My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Book Sellers

1. bykimbo
    Mark Hix isn't exotic, bless him, he's *very* traditional. He's a top British chef and he rejuvenates traditional British food. But because he hasn't got his own TV show he's less well known than some. If anybody comes across anything by him, please let me know. Ta.
  2. BrilliantBooks
    BrilliantBooks
    Welcome to our new members
    Hello to Blissfulbelfry, and Klj.

Klj pointed out that my signature link wasn't working.
    I've updated it now - thanks Klj.

My shop link is
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/BrilliantB...deos-Magazines

if you fancied a browse.

Andy
  3. Spyder1942
    Spyder1942
    Hi all been selling here from may this year.Like others i joined quite a while ago.
  4. Spyder1942
    Spyder1942
  5. ButtonJohnLuke
    ButtonJohnLuke
    Hello Spyder. If I wasn't trying to clear some space I'd be tempted!
  6. BrilliantBooks
    BrilliantBooks
    Hi Spyder.
    Welcome

I just had a quick look at your shop and it's really nice.
    I particularly like the way your left-hand menus work - that's really clear and nice to browse through (Is it hard to do that?).

Very nice to have you on board.

all the best,
    Andy
  7. BrilliantBooks
    BrilliantBooks
    Hi Kimbo,
    I've just taken a look at your shop, and you've got the nice menus too.
    How do you all do that?

I'm really glad this little corner of eBid seems to be allowing a few of you to meet up - that's great.

Can I ask another question of you all - do you use the Pimp my Auctions threads? - and have you had any success with that?
    I suppose a more general question is "do you have any idea where your sales came from"? - i.e. did people simply search for books on eBid and found you, or do you think it was via some other promotion.

Of course - a potential possibility is that this group might find some way to inter-link; a sort of "if you've not found what you're looking for here, why not try these shops . . .?" Is that even possible? Would anyone want to do that? (I just booked a bed and breakfast, and it was nice how when the first 2 were full, they instantly said "you should phone Mary - I think she's got a place" - so there was a bit of a strength in numbers, and I guess Mary would in turn recommend them if she was full.

Whoops - waffling now.
    Good night to you all.
    Andy @ BrilliantBooks
  8. Spyder1942
    Spyder1942
    hi Brill.Its easy to do an index you will find you can do it on edit my stores.it will only allow you so many a category but you can get round it by calling one lot fiction 1 then fiction 2 etc.If you put items in for 8 or 9 or more days they go onto Google search and if you stagger the ending time then they sometimes catch a sale worldwide.I found when i started selling in may i sold nothing for weeks but things are slow but picking up.I seem to sell to other countrys more then the uk.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Spyders-Books
  9. bykimbo
    I'm not sure about the idea of cross-promoting book stores. I think that once people are at the ebid site, all shops and sellers are readily available anyway. Any particular link offered then looks like a *recommendation* and unlike the B&B owners in the same village, we don't really know each other or anything about how we work or what level of service we provide, do we?

What I do do is the stores directory on my information web site - that seems more useful to me, since it's external to the site, and provides a service not otherwise available here.

Just my two penn'orth.
  10. BrilliantBooks
    BrilliantBooks
    Good point Kimbo. I think you're right.
    Spyder - thanks for the hints - I never thought that the number of days might affect whether a search engine might pick up a listing! Good hint.
    thanks,
    Andy
Follow Us
New To eBid?
Register for Free