Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EBID? How many auctions do we have worldwide?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EBID? How many auctions do we have worldwide?

I just noticed this and as you can see these figures are for the USA only.
    So what's the real position?

sigpic

Shown on www.eBid.net homepage
    Attached Files
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

Comment

Your missing the point Craig

USA 2,112,230 listings ?

UK 2,642,625 listings ?

Thing is. Are these seperate figures for each country or do they supposedly represent ebid worldwide?
      If that's the case one figure is out by over half a million auctions!

So I'll say it again.

What's the true picture?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pink_Panther View Post
        Your missing the point Craig

USA 2,112,230 listings ?

UK 2,642,625 listings ?

Thing is. Are these seperate figures for each country or do they supposedly represent ebid worldwide?
        If that's the case one figure is out by over half a million auctions!

So I'll say it again.

What's the true picture?
        If I list an item, I list on the UK site by default, this auction is part of the UK count.
        If the same item is listed as being available to USA for example, then it goes towards the USA count too.
        But the number of auctions on the whole of eBid is that as shown by Craigs link
        The item on the left is a rabbit outdoor light. Over 25% less than Amazon.

http://uk.ebid.net/items/raindropsies All items

http://raindropsies-catalogue-shop.ebid.net Mixed bag items all new

http://raindropsies-overstocks.ebid.net
        Brand new really low prices

http://raindropsies-vinyl-decades.ebid.net Just Vinyls

Comment

Originally posted by raindropsies View Post
          If I list an item, I list on the UK site by default, this auction is part of the UK count.
          If the same item is listed as being available to USA for example, then it goes towards the USA count too.
          But the number of auctions on the whole of eBid is that as shown by Craigs link
          That cannot be true at all!

That would mean that 80% of listings listed outside of USA are available to USA. . . It's just not feasable due to weight and postal restrictions.

80 to 90 % of my listings are for UK only for those exact reasons. I'm sure it's true for most sellers across the board.

Without a proper explanation those figures are worse than useless.

sigpic

Comment

That would mean that 80% of listings listed outside of USA are available to USA. . . It's just not feasable due to weight and postal restrictions.....
            I list everything worldwide regardless of weight and let the buyers choose. I don't see the point in restricting visibility. Even if a buyer doesn't want to pay the postage on *that* item, they could browse from there to something more affordable. Why would you want to restrict your audience?

Comment

That would mean that 80% of listings listed outside of USA are available to USA. . . It's just not feasable due to weight and postal restrictions.

80 to 90 % of my listings are for UK only for those exact reasons. I'm sure it's true for most sellers across the board.

Without a proper explanation those figures are worse than useless.
              Where do you get the 80% figure from

The USA figure is not made up just from listings outside of the USA
              sigpic
              My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

Comment

I don't believe most people list 'worldwide'.

80% is a very very high percent to be visible world wide!

I just don't believe the figures.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bykimbo View Post
                  I list everything worldwide regardless of weight and let the buyers choose. I don't see the point in restricting visibility. Even if a buyer doesn't want to pay the postage on *that* item, they could browse from there to something more affordable. Why would you want to restrict your audience?
                  Ditto!!!!
                  http://caramia-after-all-a-girl-cant-have-too-many.ebid.net (Store)

http://caramia-watches-jewellery-and-all-things-bling.ebid.net (store)

http://caramia-menswear-extravaganza.ebid.net (store)

http://caramia-books-dvds-computer-and-console-games.ebid.net (store)

http://caramia-for-all-your-health-beauty-needs.ebid.net (store)

Comment

Originally posted by TonyBridger View Post
                    Where do you get the 80% figure from

The USA figure is not made up just from listings outside of the USA
                    USA 2,112,230 listings ? (is 80% of )

UK 2,642,625 listings ?

[The USA figure is not made up just from listings outside of the USA]

Exactly my point! Are we to believe that the vast majority of listings on ebid are either ;
                    posted for worldwide view or 80% of ebid listings originate from USA?

Either scenario is ridiculous!

sigpic

Comment

USA 2,112,230 listings ? Just noticed this is a figure for February 2010.

UK 2,642,625 listings ? Today?

What I'm asking is for a True figure for worldwide listings - not what is visible where.

But a figure of listings (A) by country of origin
                      (B) a combined Worldwide figure.

sigpic

Comment

I think it would be cool to see a figure for all listings on eBid, regardless of country of origin, isn't that what the eBay figure is, a total of all the listings worldwide?

I, too, sell worldwide, not that it matters, just had to put my 2 cents in...

Best wishes,
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by suesjools View Post
                          I think it would be cool to see a figure for all listings on eBid, regardless of country of origin, isn't that what the eBay figure is, a total of all the listings worldwide?

I, too, sell worldwide, not that it matters, just had to put my 2 cents in...

Best wishes,
                          As Craig pointed out in post #2, the total worldwide figure is shown on eBid's non-geographical home page, ebid.net

As far as I'm aware, eBay does not have a non-geographical home page so the count given shows the number of listings showing on whatever country's site you're looking at, regardless of where in the world the seller is registered and listing from. So, if you're looking at the figures from PSU, it shows the listings available on eBay's US site. Other than eBid and eBay, all other site counts on PSU show the total worldwide listings.

The half million thread gives the daily figures for 4 eBid sites (if I've updated them) along with the total number of listings on eBid worldwide and the difference in numbers from the last count. These are today's figures http://forums.ebid.net/showthread.ph...=1#post1254834

Last edited by cmjewels925; 26th October 2010, 10:40 AM.

CMEJewellery For all your jewellery needs.

Beads 'n' Bobs For beads.

Charms 'n' Findings For charms and jewellery making supplies.

Comment

USA 2,112,230 listings ? (is 80% of )

UK 2,642,625 listings ?

[The USA figure is not made up just from listings outside of the USA]

Exactly my point! Are we to believe that the vast majority of listings on ebid are either ;
                            posted for worldwide view or 80% of ebid listings originate from USA?

Either scenario is ridiculous!
                            The first scenario is correct; the majority of listings on eBid are offered worldwide. I don't know why you think that is ridiculous, I think it makes good business sense.

CMEJewellery For all your jewellery needs.

Beads 'n' Bobs For beads.

Charms 'n' Findings For charms and jewellery making supplies.

Comment

I don't believe most people list 'worldwide'.

80% is a very very high percent to be visible world wide!

I just don't believe the figures.
                              I list worldwide with the exception of one or two really heavy items that are over the 2kg airmail limit so don't know why you would think that ? Makes good sense to me as overseas buyers often buy two or three things together to cut the postage costs.
                              Click on the banner to visit my pottery store!

Becky's Hoard Books
                              Becky's Hoard Jewellery
                              Becky's Hoard Kitchenalia
                              Becky's Hoard Brocante

You can join eBid :- HERE

Comment

Working...
                              X