Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Increase your Search Engine Ranking, Advertise your Store & Ebid Effectively

1. 1958faithart
    1958faithart
    not sure how to go about things guys but im willing to help and learn, how do you get all your pictures on your mail?
  2. JanetB
    JanetB
    Hi faithart,

Not sure what you mean by getting all pictures on our mail?

~Jan~
  3. bykimbo
    Are you talking about putting pictures in posts, or your signature maybe? Take a look at the help pages in my forum signature or via www.bykimbo.com (ebid widgets tab) and see if the answer's there - I have illustrated guides to using several areas of ebid.
  4. Maxx
    Maxx
    Just a reminder, you can subscribe to this group and receive emails to your outside email account when there are new posts.

When you're in the discussion/group... look up in the upper right hand corner of your screen: "Discussion Tools" click Subscribe.

PS: I don't get all of the email notifications of when there's been a posting. Anyone else have this problem?
  5. lve2b009
    lve2b009
    Question for Google Search Listing. I'm first time new ebid joiner and I'm trying to get my items noticed - like everyone else increase traffic to your items and store. I was advised that I should list items as Buy Now at duration of 30 Days and Auto Repost. In addition adding HTML like meta description and alt to images. Just interested in your thoughts regarding this information. I see there has not been any posting on this lately.
  6. marshland
    marshland
    ive2b009
    If you look back through the forums there has been considerable discussion over the best strategy.
    When I started I followed the excellent advice that bykimbo has posted on the forums and on her own website.
    6 months and a few sales later I have modified the strategy to fit the areas that seem to help my shops.
    For instance I have an auction price set at the bottom line that I am willing to accept and a buy it now price set a bit higher that represents a good price for my stock.
    I use the 10 repeats as you have suggested.
    I use 14 days as my auction time. I felt that buyers would probably not like to wait any longer than 14 days for an item whereas 7 days would use up the 10 repeats and bring the need to relist if not sold a little to quickly.
    If you follow the respected ethos of most of the sucessful sellers on eBid then you list as many items as possible as this tends to reflect in the sales.
    continued in next message->
  7. marshland
    marshland
    There is not a one size suits all eBid marketing strategy .
    I think that each seller needs to look at what they sell, what price market they are in, what their competitors offer and what a buyer would look for when deciding whether to buy their goods.
    Once you have all this information you can decide what strategy will give you the edge ( It's not just price) .
    I hope that this helps

Peter
  8. Maxx
    Maxx
    Very good information marshland. Thanks for adding your experience and information. It's most useful. bykimbo is an excellent resource of information. I have learned much from her websites too.
  9. Maxx
    Maxx
    ive2b009 wrote:
    Question for Google Search Listing. I'm first time new ebid joiner and I'm trying to get my items noticed - like everyone else increase traffic to your items and store. I was advised that I should list items as Buy Now at duration of 30 Days and Auto Repost. In addition adding HTML like meta description and alt to images. Just interested in your thoughts regarding this information. I see there has not been any posting on this lately.
    ------------------
    Hi ive2b009, I'm interested in learning about this too. I've been searching the forums on this topic. Does anyone have any info they can offer to Ive2b009 and me? Thanks. Excellent question ive2b009
  10. JanetB
    JanetB
    For Google Shopping to grab your auctions and place them in their search engines you will need to have a BIN price.

However, you can also offer a start bid price as well (as long as a BIN price is included for the Google search).

It is advisable to run your listings at 7 - 10 - 14 days (pick whichever) so that they get to the top of the eBid list for everyone to see. 30 days is much too long.

You can automatically relist up to 10 times.

If you are using your own HTML templates with images, then it is a good idea to use the ALT tag within the image url and give it an image name ie ALT="fluffy boots pink with polka dots and gold laces"

These kind of tags will be picked up by Google.

Hope this helps.

~Jan~
Follow Us
New To eBid?
Register for Free