eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

itīs your turn to talk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. rucabela
    dear group
    i have started another discussion to open the door for you to talk about your collections or funny collecting stories etc
    SO!! the door is open lol
  2. Oldandintheway
    When I lived on the Anakie gem fields in my youth mining Sapphires, I just rough camped in a bush hut.
    The local village of Rubyvale has a town common, & the locals are free to let their stock (mainly cattle, horses & some donkeys & camels) roam & graze the common. The whole gem field, some 265 square miles, are part of a large Brahman cattle property called Kielambete Station in any case.

Relaxing in my hut one morning I heard the sound of cracking timber, quite close by.
    Naturally I got up & went outside to check on the noise. When I rounded the front of my parked truck, I came face to face with one of the said Brahman bulls, who had taken it upon himself to walk over a large bush outside my hut & snap it off at ground level. I can only presume he wanted to scratch his belly.

Well, we stood there like that for a little while, & I'm pleased to say that he finally backed down & went away.
    I on the other hand, went inside to change my underwear!
  3. rucabela

what a great story!!
    This is what we want,funny stories to do with collecting
    love it, thanks for that..........roy

4. rucabela
    i have a funny story about collecting,well i think itīs funny lol
    one day, a few years ago now,i went to a collectors fair and decided to buy a brand new uncirculated note,which i had been wanting for some time
    the note was so new and uncirculated (not cheap either) that when i got home i realised that there were 2 notes together
    not stuck as such bt when they are new , they have a tendency to stick together
    that made my day because the notes were also in sequence with the serial numbers
    A GOOD DAYS COLLECTING LOL
  5. Oldandintheway
    Half price - gotta love it!
  6. rucabela
    Yes i was impressed
  7. Oldandintheway
    Hi all, at the end of this month I put one of my collectable reso guitars (the one in the photo/other thread) thru its paces again. My 3rd time on stage at our annual steel guitar club festival.
    Nervous time leading up to it, & I'm doing as much practise as possible ATM.
    I'm first cab off the rank, so at least when I'm finished, I can sit back, enjoy the show & watch everybody else suffer.
  8. rucabela
    wow thats cool
    any big stars gonna be there,youīll have to get there autographs for me lol
    best of luck with that.....ROY
  9. Oldandintheway
    None that you'd call big stars this year Roy, just most of the top players in Australia & New Zealand.(hence my nerves)
    In the past we have had the likes of Buddy Emmons, Winnie Winston, Sarah Jory & Joe Wright to name a few. Arguably some of the best steel players on the planet.
  10. rucabela
    sorry,excuse my ignorance but i donīt know these musicians
    steel guitars are not big here lol
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Follow Us
New To eBid?
Register for Free