Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

View Policequilts's Feedback (+996)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

@Mandart
    Did you see that they our "Store Health" is taking a vacation? MORE updating.
    They are still doing more updating. Wonder if we should update our listings yet or see if more things are done.
    I noticed the Grading Rating on our listings have changed color now. Hmmmm More work.

All-About Policequilts
    Forum Posts

We have had a couple of hot and humid days.

* I have been working on a client's woods, changing it into a natural and domestic garden.
    * Yesterday, I finally finish pulling out kudzu vines, wild raspberry bushes and saplings, besides weeds.
    * It still needs a few more plants and more seeds, and then it was decided that the path will be mulched.

The original owner of this home saw the woods and what I had done. It had gotten away from him years ago when he had planted it.
    He couldn't believe what I have done. Couldn't figure out how to start a clean up on the woods.

I have a couple days off and need to tend to my gardens.
    Right now, the lilies, shasta daisies and yucca plants are blooming.

Name:  DSC01513 (640x480).jpg
Views: 70
Size:  318.3 KB

Name:  DSC01516 (640x480).jpg
Views: 70
Size:  332.4 KB

Milo, the farm neighbor's cat has taken up residency here.
    He looks like a "bat" cat. His canine teeth hang a little lower that other cats.

Name:  DSC01504 (640x480).jpg
Views: 77
Size:  204.1 KB

Name:  DSC01525 (629x640).jpg
Views: 69
Size:  389.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Policequilts View Post
    @Mandart
    Did you see that they our "Store Health" is taking a vacation? MORE updating.
    They are still doing more updating. Wonder if we should update our listings yet or see if more things are done.
    I noticed the Grading Rating on our listings have changed color now. Hmmmm More work.
    There seem to be a lot of alterations happening - I'm just sitting tight for mow to see what else they alter.

All-About Policequilts
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mandart View Post
    There seem to be a lot of alterations happening - I'm just sitting tight for mow to see what else they alter.
    @Mandart
    They are doing a lot of improvements.

They did another change that where you see the listings rating.
    Now below that, they tell you what improvements is needed, instead of clicking on the grade rating to see.
    You just have to click on the grade rating to see what items pass or fail in doing.

I also read that 300-500 word description is best for google, even though they have that 1,000 word description in the rating is better.

I went through the SEO menu and all my things are good for Google, even though the SEO section in the listing isn't filled in. ( Strange )

I also was postponing getting items updated until more of these changes are done.
    I did play a little with the part of the listing that you can have some of your other items shown at the bottom of your listings.
    My friend said that she likes showing that part and it should help a buyer see more of your items. ( It's not like Etsy and eBay that shows other seller's items - more like eBid where a buyer can see some of your other items )

All-About Policequilts
    Forum Posts

I saw that eBid did an update on the new USPS shipping charges.
    They are changing the First Class packages rates.

Since I use a fixed rate for the majority of my items and not calculated shipping, I thought I had a big change to do on my listings.
    Actually, was surprised that I lump the weight almost the same way the new postal shipping rates will change to.
    I just had to make changes to the books, which was a under 10 listings to change.

So, eBid listings are done as far as the new postal shipping costs.

Still hot and humid in the Wisconsin/USA.
    Hard to get outside work done. Have to get out early in the morning to get some things done.
    This work week was light. Only one job for tomorrow and then I did get a large gardening project done for a different client.

All-About Policequilts
    Forum Posts

I made it to the home page, under : Sold items. YEAH!

This morning is finally a bit cooler.
    Barely any rain in my area but at least 10 miles from me, they received a lot of rain.
    Very dry in my area. It's been over 2 weeks since I even mowed the lawn.

Getting ready for work.

"I made it to the Home Page, under: Sold Items. YEAH!"

That's quite an achievement, Sold items aren't shown for very long and I've never seen any of mine up there.

Recently there were a pair of posters on the obay boards doing the "Edid's a waste of space" -- "Nothing ever sells" thing. I replied, saying that their posts weren't accurate as the HP Sold strip moved along 24/7 and so many items sold that sometimes what's being shown is hours behind the real time.

My post was very quickly taken down and I was given a months ban for "encouraging sellers to list off obay" (I paraphrase). Needless to say the detractors posts were allowed to stand. I've said as much before and not been censored, perhaps their falling sales are getting them worried? Strangely, these days, the "nothing ever sells" comments are mostly from posters who aren't regulars, have only posted a handful of times and having put out the message once again, disappear, never to be heard from again. I think they're probably 'plants' from the obay Dirty Tricks Dept.

My sales this year on ebid = 15, on obay = 5 and in an effort to sell a few more items I've resorted to the tactics I adopted here (when sales were few and far between). So far even that hasn't made any difference.

I love the beautiful grey cat that photo-bombs the pictures of your garden work, which is amazing.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

All-About Policequilts
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post

That's quite an achievement, Sold items aren't shown for very long and I've never seen any of mine up there.

Recently there were a pair of posters on the obay boards doing the "Edid's a waste of space" -- "Nothing ever sells" thing. I replied, saying that their posts weren't accurate as the HP Sold strip moved along 24/7 and so many items sold that sometimes what's being shown is hours behind the real time.

My post was very quickly taken down and I was given a months ban for "encouraging sellers to list off obay" (I paraphrase). Needless to say the detractors posts were allowed to stand. I've said as much before and not been censored, perhaps their falling sales are getting them worried? Strangely, these days, the "nothing ever sells" comments are mostly from posters who aren't regulars, have only posted a handful of times and having put out the message once again, disappear, never to be heard from again. I think they're probably 'plants' from the obay Dirty Tricks Dept.

My sales this year on ebid = 15, on obay = 5 and in an effort to sell a few more items I've resorted to the tactics I adopted here (when sales were few and far between). So far even that hasn't made any difference.

I love the beautiful grey cat that photo-bombs the pictures of your garden work, which is amazing.

There has been 3 times that I have seen my "sold" items on the sold stripe on homepage. I guess it's just the timing.

I was given a warning on the eBay community because my avatar had eBid in it and I better change it.

The gray kitty is my farm neighbor's cat. He's been a problem because my cats cat go outside with there being fights.
    The farmer even took "Milo" down to the other farm 2 miles away and he came back to my house.
    The farmer was out mowing the lawns and I showed him that Milo was still with me. He can't believe how this cat has adopted me.
    Now, I have to figure out how to get him to behave with my cats.

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post

Hello Dave, trying to be constructive here....

Your comment about the 2 posters on Obey is not strictly true either. They are near the mark in their comments, SOME things here certainly sell.. SSSSLOWLY but have grown large cobwebs while waiting! If, as ebid say there are 2.86 million listings here, you would expect something to be selling practically every minute of the day - and night - by shear volume alone. Hence your Sold item bar. Then remember what our dear old mum's taught us the pennies make the pounds - so that's a considerable revenue for Ebid. It's a pity they can't spend a little of it trying to take it to the next level, which is what I gave up advocating some years ago as it fell on deaf and ageing ears!

Secondly - you can't really blame Obay not allowing you to advertise the benefits of a competitor on their site - Can You?
    As for plants, I don't think Obay need them, but I'm sure they certainly will take full advantage of the many critics that do exist as we both well know.

I read recently your post that you sell far more here than Obay and someone challenged saying 'If you had more there maybe it would be a different tale' - can't remember your response exactly but I know you disputed it would make any difference. Was it 5 listings on Obay and 300 here- I haven't checked..

Now the difference with me is... I have used both Obey and Ebid for many years, I do have issues with Obay, don't like some of the rules and the way they are applied, don't like their rip off charges and would far prefer to use Ebid! I had left Obay when they brought in managed payments and came back here what must be 4 years or so ago - to sell my Hard Rock Cafe pin collection etc. I made a big effort to get nearly 1500 items up for sale here and quite frankly it was a waste of my time!! I had 280 or so pins listed here and not 1 sold in 3 years, then 1 did sell and recently another - so 2 in total.
    I eat humble pie and went back to Obay - after initial technical issues, which in fairness despite them trying, they could not sort - including a phone call from USA - which happened on time as promised. Eventually I got a new account and all is well, I'm disposing of my pins and despite them being more expensive on Obay (to allow for their extortionate charges) - they sell there, but don't sell here.
    I went back nearly 2 years ago and have sold around 260 pins in that time. I should point out I have no where near the number of items on Obay as I have here. I've had no issues and only 1 cheap item go astray. Sales on Obay did dip for a while but they are OK and I keep moving bits. I do detect Obay are having a hard time - with more competition from numerous sites from facebook to Vinted, etc, etc. I also note that they will not promote items unless you pay for the priviledge - I don't pay!

The great pity in all of this is that this site has/had so much potential ..but at this moment in time they have blown it!

I still seethe every time I read the out of date comments from ebid Sellers ...many of which have either ceased selling here or died - no disrespect intended! I pointed this out maybe 3 years ago and I've seen others say the same since. Still it has not been changed!!
    I read of the changes that are being made here, I've noticed this week the sudden presence of Gazza and I HOPE that "Gazza" takes note of my comments which are reasoned and (as you should know) accurate and truthful observations!

Kirton In Lindsey, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View yellerbelly's Feedback (+97)
    All-About yellerbelly
    View yellerbelly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by goldenwonders View Post
    Hello Dave, trying to be constructive here....

I still seethe every time I read the out of date comments from ebid Sellers ...many of which have either ceased selling here or died - no disrespect intended! I pointed this out maybe 3 years ago and I've seen others say the same since. Still it has not been changed!!
    I read of the changes that are being made here, I've noticed this week the sudden presence of Gazza and I HOPE that "Gazza" takes note of my comments which are reasoned and (as you should know) accurate and truthful observations!
    Hi Goldenwonders yes I agree with you about the out of date comments on front page but do wonder if it will ever happen, it has been pointed out several times as well as exchanging the sellers feedback figure to a sales figure but I fear the requests fall on death ears.

Thread Information