My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

internet sales tax for amazon in PA..starts saturday

1. JimmyCee
    Just read where Amazon will commence sale tax collection for the state of Pennsylvania this coming Sat 9/1/12
    Any comments?
  2. CopperLocker
    CopperLocker
    I think that within a year the internet tax might be inescapable. I think a lot of businesses will feel the bite on this one.
  3. JimmyCee
    I may be wrong, I believe after reading a report from U.S. congress this may only be required by companies with sales over $500,000.
    If that's true I'll just about make it...LOL
  4. CopperLocker
    CopperLocker
    I know that they're going to push for taxing of any internet sales soon. When Washington gets their greed going, they will push for the taxing. They realize that the 100 of millions of dollars that the states will be generating from internet tax, will give the Federal Government the needed reason to cut some of the federal funds to these states. People will just buy out of country more, to avoid the burden of the taxing. But this will hurt some in business. The small internet seller will be hit hardest if there isn't a limit of an amount of sales set that will decide if a 1099 is required. One way or another. Our Uncle Sam can't keep his hands out of our wallets!
Follow Us
New To eBid?
Register for Free