Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Help!!! HOW CAN i SELL!!!

1. christygems
    christygems
    I joined e-bid back in 2009, and did not sell one item, and now I am trying again. So fair it has been just over one month and still no sale. I'm not sure if I am doing something wrong. I was on ebay before coming to ebid.
  2. christygems
    christygems
    Hi All,
    I am not sure what I can do any alonger. I have been on ebid now for over 1 month and have not sold a thing. I have appprox 65 items for sale. Someone if you know how to promote these items please let me know.

Thanks and have a wonderful day,

Chris
  3. nan55
    Chris you need a picture. People like something to look at.LOL
  4. emporiumdays
    I've got to agree with you on that Nan........

A picture gives an 'impression' that you're communicating with 'some-one' rather than an abstract place holder if you know what I mean.

Boy, it's (another) co-incidence that you mention this Nan, 'cos just yesterday I sent a Personal Message to one of the other members who happen to be on my Friends list. (In my profile page).
    He is the only friend (out of 3) that doesn't have a picture in his Avatar. And I know this sounds a little 'wierd' but, I would really like to see all of the friends on my Profile Page with 'Faces' and not 'outlines'.

So I actually PM'd him and asked him very kindly whether he would mind adding a photo.

I even went one step further and sent him a cropped down version of his own 'Profile Picture', which I made sure was the right size for uploading as his Avatar. (Saved him some work).

continued...
  5. emporiumdays
    And even if he decides against using it (he may have his reasons), I will still get back to him and ask whether he could just use even an 'abstract' picture. 'Cos I really think that any picture is better than no picture at all.

I honestly feel that the whole eBid site would benefit greatly if everyone took the time to upload an Avatar, a Profile Picture, and filled in some details on their 'About Me' page, and their 'All About' page. (I always confuse the two).

But yes, filling in that information and puting up (even abstract) pictures make you look more professional, gives the impression that you care, and adds an overall 'confidence' regarding the eBid site.

(I really hope that my 'friend' uploads a picture).
  6. crochetbaby
    hi im new to ebid after doing ebay for 6 yrs however i cannot seem to uploadphotos dont know why is it because im using a dongle till i get my internet server sorted out i get a block saying internet explorer cannot display page thanx in advance jacqui
  7. titch1313
    titch1313
    just hang in there i have come over from ebay and i have sold items on here it does take time,

i have been on here since the 1st may and i have sold

just upload the pics and give a good right up about the item you are saleing just like ebay.
  8. titch1313
    titch1313
    im not doing that well on here at the moment. no sales and i do not understand why.
    i sale more things on ebay than on here help i need to make sales.
  9. softhearted
    softhearted
    I'm so glad I'm not alone in not being able to sell, I've done my about me page. I'm not a business, just trying to sell things to earn few extra £s, even EBAY doesn't like me much at the moment. I've been a member since April
  10. handbag6
    handbag6
    I been on here for a couple of months also and I finally sold an item so I guess this is slower than ebay, but I didn't do that good there either and had to pay a lot
    of fees. I am here to stay and just wait.
Follow Us
New To eBid?
Register for Free