Increase your Search Engine Ranking, Advertise your Store & Ebid Effectively

Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. Maxx
    Maxx
    From Ebid: How to get onto the Google search listings:

If you wish your items to be included in our uploads make sure they are :
    1) Legal
    2) have a BuyNow price
    3) Have at least 7 days remaining OR are On First Bid OR are Run Until Sold at 5am on the 8th, 18th and 28th of each month.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Research from Maxx:

http://www.bruceclay.com/web_rank.htm Good Info and Free Tools

Increase a Web site's traffic by ranking very high in the results of searches
    Search Engine Optimization (SEO) overview
    How to select keywords
    How to identify competitor keywords
    How to combine keywords
    How to add your keywords to your content
    How to submit to search engines
    Consider Community, Intent, & Engagement Objects
    How to Check Your Search Engine Ranking
    How To Do Link Building
    Now the Other Stuff

http://wolfram.org/writing/howto/3.html Good Info.
    Score Higher in Google Search Engine
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Note From Maxx: Some things I have learned from the above websites:

Now this might sound crazy but it will get you more sales: On your “All about me” page, place a section at the bottom of your page called “Favorite Links” or “Cool Sites” or what ever you want to label it. Then put links to ebid “All about me” pages that are your competition. Ask that person to link back to your “All about me” page. -- That’s the part that sounds crazy, but to link back and forth with your competition is what will get you more sales… and sellers are going to find your competition anyway. Why not send sellers back and forth to each store? Make sense? So, I link to Bob then Bob links back to me. (link back and forth between “All about me” pages).

Also, write helpful blogs about your store topic and link it back to your store(s) websites and your “All about me” page. Put a place on your blog to allow others to link to it. (this is explained in the websites listed above)

And most importantly, use the Google and other search engines to search for something you might advertise in your store. Ask to link to the first few stores listed, and ask them to link to you. If linked together, the higher ranking store will give your store more importance, hence giving you a higher ranking in the search engine.
    Another note: Ebidders, place links to other Ebidders on your “All about me” pages. This is the only place I can think of to place the Links we are discussing. For stores outside of Ebid… give them your “Ebid Store Link” not your “All about me” page. This will bring buyers straight to your store from theirs.
    Here’s the code format you use to link to an “All about me” page or other store website. It happens to be my “All about me” page (of course) :

<a href="http://us.nine.ebid.net/perl/normal....bout&user=Maxx">Maxx Fashions</a>

This is the website location
    This is the name that would display on your page.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I will be selling Clothing and Accessories: Vintage Like New.

Would anyone like to link to me who is my competition? I’ll link back to you! Let’s give each other a boost in the search engine rankings.

And don’t forget to search for those high ranking stores and ask if they wouldn’t mind linking back to you. But be very polite. Ask only once.

Question: In the "CODE" example (below), should we put the name “Ebid” in our stores link to give Ebid more visibility?

Example:
    <a href="http://us.nine.ebid.net/perl/normal.cgi?user=711055&mo=their-all-about">Maxx Fashions at Ebid</a>

What do you think? Any suggestions?
  2. nanny18
    nanny18
    I have opted to join.Have had no luck here so far.I am not computer literate so dont know how to go about things.Willing to learn also.Will link with others if asked.I sell clothing new and occasionally used .Jewellry and home items,nanny18
  3. meebo1
    I have started adding some store links to my about me page. Anybody would like to do the same for me, please do. I know we are sort of competing, but if the buyer can't find what they want why not help them along the way?
  4. Maxx
    Maxx
    I sell Like New & Vintage clothing and accessories. Currently I sell only in the US but plan to learn how to fill out additional forms and ship to UK and Canada. Looking to Link with my Competition.

NANNY18
    , I would like to link to your "The About Nanny18" Page if you would like to link to "The About Maxx" page. I'll help you with the codes you need on your "The About Nanny18" page if you like. I currently have to get my auctions on line so you all can see the products I sell before making your decisions.
  5. Maxx
    Maxx
    Hi MEEBO1, It's a good idea to link to your competition who sell similar items as you. The bidders are going to find your competition anyway so when we link together, it will give our stores a higher ranking in the search engines and send bidders back and forth so we can both increase our sales!

MEEBO1, what products do you sell?
  6. klj
    klj
    Sounds like it is worth a try! I sell books, jewellery, pottery, antiques and general household items.
  7. hush77hush
    hush77hush
    can you have a look at my about me page and tell me what you think please.

http://uk.three.ebid.net/perl/normal...heir-all-about
  8. Maxx
    Maxx
    Hi hush77hush,
    We're glad you are here!

You're About Me page is very creative.

(Deleted incorrect info about adding your email to your Ebid Stores)

A suggestion... Under the LINKS Section at the bottom of your About me page, in my opinion, I'd keep it simple. Go to the link you listed under your LINKS category http://leicestervintage.weebly.com/index.html. Go to their "Recommended Websites" page. See how they list their LINKS? It's "Link" followed by brief info. or a "tag line".

But, I don't see your link on their page. Call "Joe" and tell him you have a link to his website. Ask him what he would like his "tag line" to be. AND then ask him if he would add your Store Link "http://uk.nine.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?mo=user-store&title=HUSHS-COMIC-BOOK-WORLD" followed by your short "tag line" to his "Favorite Websites" page.

I love your creative look Hush77hush! It shows your personality.
    Any other tricks anyone can offer hush77hush?
  9. hush77hush
    hush77hush
    hi maxx did have my email address on the about me page but was told this was against the rules??? is this true anyone know??
    the link of my shop on Joe's web site is the next step only put that on this afternoon so mine should be on his soon fingers crossed.
    I like your idea about the links for competition on yours and theres store but sadly have had no takes from the comics book stores.
  10. Maxx
    Maxx
    hush77hush, thank you for correcting me about emails!
    -----------------------------------
    I learned on bykimbo's website: http://www.bykimbo.com/ebid/help/#email
    By-the-way, this site has great information!

Quote from bykimbo: "Can I include my email address anywhere?
    No, you can't, sorry. Email addresses are not permitted on the site, I've checked. Ebid support replied to my question with:
    We do not allow the posting of your email address in your auctions, All about me information or forum postings."
    ----------------------------------
    From Maxx: No takes from the comic book stores? How about toy stores?
Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Follow Us
New To eBid?
Register for Free