Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    Thank you Private Cheaver. Yes, hopefully that is where I will be heading as I can't afford to stay in Bath if this place is sold. The BIG problem though is there's not much property in my price range. It seems most of the affordable property has been snapped up in Devon and Cornwall by people who have moved out of the cities knowing they can now work from home after Covid. To say I'm a tad stressed at the moment is an understatement ! I will also need to find another job which at my age isn't easy.

A lot of worries and uncertainties for you. But are you sure of your price range so soon? Advice needed? Hugs, xx

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post
    A lot of worries and uncertainties for you. But are you sure of your price range so soon? Advice needed? Hugs, xx

Yes, I know roughly what our house would go for. He's arranged an estate agent to come in to value it when I'm back from Cornwall. He had arranged for one to come in when I was away so I told him where he could stick that appointment as I want to be present ! I've already had a meeting with a solicitor and which ever way I proceed it's going to cost an arm and leg.

Hi everyone.

Becky, I'm so sorry that you've been put through all this carp. Also, I hope that everyone afflicted will see improvements with health situations soon.

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    Yes, I know roughly what our house would go for. He's arranged an estate agent to come in to value it when I'm back from Cornwall. He had arranged for one to come in when I was away so I told him where he could stick that appointment as I want to be present ! I've already had a meeting with a solicitor and which ever way I proceed it's going to cost an arm and leg.
    Yes Sarge, solicitor's fees are astronomical, but sometimes their advice can be advantagious .... and sometimes not, as they do tend to drag out issues to their own advantage, ensuring a nice big fat cut of the proceedings when things eventually get settled.
    My daughter who lives in St. Columb says that the housing situation is apalling. The Cornish residents are being forced out of their homes by greedy landlords who only want to let their properties for ridiculously high prices. To actually buy a house outright is nigh on impossible.
    (Listen to the Jeremy Vine show on Radio 2 today).
    Do you have any friends/relations that could help you out for a little while?
    In the meantime, I hope that utterly cold blooded/hearted, forked tongue snake you are sharing your house with gets his comeuppance.
    With a spot of luck he may lose his hair, teeth, get genital warts and erectile dysfunction.
    Haa, that would maybe put a stop to his womanising.
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

With a spot of luck he may lose his hair, teeth, get genital warts and erectile dysfunction

.. and weeping boils on the back of the neck and on the bum .. and may they NEVER heal.

Keep strong - Don't give the deadbeat an inch Becky xx
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

Quote Originally Posted by CarnoustieCats View Post
    With a spot of luck he may lose his hair, teeth, get genital warts and erectile dysfunction

.. and weeping boils on the back of the neck and on the bum .. and may they NEVER heal.

Keep strong - Don't give the deadbeat an inch Becky xx

Oh well said pte Cats!
    PS: We sure have missed you here; sarge always blamed you for listings that went awol!
    Hope that you are keeping well xx
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Thank you Private Gold.
    Oh lol, Private Tropical and Private Cats, I haven't laughed like that in weeks !

We certainly have missed you Private Cats and I know the others have as they have had to take the brunt of Sergeant Major Cornish's tongue lashings in your absence !

I'm sure my brother would help me out but I couldn't stay with him long at all as his place is tiny. I just hope I don't have to rent for ages with all my stuff in storage as that will be more cash down the drain on top of solicitor's and court fees.

....on top of solicitor's and court fees.

He seems to be in a hurry ... but this is not about what he wants though is it?

Stay cool - agree to nothing OR to pay for nothing that is not what you want.
    Very stressful situation so you have to lighten up and stay sane.
    It is happening / it is fact .. but it is time for fun and games - comes down to ......

how much will he pay to get rid of you.. hmmmmmm lol......

Don't let him win. Hang in there - you are stronger than you think

xxx
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sgt we are so sorry to hear you have to move hope you can get back to Cornwall, seems strange that after all the money he spent he has decided he wants out, don't give him into him do it at your pace.
    Radio 2 did quiet a bit on Housing in Devon & Cornwall, problems as there are so many holiday lets, we hope you are lucky to find somewhere, glad you have consulted a Solicitor about it. Chin up, am sure you will find what you want as you say don't really want to start working again. good luck

Had a non payer from my last sale whose struck off an American.

Was wondering Police about the Gladiolas do I need to take bulbs up, also we have had to tie up the tomatoes which are going mad. Plenty of bees & butterflies around here at the moment

View Policequilts's Feedback (+995)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maplegin View Post
    Was wondering Police about the Gladiolas do I need to take bulbs up, also we have had to tie up the tomatoes which are going mad. Plenty of bees & butterflies around here at the moment
    I am in the upper north USA (Wisconsin) and it gets cold. The gladiola corm can't take the cold.
    We have to dig them up and winter them. I use a paper bag with peat moss lightly covering them.

I don't know what kind of weather you have all year long. Hope this will help.

@Cornish
    Good luck in finding the right place, for the right amount for your purpose.

The housing marketing is crazy here and I really thought about selling my home, but . . .
    looking at housing where I would like to go is now high when is was so inexpensive to get 15 acres.
    I even thought about buying some land with a fix me up home and put a Yurt on it. Inexpensive and a bit different way of living. I could have a double garage built and use that a bit (hopefully nobody will notice), until the work force and such settles down.

Good luck Cornish

Thread Information