was Jacob's favorite son. Satan attempted to destroy the seed of Israel during a period of crushing famine. But God elevated Joseph from a slave to second in power in Egypt, positioning him to preserve the seed of Israel. [Genesis 37-----50]

Pharoah Ordered Destruction of All Male Hebrew Children in Egypt - Satan attempted to assimilate Israel into Egypt, but God called Moses and raised him up to deliver Israel out of Egyptian bondage. God sent plagues upon Egypt to demonstrate His power and that He alone is God. [Exodus 1---12]

Haman Ordered Destruction of All Jews In Persia - Satan attempted to destroy the Jews and prevent the birth of Messiah, but God brings Esther to the Persian Kingdom as Queen to intercede for Israel and to destroy their enemies. [Esther 1---10]

Herod Ordered Destruction of All Male Children Under the Age of Two - Satan attempted to destroy the Messiah (Jesus) as a child. But God warned Joseph in a dream to flee with the child and his mother to Egypt. [Matthew 2]

Crucifixion of Jesus - Satan made direct attempt to destroy the Messiah. Jesus was killed on a cross, and remained in a tomb for 3 days. But God raised Him from the dead by the power of the Holy Spirit. Jesus ascended into heaven, sitting at the right hand of the Father. This was the first coming of Jesus Christ as Messiah, occurring at Daniel's 69th week. [Matthew 27, 28]

World Wide Religion (Islam) a rival to God's Covenant With Israel - A system created to transfer land promised to Israel; to build a rival temple; to prevent existence of Israel as a nation. But God promised that Israel to become a nation. [Ezek. 36---39]

Hitler Ordered the Destruction of All Jews - Satan moved Hitler and his followers to attempt to eliminate all Jews from the face of the earth through the Holocaust. Satan was attempting to prevent the Word of God from being fulfilled by eliminating all Jews. But God delivered the Jews after the world conquered Hitler. Israel went on to be victorious against it's foes and to create the Jewish State of Israel. [Ezeliel 36, 37]

The Dragon (Satan) will make a final attempt to destroy the seed of the woman (Israel), in an effort to prevent the second coming of the Messiah. This will occur during the second half of the Tribulation Period. But God will make a place of refuge for the remnant of Israel to escape and Messiah will have the final victory over the kingdom of Satan and his Anti-christ. [Rev. 12---20]

The spiritual and physical birth pains endured by the woman (Israel) throughout the ages makes natural birth pain seem like a mild headache. The scriptures tell us that all of creation is groaning, as it awaits redemption.

BURGYEB's COIN SHOP
                            BURGYEB's ANTIQUE SHOP
                            BURGYEB's CHARITY SHOP

Comment

World News Today: "Unbreakable" bond: Obama offers Neatanyahu assurrances over Iran". " As Iran has been calling for the destruction of the Jewish state." Too contemporary for comfort. See birth pain in above post.

BURGYEB's COIN SHOP
                              BURGYEB's ANTIQUE SHOP
                              BURGYEB's CHARITY SHOP

Comment

Working...
                              X