Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

eBid's Coins & Banknotes Category

1. NPCoin
    NPCoin
    I just posted some suggestions in the New & Ghost Category forum here.

Give some input if you will.

And I was wondering what everybody here thought of the category setup. I personally had found it quite exhaustive. The basic rule in many design industries including IT/MIS has always been KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid).

The biggest complaints I have received from my customers is that they do not want to sign up to "yet another useless auction site". That's quite a hurdle to jump there in convincing them to sign up to eBid to purchase. In the past, when I did finally convince one to sign up, they complained that there were simply too many categories to look through.

I'll continue in the next post since I went over the allowable number of characters.
  2. NPCoin
    NPCoin
    I know that many times, these are simply excuses as to why not to utilize eBid, especially since eBay has just as many sub-categories. Whenever I go to actually browse through the sub-categories, I myself find it exhaustive when trying to simply browse through inventories on birthyear proof sets.

You can search for a specific year, but that's not always going to find everything, and you may actually miss quite a few items that do not have the specific keywords. Same with publications.

Now, there are less than 55,000 listings under Coins & Banknotes, 45k of them under Coins. There are over 280 sub-categories under the Coins sub-category. Of those, only a literal handful have sub-categories such as mint set, proof set, etc. Now, as a birth-year collector, that's quite a bit of hunting to find what I'm looking for. Again, I know all about searching, but I have found many times in the past, a lot is missed by searching, especially when things are included in lots or collections.
  3. burgyeb
    burgyeb
    Hi NPCoin,

I agree that additional specification is needed for categories dealing with coins, banknotes, and related products. I never go to categories to find what I am looking for to buy; only use it to set up my selling categories. Do not always find what I need.

The best thing to do would be to spell recommended categories out for eBid's consideration. I did that last for category specification for bullion (coins, bars, nuggets, pickers, flakes, etc.) and across the metals of gold, silver, platinum, etc. Received no comment, and did not have the time or energy to keep asking. But if different coin and banknote sellers/buyers continue to ask on the proper forum threads, then maybe eBid will become more responsive.

The issue of the search capacity of the site being insufficient is an additional concern, and hopefully eBid will correct the issue.
Follow Us
New To eBid?
Register for Free