Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

You mention "mouth blown", not the sort of glass I collect, that's "pressed" or "moulded", but it reminded me about a wonderful TV series I watched on Netflix called "Blown Away". I certainly was to see how some glass is created and the work that goes into it. Well worth watching for anyone with the remotest interest in glass or art.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

View Policequilts's Feedback (+995)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post
    You mention "mouth blown", not the sort of glass I collect, that's "pressed" or "moulded", but it reminded me about a wonderful TV series I watched on Netflix called "Blown Away". I certainly was to see how some glass is created and the work that goes into it. Well worth watching for anyone with the remotest interest in glass or art.
    I remember watching some "educational" programming on glass blowing and it does make you want to give it a try.

I have a few mouth blown ornaments.
    Two of them I love, because I picked them out and something I collect.
    The third one is a family piece handed down that us kids received one. It's not what I like but it is over 70 years old.
    These pieces have to be packed separately and in their own boxes. ( AND NO CAT PAWS should ever touch them )

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Blown glass is really interesting! I was fascinated to see a Chihuley exhibit at the Denver Botanical Gardens a few years ago. Not sure if mouth blown also includes glass that is blown, and pulled and twisted....but his art, and his studio's art, is really beautiful. Large scale for the show, tho I think they also make smaller items.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31364)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have watched glass being blown in Murano, Venice. Fascination but couldn't afford to buy it
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    Blown glass is really interesting! I was fascinated to see a Chihuley exhibit at the Denver Botanical Gardens a few years ago. Not sure if mouth blown also includes glass that is blown, and pulled and twisted....but his art, and his studio's art, is really beautiful. Large scale for the show, tho I think they also make smaller items.
    I remember a Chihuley exhibition at Kew Gardens with the exhibits mixed in with the tropical plants. There was also an enormous chandelier. Amazing.

Spectacular glass from a real master of the medium. Incredible that he can make what is essentially rock look so much like plants.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Indeed! He has quite a staff to help, and the work is so colorful and unique. i loved some pieces standing on poles in a reflecting pool, and a favorite was balls of varied colored/deesigns like huge balloons floating on a lake with a rowboat among them.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Quote Originally Posted by billsstamps View Post
    I have watched glass being blown in Murano, Venice. Fascination but couldn't afford to buy it
    Same here, there was a little glassworks on the Isle of Wight I always used to visit, lovely stuff but well out my price range

View pastime's Feedback (+197)
    All-About pastime
    View pastime's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post
    Spectacular glass from a real master of the medium. Incredible that he can make what is essentially rock look so much like plants.
    Hi Elench,
    Have moved my reply to your PYA to here, not realising I shouldn't have opened a conversation there.
    Just to say, that all your comments were spot-on - especially the resellers on the bay, just sitting there waiting for the prices to drop - all encouraged by pushing sellers to offer a discount/accept an offer/send a coupon/offer so called 'free' postage (no such thing) etc.

Etsy now even worse. On the forum today, 'what has happened to etsy?' The responses were staggering - so many sellers unable to cope with the lack of sales, cost of listing and funds being put into reserve and are all winding their shops down and looking elsewhere - talk about killing the Golden Goose!
    These greedy ex-bay managers spread stupidity where ever they turn-up.
    Couple of good comments on Ecommerce Bytes re: Etsy and co.

I couldn't find a way to move my posts, so I've moved the whole thread here. I do know I shouldn't plug my ads. anywhere except the PYA board so have edited it to make it a bit less of an ad. Sorry if you now have to move your reply again, but this techie stuff confuses me.

Apologies for forgetting about the 'no replies' convention.

I'll have a look at the Ecommerce Bytes comments with interest.

Perhaps, with all the discontent on the corporate sites, ebiders should start commenting on there more often, especially now there are more members in the USA?

Thread Information