eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

your collections

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. suesjools
    suesjools
    Thanks for the welcome, yes, costume jools are great because they look pricey (some of them) but are definitely affordable, (even an ex librarian like me can afford to pick up a few here and again). Oh and they're the perfect accessory to finish off an outfit, and if kept clean and in good condition some do appreciate in value over the years.

I used to have a Jool Talk club on iOffer where I spouted off regularly on jools, (pricing, value, designers, cleaning, etc.). I thought about starting one here, but don't really need to now. Thanks Rucabela for starting this club.

Best wishes,
  2. rucabela
    Hey! You´re very welcome
    please tell all the others about it and come and let off steam anytime
    talk about your collections or tell funny collection related stories..........roy
  3. suesjools
    suesjools
    LOL! No funny stories, though I do have a great story about a trinket/snuff/opium box I bought on another site some years ago for $5 that turned out to be solid silver in the shape of a crab. Oh and it's of Japanese origin (Meiji Dynasty) and around 100 years old. If I ever get lucky enough to make it onto Antiques Roadshow, I think I'll bring it along and see what the experts have to say.

Cheers,
  4. suesjools
    suesjools
    Oh and happy belated b'day from a fellow Gemini.
  5. Oldandintheway
    Love the Antiques Road Show. We get the UK & US versions on TV here.
    If they come here, I'll take one of my reso's on, it's a 1928 National Tri-cone & a similar one went for 12K on the bay a couple of years ago. Below is a sample (not mine)

6. rucabela
    thanks for the belated bday
    a great story about the silver trinket. i wish i was so lucky

a fantastic guitar, must be worth a few $£€ lol
  7. suesjools
    suesjools
    Wow, awesome guitar! Bet it's worth a bit.

It was luck, the guy who sold the crab box said he was moving and didn't want to move it. He sold it as cast iron and that's what I thought, too, as it was jet black and weighed a ton for its small size. If the patina hadn't started chipping off in large chunks, I'd never have polished it and seen what was underneath. I usually don't polish vintage items, and I've never seen large chunks of patina fall off anything, but after 100 years I guess it was bound to happen.

Still wish they sold the Roadshow tickets instead of doing lotteries for them, I've entered a few times but don't have that kind of luck. I'd be happy to pay for tickets though, (or get bf to pay for them). Maybe then PBS wouldn't be begging for money all the time either. Sent this suggestion to PBS several times, but no reply, except the standard form letter, so I'm guessing they're not interested.

Cheers,
  8. rucabela
    still, the lucky things in life don´t happen so often
    well, not to me anyway, lol
  9. Oldandintheway
    Hi all, I've been a bit tardy lately & should have welcomed our latest group member EBid1947 a lot earlier - so welcome & thanks for joining us. Introduce yourself here & let us know what you collect etc. Cheers, Allen.
    G'day Roy - how goes everything with the fire situation, OK I hope?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Follow Us
New To eBid?
Register for Free