Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

At least Mike is being looked after properly - never had much opinion of DNs - but their make-up was always so perfect, 'nuff said!!!
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

Quote Originally Posted by CarnoustieCats View Post
    At least Mike is being looked after properly - never had much opinion of DNs - but their make-up was always so perfect, 'nuff said!!!
    well to be honest when they have come out they are a waste of space so I agree with you, the last lot took the dressings off I had only done 30 mins before they came did a doppler and then went leaving me to re dress them again and wasted all the stuff i had paid for prescribed a tube of something that burnt his legs and ordered the wrong size compression socks and i had to go and order more online that cost me £50 with the inadine as well and it doesn't last long. I have a good mind to send them a big invoice for it all

Any necessary contact with them for family ended over 3 years ago, before Covid-time - but like you I found them hard to believe, and especially how they did not like getting their hands dirty to say the least....
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10051)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have had exactly the opposite experience with district nurses here. I have got nothing but praise for all the team which have visited me. Initially they were coming every day to dress my leg. They have provided everything which has been needed. They have liaised with the GP surgery who have also been very good, on occasions contacting me before I contacted them.

Lucky you Tony, wish I had had your experience...
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    I have had exactly the opposite experience with district nurses here. I have got nothing but praise for all the team which have visited me. Initially they were coming every day to dress my leg. They have provided everything which has been needed. They have liaised with the GP surgery who have also been very good, on occasions contacting me before I contacted them.
    Our experience of ongoing support from district nurses has been positive too.

From February 2014 until the end of the same year, they dropped by several times a week (daily early on) to change dressings Billy needed due to an amputation. They helped, supported and advised me throughout this time as I have no nursing experience and at that time knew nothing about dressings and would healing. They answered my endless questions. We had several different nurses help out and only positive things to say about them.

They laughed at Billy's awful jokes and were welcome visitors. Since I became housebound, we have had various nurses here for home visits for both of us and it was the same team who visit for our blood tests, any other health checks, vaccinations and so on.
    “When life gives you a Monday, dip it in glitter and sparkle all day” – Ella Woodword

Mike is now being violently ill If you get me and i have the washing machine going, not going to be a very peaceful night

Forum Lurker
    Leicester, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
    All-About peeps
    View peeps's Listings
    Forum Posts

It sounds as if everyone is needing dressings or something else to mop up bodily substances.

Aw little Buttons, it never stops does it .... big hugs sweetheart xxx
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

Quote Originally Posted by peeps View Post
    It sounds as if everyone is needing dressings or something else to mop up bodily substances.
    I knew nothing about wound healing until I was thrown in at the deep end. The hospital staff trained me up before Billy left hospital. It surprised me how many kinds of layers are needed to dress a wound. We tried all different kinds of infection reducing irrigation methods before we gave up and used Dettol lol
    “When life gives you a Monday, dip it in glitter and sparkle all day” – Ella Woodword

Thread Information