Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Coin/Banknote Collectors & Sellers On The Ebid Zone

1. lm5403
    lm5403
    Here's a link showing the approved reverses for the 2009 cent: http://www.usmint.gov/pressroom/inde...LincolnOneCent.
  2. burgyeb
    burgyeb
    Hi Im5403:
    Thanks for listing the pics on the VAM 1W MSD and the new Lincoln One Cent designs. I saw the new designs & like them very much. I went ahead & listed my 1921 Morgan VAM 1W; see what you think of it http://us.nine.ebid.net/perl/auction...7-0&mo=auction

Note: I was not able to figure out how to get my pic out of the album into here. The MSD does have nice die breaks & it is a BU coin.
  3. goldsovereign
    Hi all, Recently opened my new shop for coins. Based in Scotland, I specialize in gold sovereigns from 1817 onwards. An avid collector and buyer for a few years now. Hope to be able to contribute to future discussions.
  4. lm5403
    lm5403
    burgyeb, there's too much glare on the coin to be able to tell what condition it's in. To be honest, if I saw pics like that on feebay I'd think the seller was trying to make the coin look better than it was by overbrightening the picture.
  5. poppa501
    Welcome goldsovereign--I'm sure your expertise will be appreciated. Good luck with your store!
  6. goldsovereign
    Thanks poppa. Just got to find the time to sort through my collection and list some surplus coins for sale. It was been a good time to buy when recently gold dropped to about US$750/oz. Now an appropriate time to sell with the price rising up to US$900.
  7. goldsovereign
    Just checked out feebayUK worldwide listings for Coins/Banknotes which are as follows:

Coins (17,267)
    Coins (15,051)
    Bullion/ Bars (729)
    Tokens (59)
    Historical Medals/ Medallions (67)
    Banknotes (80)

So why aren't more sellers coming over to ebid? Is it due to lack of required BUY/SELL sub-categories in which to sell? Does anyone agree that the current sub-cats are in a bit of a mess and need a complete overhaul? I am speaking here about the UK site (for British items) but maybe sellers/shops in other countries have a similar problem. I have placed British coin sub-categories in my shop, if anybody wants to check them out,that I would like to see similarly added to Coins/Banknotes. Maybe if we all worked together we could achieve a change in sub-categories for the mutual benefit of sellers in all ebid countries. Your comments are welcome.
  8. burgyeb
    burgyeb
    Welcome goldsvereign, I'm looking forward to future discussions & learning more of your area of expertise. Hi Im5403, I'm not the greatest pic taker, however, I can see definite die breaks over the area of the E (2 O Clock) with breaks visible past the 12 O'Clock mark on coin (last break between B and U). The cover pic shows nothing, but the 2 pictures further down shows more detail.
  9. goldsovereign
    Thanks burgyed for your welcome. There are 5 more UK Stores currently active in the Coin/Banknote category. If you haven't already done so, would you invite them to join this group?
  10. burgyeb
    burgyeb
    Hi goldsovereign:
    I'll look for the 5 UK stores in eBidUK & plan to invite them also. Thanks for the heads up!
Follow Us
New To eBid?
Register for Free