eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Increase your Search Engine Ranking, Advertise your Store & Ebid Effectively

1. Maxx
    Maxx
    A warm welcome to our new members!

Many have asked, "What do I do now?. You may start by reading 4 informational posts:
    * By Maxx: 1st post listed-March 9 (From Ebid: How to get onto...)
    * By Maxx: March 15-yesterday (Tutorials on HTML:...)
    * By Hush77hush: March 15-yesterday (hi all have found this useful site...)
    * By Maxx: March 15-yesterday (Welcome to all new mates! I thought we could spread the word...)

For those of you who would like more info on html and links, etc, I suggest a very good group named "HTML Helper" http://helpdesk.ebid.net/group.php?groupid=25 created by Jeweleffects

Now Friends, I am not an expert in these areas but I am analytical and love to research! I hope that others in this group who are experts, love to research, or have tricks to help us reach our group's goal, will contribute their knowledge to this group also. Don't be shy, jump in with your knowledge!

Also, let's spread this info throughout the forums for all to learn, with the goal of bringing buyers to our stores! Feel free to copy and paste info you find helpful in this group to other forums or groups, and be sure to leave a link to this group so others can join and learn too.

How to link to this group:
    When writing a message in another forum copy & paste this link into your message:
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/group.php?groupid=37
    And It will become a link to this group.

If you find info in other forums or groups that help us with our goals, paste it here!

And be sure to invite your mates to join.

Cheers -- Maxx
  2. hush77hush
    hush77hush
    Thanks for the link summerdreams will defo do something similar when i get a min. :0
  3. summerdreams
    You're welcome and thank you ahead of time hush77.
  4. bykimbo
    Maxx, I'd be happy to add one of your stores to my growing list, but you don't seem to be selling anything! Any ideas when you expect to get a store up and running?
  5. Maxx
    Maxx
    You are so kind, bykimbo!!! I'm working on getting my stores up. I think I'll be making 2 or 3 stores, not sure yet. I have to research the number of search hits my names will get and compare that to the number of stores with those names in their url's. Thank you for your offer! I'll let you know, dear friend! The same is offered to you from me.
  6. bykimbo
    Just keep me posted then. And thanks for kicking this off.
  7. lofty100e
    lofty100e
    Hi, Thanks for the invite, this looks like it could be a very steep learning curve for me; I'm not very techy (Rob in our IT office at work reckons I shouldn't be allowed anything more complicated than a paper clip.

In response to Huddy's post about poor response earlier, I reckon the reason for that is lack of get up and go or suspicion as to his motives. If I got an offer to link up with one of my compettitors I would be wondering what was going on. Why would he/she want to promote my goods when they should be concentrating on their own. Now if my core product was say books (very nearly was, but I decided it was a bad idea as I want read most books I get hold of); and someone who sold book-markers wanted to link up I could understand the logic.

I will probably try this later when I have extended my listings, (at the moment I am a very small player in the football programme market with just over 100). But I have more to add once I get some background work done.
  8. PoppyGrove
    PoppyGrove
    This sounds like an interesting idea - I must have missed the original thread and have stumbled on this by accident - sort of.

I'm happy to add anyone on my about me page who wishes to be added - for a return addition. My about me page needs revamping anyway, so it will be a good reason to revamp and update.

The way I see it, if we have links on out About Me pages to our forum buddies - buyers / browsers will be directed to other seller members who are live and active. This will eradicate a lot of threads starting 'I've paid and bought ... , but I haven't received my goods. What do I do now? ' . It should help in some way to increase sales. At any rate - if we don't try, we won't know.
  9. penny291
    Hi, thanks for the invite, cannot do anything for the next couple of weeks, personal grief, but will be participating in the future
  10. bykimbo
    I've been asked to repeat this here, so it'll all be in one place. I've copied the relevant bit from my recent forum post:

My approach has been to do as much web linking between my own sites and ebid (and each other) and social networking sites. I don't use the big two (facebook and myspace) but I strongly support squidoo and twitter, though I'm comparatively new on those. Within those a lot of us link to each other, as well as back to ebid. Same goes for flickr. We're all just doing what you've been promoting in the cross-promotion social group - just over a different base, being out on the web rather than within ebid. I'm not *entirely* convinced of the merits of cross-promotion within ebid, since I'm not clear on what impact this really has on search engine vis, but I'm embracing the idea on the "it can't hurt" basis.

External to ebid I've restructured my "bykimbo" site to make it into a largely ebid information site, and I'm constantly increasing the links back, via the store directory and elsewhere. I add content to that all the time, trying to add value to give more people more reasons for coming in. I bought the ebidwidgets domain and slapped some content up there with as much ebid-relevant content as possible and links back, to improve vis. I've scrapped my own ecommerce content at booksbykimbo and that now points back to ebid - though I haven't reviewed keywords and meta tags there yet, that's still on the list.

I think it's fair to say that I'm doing my bit. Since the investment is mostly time and effort, I hope that by hanging on for the long-term I'll get some pay-off. If not, it won't be for the want of trying.
Follow Us
New To eBid?
Register for Free