Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Rounded Corners

1. bluebedouin
    bluebedouin
    I've just been experimenting with the new* coding for rounding border corners.I haven't transferred them to my listings yet just on my all about page.For our template providers here it opens up new realms in design.

* To me
  2. astral276
    astral276
    They work in Firefox, Chrome and Safari, but not in IE or Opera.

Part of the coming CSS3 standard and in some current webkits, I expect it will be a long time before IE catches up - even when they are 'standard'. I've given up pandering to IE. As long as the page looks OK in IE I don't bother trying to make it look the same as in better browsers.

I've been using them for a while, along with drop shadows. eBid have been using them since the revamp, along with other stuff.
  3. OvertheRainbow4U
    My code for the rounded corners is here:
    <p style="border:solid thick brown; border-radius: 1em; border-width:2px; padding-left:8px; padding-top:5px; padding-bottom:5px; margin:2px;">, and then your enter the text. You can enter different pixels for the border width or a different border-radius; numbers bigger that 1em will make it more round. Close the paragraph tag after you're done with the text.

Keep in mind that the whole border is one paragraph. Consequently you can't open paragraphs inside it as this will throw off the whole thing. Use break tags, 2 break tags will make for an extra blank line, just like a regular paragraph outside the border.

Since this is an inline coding, your border will be as wide as your window, and its size will go with the amount of text inside it. If you can do this with CSS, then you would be able to control the size of the whole border.

Good luck
Follow Us
New To eBid?
Register for Free