Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Book Sellers

1. Bookshed
    Bookshed
    Things went very quiet for me on all my selling platforms after the first week in December! I popped all my stuff on holiday settings on Monday so I didn't have the stress of hoping stuff would get through the postal system before Chrristmas - last year was terrible. So I have been enjoying a quiet week and getting the house ready for Christmas along with lots of shopping - although have gone down with this cold bug thing and am doing alot of coughing!
  2. hush77hush
    hush77hush
    my comic book sales have drop of but have sold loads of toys in the last coulpe of weeks.
    not sure what to read from that?
  3. youmeus
    youmeus
    Bookshed, sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Hope you are better soon.
  4. BrilliantBooks
    BrilliantBooks
    We're struggling too with the colds and bugs - seems like everyone is.

Interestingly, when the Shop fees went up on t'other side I closed my shop as I couldn't afford the fees, BUT my individual sales have been a lot lot better than before.

In the new year I think I'll have to experiment a lot more with promoting the eBid site, as I'm not sure how much people know about it.
    I email every single buyer from the other side with an eBay advert and a link to my site over here. Occasionally I get enquiries such as "what's it like".

I love the whole set-up but I so wish I had more than one sale to boast about.

By the way - in case it gets busy with 'life' over the next few days, my I take this opportunity to wish you all a very Happy Christmas (in spite of the flu and the credit crunch and . . . .).

Happy Christmas,
    Andy @ BrilliantBooks
  5. hush77hush
    hush77hush
    Happy Crimbo
    andy
  6. Timekeeper1
    Hello All Fellow Book Sniffers, I think I have everything now put together here at this time on Ebid. I am ready to Sell and possibly buy and post here on Ebid. I am also a Voluntary refugee from the other side. I did not need there stress in my live at this time. Sold on the other side since January 2000. The other side at that time had warmth and rays of sunshine. It sure has gotten dark and windy there now. But that is another story for another time.
    Let's Talk Books, What can give a book collector more of a thrill then a purchase of an old estate box of old books. I makes me excited just thinking of the finds that could be. Although I have books I don't collect books as such, I collect knowledge and it so happens that the knowledge I seek is between two book covers. I made some good finds this past summer at estate auctions.
    I have my own web site where I sell strictly Old Children's books. My sales have dropped off at this time from summer. Can I state the name of the site on this board? I also sell at a brick and mortar location here in town. I sell alot of Epemera, Old Magazines, Sheet Music, Books, Comics and Post Cards. I will post some images of the store.
    I hope to be an active member of the Group, Posting and being available for comment and help I may be able to provide.
    Best Wishes for Your Christmas
    TimeKeeper
  7. youmeus
    youmeus
    Timekeeper1, welcome to the forum. I too get most of my books from estate auctions. Often the ones I think would be the most valuable don't seem to be with the buyers. I have a set of historical novels by Muhlbach that I thought would go as a set, when that didn't work I tried listing them seperately but still no takers. Guess I need to get some more of that knowledge you refered to!

Someone else can give you a definate answer but I don't think you can put your web site on here as that would be considered ecommerce and that is not allowed.
  8. hush77hush
    hush77hush
    hello timekeeper
    which town do you have yor store?
    and what sort of comics do you sell? am looking for some issue's of 2000ad and some marvel uk transformers can i send you a list?
    happy christmas to you and all
  9. Timekeeper1
    Hello Hush, I stay with Gold or Silver comics as I am lost in the newer stuff. I have a good private collection and sometimes I have a fight with myself regarding what to sell. I sell fair amount of silver comics at the retail store if they are priced fair. I was selling a few on the otherside at times. The antique mall I sell at is in Stoughton Wisconsin. You are welcome to send a list and I will keep just in case. I do believe that the newer comic market has been compromised with the flood of newer titles, different Runs, and publishers. It has become something like what happaned to Baseball Cards.
  10. Timekeeper1
    Hello Youmeus,
    I think the natural thing for book sellers and collectors to do is buy and put out for sale what we like. The problem with that is it is most likely not what buyers what. As a book person we see value in books that others do not. Maybe we are a little excentric when it comes to books. We love books and knowledge they contain, the feel and old smell of a old book. Most buyers seem to want a lot of illustrations, a name author, a how to do something or just something of local history. I have always found that it was a challenge to sell any set of books unless they had great looking binding and covers. They are most times just used as shelve setters to decorate a room, to leave the perception of a learned person. The problem of selling books boils down to so many books out there for sale and so few people who read them. What selling books does for me is that it gives me the excuse I need to go to the sale. After all I am buying for resale.
Follow Us
New To eBid?
Register for Free