Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

JEWELRY SELLERS

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. FloweredHat
    I thought we might get together with ideas of what is the most popular at this time and how much information should we add to the listing?

I have tried many different items, selling internationally and not, listing my terms and not, editing photo backgrounds and I use a lister to make the add look more appealing, I get a lot of people viewing the items, unless it's just the other sellers checking them out (as I do) but I still cant understand why I am not selling anything. Also, I have raised and lowered prices, ran some specials, ran different lenghts of time and still nothing.

I know several of the rest of you are going through the same things, does anyone have some suggestions?
  2. CNCJEWELRY
    Dear FlowerdHat. I am new here and just left Ebay. I have gotten all my items off of Ebay and now entering them here.
    I like your idea of helping each other and Me being new I have ideas but not totally familiar with all the EBid rules yet. After I study them I may make some suggestions. Oh, by the way I am Billy and the lady is my wife, Brenda, of 38 years. We both are disabled and stay home and live off of Social Security. We wiped out our saving, CD's and 401k's with medical bills and being out of work. So we are trying to supplement our income.
    I think I read you came for Ebay also. While I was there I had two stores just like here and a web site. Tried to get people to signup for newsletter and some did. So back when I had income from EBay and Web site I signed up with Icontact. With a few clicks of the mouse I could creat a newsletter and send out two hundred emails in a second. I cannot afford that right now so I am going to download a template from microsoft and with microsoft word 2007 make my own newsletter and email via Outlook 2007.
    I printed a copy of every sale I ever made so I have piles of names and email addresses from my old customers.
    At the present I have been swamped with entering my items and working on my about me and my templates. I am not finished yet but the more professional you look along with feedback people tend to trust you more. I am a licensed business and attempt to show that on all my stores and pages.
    Just between you and I, I have been buying from other sellers but it is hard to find a good deal without paying a arm and leg for shipping. I have written this twice in the forums but they keep taking it off. That is why people are looking but not buying. Before I list any item I google it to see what others sell it for and also check walmart and Amazon to see their price.
    I have taken up too much time all ready but FloweredHat you have a good idea here and we will start recruiting other jewelry sellers and we will work together.
    One other thing, We, I mean EBid has a great sellection of jewelry of all styles and this will give our buyers a great choice.
    Thanks again and email me the next time you are on here and we will start meeting and get things going soon. I would have been here sooner but I found this place today.
    Thanks, God Bless,
    Billy & Brenda
  3. FloweredHat
    Hello Billy and Brenda,

I have checked your site (store) several times and like your Photo and your great advise on the care for jewlery, I was going to get in touch with you and ask If I could put a link to your store just to suggest people read all your facts and information. I used to do that and have not gotten around to it yet. But it is really helpful. Yes, I was on ebay for 9 years also licensed, I left them about 8 months ago, just got sick of everything. So I have been busy with gardening, moving, family stuff and then finally got tired of not working so I am trying here and so far I love it, however, I am having trouble getting around and finding where I leave off between forums, Private messages and contacting and talking to the wrong person, or thinking it was someone else which I did earlier, I thought I was talking with your wife and it was someone else and now had to send her a message saying I was sorry and I am not really crazy.

Anyway. I think the more of us who get together concerning our sales and how to promote will be really helpful, especially with Jewelry. I am going to be trying to get more people who are selling as we do, to join here and see how much we can get done.
    Thanks for your note and for joining in the fight to get ourselves some sales.
    bye for now and take care...
    Lynn
  4. CNCJEWELRY
    Dear FloweredHat,
    Thanks for the welcome and compliments about the pictures. You have a great picture of you and I love pets. We just lost our cat awhile back with cancer and we sure do miss him.
    Brenda has had Spinal Meningitis and a Stroke and does not get on here much.
    You may link to our about us page if you wish. I have been so busy with adding auctions and stores haven't had much time to work on the about us page. As I find information useful to others I will incorporate into the page.
    My email address is cncjewelrystore@gmail.com if you need to reach me sooner. I will try to check this forum as often as possible until I get things going.
    I see you have made alot more post than I so you can maybe tell me the EBid policy about linking to other sites and where and where not we can do that. I have read we cannot link to an outside businesses.
    God Bless,
    Talk to you later,
    Billy & Brenda Mabe
  5. BenM66
    BenM66
    HI, Thanks for creating this group, I think it's a good idea if we help each other with tips or referrals, I have great products at great prices but I am new to this and also new to Ebid so I need all the help and advice I can get, I don't know why my pic isn't showing? as I have one on my profile? who knows eh? anyway thanks again and good luck to you and all the members who decide to join ><
  6. CNCJEWELRY
    Dear BenM66, Welcome to our group and we are new here. I was on EBay and was doing well until. This is a good site but we have got to start letting people know we are here. Our customer service has got to get better. I purchase three items two weeks ago to help build up my feedback. Paid for one with Google Check out and have received it, feedbacks left. The next item said he took credit cards but was a third party about like PayPal in another courty. Took me two days to get my payment paid. He has now purchased a UPS shipping label but not given it to UPS.
    Third purchase paid via PayPal went straight through the seller is waiting for it to transfer to her bank. With this customer survice people will not come back here. I have written two articles about our problems here in the US. Another one was about such high prices and high shipping cost.
    If I understood right FlowerdHat is going to find out how and if you can link our auctions and stores together.
    BenM66 if you have any questions you may try us first and then find the correct forums and list there. There are some really nice and friendly helpful people on here.
    Good Luck
  7. JanetB
    JanetB
    Hallo everyone! Thank you for creating this group Lynn

Here is what I learned here on eBid before making purchases and parting with your money:

* Check out the seller's feedback.
    * Check to see when they were last online. If it has been more than a week, best to ask them a question to see if they respond. If it's been more than a month, my guess is that they are not too interested in eBid and most probably don't give good customer service.
    * Remember, if the item is selling dirt cheap and the shipping is high but you still think it's a bargain, think again. Should you receive the item not as described or any other problem with it, the seller will most probably only refund the item price and not the shipping. They still make a profit either way.
    * Always, always, always hit the report button when you see an auction that does not seem right to you. Admin will check it out and act accordingly. Admin don't check listings and rely on members to report.
    * If you get no satisfaction from a seller regarding refunds, you can just go directly to your CC company (if you paid by credit card thru poopal) and ask for a chargeback. There is no need to open a claim with poopal. Your CC company will chase PP for the monies. But remember, you cannot do both, Dispute with PP and your CC, it's either one or the other.

Can't think of anything else right now, but hope this info helps you.

~Jan~
  8. CNCJEWELRY
    FloweredHat, do you know the rules about linking to differnet sites and if so do you have any suggestions on how we do this. I am ready to get started and I will link everone on this Social group. We have got to do something before Christmas with the ecomony here in the States Christmas may even slow and I believe alot of people will be shopping auction sites for a bargain.
  9. CNCJEWELRY
    FloweredHat, Please check my About Us Page. I have started tinkering with the idea about links. Take a look and let me know how to improve it. Just got started and this is my first attempt.
    Thanks.
  10. JanetB
    JanetB
    Wow Billy & Brenda!
    You have an EXCELLENT About Us Page!

About links, you can add links where ever you want, as long as it's not an e-commerce link

~Jan~
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Follow Us
New To eBid?
Register for Free