Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Book Sellers

Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. BrilliantBooks
    BrilliantBooks
    Hi book sellers.
    I've been doing books for ages on "the other side" and transferred my shop to eBid.
    Need to get more sales - but I see that some others are doing rather well.
    I'd be really glad to hear from anyone who'd like to share their successes or frustrations of bookselling on eBid.
    I'm not planning to moderate this in any way, so let's just see what happens.

Andy

See BrilliantBooks for books, videos, CDs and magazines.http://uk.ebid.net/stores/BrilliantB...deos-Magazines
  2. bykimbo
    Hi Andy, I've been actively trying to sell here since July 2008 (ignore my joining date, joined looked left...) and I'm really not having much luck selling books. But I think that's partly down the economy right now! People are looking for cheap entertainment and bargains, and that's not quite what I sell. I do mostly twentieth century first editions, which was a great choice a few years ago. I do find this a good place to buy to read though - I've picked up several paperbacks at reasonable prices, and sellers here are usually ready to do a deal on combined shipping.
    However it goes, it's a fun place to be so welcome aboard.
  3. ButtonJohnLuke
    ButtonJohnLuke
    A small but select group so far then. I'm trying to list all the books I've got through (and some I haven't) from the last two to three years whilst I've been a bit immobile. And some that were bought on the spur of the moment but haven't seen the light of day - the cookery / health / hobby types that seemed a good idea at the time.

Royal Mail's changes earlier in the year helped in some directions but not in others. I've been astounded at some of the charges, yet pleasantly surprised at others.

I've had to start stocking up on some packaging too as all the materials I had from a previous life 'over there' were cleared out. I hope I get the need to use the packaging!
  4. BrilliantBooks
    BrilliantBooks
    Welcome Bykimbo and Grannie.
    Well - let's see if anyone pops in here who's doing well over here with books.
    eBid seems a great way to put up the slower-selling items, which I think covers most of my stuff - second-hand books and magazines (as well as some CDs & videos etc.).
    I'm wondering why I'm getting quite a lot of views but only one sale so far. It's worth holding on in here. eBid is growing, and having joined with the lifetime fee we can afford to be patient, but I have to admit it would be nice to have a few more sales.

Grannie - I think the postal charges are mostly ok - you're right some things got better, others worse.

Bykimbo - the economy is pants right now! you're so right, but I'm experimenting with listing some things on the other side (not in a shop - I had to close that down) and since their changes things are selling quite well.
  5. BrilliantBooks
    BrilliantBooks
    Could you guys add a link to your bookshops, so as people look in here you at least get a free advert
    Andy
  6. blissfulbelfry
    blissfulbelfry
    Hello
    I have been selling on the internet since 2005 and I finally given up selling on the other place due to other sellers opinions on the massive changes.

Upwards ever upwards - I hope
  7. bykimbo
    It feels quite like old times in here... sorry Brilliant, that won't make much sense to you, but spookily I know both Grannie and Blissful from other (different) places. Very cosy!

Grannie, if you have any business around you that you can scrounge packaging from, they'll probably be pleased to see you. So far I collect boxes and card from one of the village ice-cream shops (tourist village!) and corrugated card from the picture-framer next door. I've also had a couple of fruit boxes from the greengrocer as they're so good for keeping books in.

As for my shop, http://uk.four.ebid.net/perl/main.cg...Books-by-Kimbo will get you there. All the clever stuff with banners is in my posting sig, but that doesn't show here, so I hope you don't mind rough and ready.
  8. bykimbo
    Grannie, a sudden thought - if in all those cookery books you have anything by Mark Hix you don't want, please let me know - he's a food hero of mine, but really hard to find at sensible prices.
  9. klj
    klj
    Hello booksellers. I have had pretty good luck selling books here, just not in large quantities. A few here, a few there. But getting good prices for the scarcer books lately, so hopeful about the growth of the site. Like Kimbo I use local shops for boxes and cardboard to use for shipping. Have found a photo shop that has boxes from frames that are perfect for books. Link to my main shop.
    http://uk.nine.ebid.net/perl/main.cg...e=KLJ-Bookshop
  10. ButtonJohnLuke
    ButtonJohnLuke
    Hello and welcome klj and blissfulbelfry.

Kim - sorry hun - nothing so exotic as Mark Hix although I'll admit I've never heard of him.

I get quite a lot of decent card packaging from the dreadful day-job place. It's usually the cartons that reams of copy paper are delivered in so whether I break it down or keep it as a carton complete with lid it comes in dead handy. My local Asda can be a useful source for bubble-wrap from the fruit and veg department and they're always happy to have it taken away although recently it seems everyone's been at it and it's getting more scarce.

Anyway - here's the book store so far. More to be added over the coming days:
    http://uk.nine.ebid.net/perl/main.cg...ies-Book-store
Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Follow Us
New To eBid?
Register for Free