Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

sorry to se that Sunny, why not stay as you are,

Well the rain started not much though just as took friends dog out , & I didn't mind getting wet hopefully will help the gardens,

suppose its a bit cooler but not much.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

WHAT THE HECK is THAT about, Moonie??? I don't know what level member you were (are), but if you had paid, I'd think the payment would follow you, regardless of what you call yourself!

And even if you were a free member till now........I see seller plus is £69.99. I don't understand what admin is talking about. Silly guys must not have had their coffee yet.

I remember you were the very first person who trusted me as a newbie and bought the first thing from me. You've been such a staunch supporter of a good and active ebid. Hopefully admin gets their act together and gets you back in business the way you need.
    Last edited by HerMajesty; 16th August 2022 at 10:01 AM.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    WHAT THE HECK is THAT about, Moonie??? I don't know what level member you were (are), but if you had paid, I'd think the payment would follow you, regardless of what you call yourself!

And even if you were a free member till now........I see seller plus is £69.99. I don't understand what admin is talking about. Silly guys must not have had their coffee yet.

I remember you were the very first person who trusted me as a newbie and bought the first thing from me. You've been such a staunch supporter of a good and active ebid. Hopefully admin gets their act together and gets you back in business the way you need.
    Moonwitch left the building. I closed my account instead of just deactivating it. I would have put my account on hold if that had been possible at the time, but it wasn't

Chocolateface60 was anew account so I am treated as a new member.

My account shows three options

1. Buyer
    2. Seller (that's my level)
    3. Seller plus, which I have to pay the full price to upgrade
    “When life gives you a Monday, dip it in glitter and sparkle all day” – Ella Woodword

Quote Originally Posted by maplegin View Post
    sorry to se that Sunny, why not stay as you are,

Well the rain started not much though just as took friends dog out , & I didn't mind getting wet hopefully will help the gardens,

suppose its a bit cooler but not much.
    I am a seller, according to my account and with no income other than carers' allowance, I don't have cash available for fees

As a seller I don't get the option of integrated Paypal at checkout so don't see why buyers would choose me over someone with that option.
    “When life gives you a Monday, dip it in glitter and sparkle all day” – Ella Woodword

View Policequilts's Feedback (+995)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

Been gone for some time.

Between all my clients and gardens, I just don't have the time to sit long periods at the computer.
    Now, it looks like I need to make some decisions with opening up 2 website and maybe abandoning this site.

Quote Originally Posted by FalonTowers View Post
    Moonwitch left the building. I closed my account instead of just deactivating it. I would have put my account on hold if that had been possible at the time, but it wasn't

Chocolateface60 was anew account so I am treated as a new member.

My account shows three options

1. Buyer
    2. Seller (that's my level)
    3. Seller plus, which I have to pay the full price to upgrade
    Hi Moonie.

When I started selling here as a Seller I didn't take in that the half-price upgrade to Seller+ was only available for 24 hours, so after a few months, thought I'd missed the boat and would have to pay full price.

Someone here pointed out that I could get around that by upgrading to the 30 day Seller+ subscription (currently £6.99). I was told that this re-activated the "Special Offer" at half price for another 24 hours from the time of upgrading for 30 days.

This from the Help Page (FAQs): "Seller+ Lifetime is currently available for £69.98 if upgrade takes place within 24 hours of registration OR any other upgrade.

So it appears that what I was told is still the same, but it might be worth checking with Support first

I'm still on my Seller subscription using Platinum Listings and never have got around to upgrading. Partly because I'm selling in a sparsely populated category but also in part because I'm still loathe to pay an up-front "Lifetime" fee to a site that after nearly a decade hasn't introduced any of the features that I (and others) think would improve sales and could do so without changing the site's fundamentals.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Thanks all for your advice about the upgrading.

I'll give it a miss for the time being as I have already paid for seller + in the past and don't want to pay twice.

I also have no idea what I would be selling on here as I can list other places for free and get sales.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

I agree, moonie.......but as they let people change the name they use as seller, regardless of what level they are, I can't see why they can't reinstate your paid level. YOU are the person who paid. LIFETIME. So, imho, you should have it. xx HM
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Private Moon, has Falon Towers contacted eBid Towers and spoken to the Generals ? I'm sure if you explained the situation they would be sympathetic as you have been in the barracks such a long time ! Besides it means more listings on the site which is all important of course !

And not just that Moonwitch was "in the barracks for such a long time", she was one of the regulars who acted as a volunteer advisor and problem solver. Over the years, I'd guess, saving Support far more than £70 by answering questions from newbies (like me) and helping to keep them (and their listings) on the site. Instead of the problems ending up on a Support desk.

I also remember those ecommerce site surveys where ebid scored highly for being friendly / helpful / easy to use etc. The volunteers helped it get that reputation and a little quid pro quo might be in order IMO.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Thread Information