My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Insurance question

1. JimmyCee
    Your thoughts on who pays for insurance ???? buyer or seller ????

I insure my sales, always have been always will.
    I am just wondering what others have to say about this.
    I have always growled when I am asked to pay for insurance on an item I am purchasing, why should the buyer be asked to pay ?
    Especially now when insurance fees are going out of sight, here in the U.S. anyway.

Jim
  2. bbplayer07
    bbplayer07
    I think the buyer always pays for the insurance
  3. JerseyDevil
    JerseyDevil
    For me everything depends on the item sold. I've recently sold a number of signed military prints by Robert Taylor and a number of old Luftwaffe members. They averaged about $1200.00 each. When offering such high end items I always pay for Insurance, Tracking and Shipping. When offering a low value item that would necessitate Insurance ( $10.00
    on up to around $500.00 ) it is up to the Buyer to pay for Insurance. I frequently cover myself by paying for Tracking.
    And everything is going out of sight, jc. Thank you Mr. Obama......
  4. SherMari
    It is the sellers responsibility to get the item to the buyer. The insurance is purchased for the sellers protection. Until it reaches the buyer and is verified as not broken it is still yours. If a claim is to be filed it has to be filed by you the seller
  5. JimmyCee
    "I think the buyer always pays for the insurance "
    yes that's the way it happens..but why???
    When I am purchasing a big money item I am asked if I want to insure it. But why should I as a purchaser be required to buy insurance for something I don't have yet?
    I've paid for the item along with shipping.
    If the item does not get to me who does the paper work ? Is it me ? or the seller ?
    If it's me why should I be made to go through the trouble for an item I never received ?
    If it's the seller then why am I asked to pay for insurance that some one else is going to file a claim ?

I agree with SheriMari
  6. JimmyCee
    Responsibility for an item getting to me after I pay for it is the shipper and delivery service.
    Insurance fees over the past few years have gone threw the roof, UPS and USPS insurance rates are outrageous.
    Say your shipping an item that is not breakable, it will not break, however your paying exorbitant fees for insurance ! What are the shipping charges for ?
    I was told by a UPS agent, insurance will cover an item if it is lost. Then what are the shipping fees for ? Do I need to add insurance in order to have a service completed that I paid for ????

Jim
Follow Us
New To eBid?
Register for Free