Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

My first memory clinic appointment was this afternoon. It felt really strange that I needed someone to support me with this. I'm now in my early 60s and feel like I need a grown-up with me to hold my hand.

We met with a doctor who put me through a bunch of memory-related tasks and then sent us back to the waiting area so she could make an assessment of the information gathered and look at the scan that I had back in June this year.

I have been told that the results of the tests today are inconclusive. The scan result was that it showed minimal to moderate shrinkage compared to scans of healthy people of my age group.

I now won't be seen by the team for a year to check my progress and I have been referred to a neurology team for a bunch of further investigations to exclude other conditions.

I really feel like I have been left in limbo as I still have to manage my memory issues which impact my daily life and make it very difficult to live my best life.

It's really not good news for me as without a diagnosis, I have probably a 20-year wait on the housing list for supported housing. I doubt I will live that long as I also have heart failure and am in stage four with that

“When life gives you a Monday, dip it in glitter and sparkle all day” – Ella Woodword

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

So sorry they haven't been very helpful with the results they always seem to take a time to deal with things like that. hope you can get some answer
    soon, ,

Hope everyone isn't washed away

Quote Originally Posted by maplegin View Post
    So sorry they haven't been very helpful with the results they always seem to take a time to deal with things like that. hope you can get some answer
    soon, ,
    The way it was explained to me is that they can't come up with a definite diagnosis of Alzheimers until the brain shrinkage is more obvious on a scan.

They don't take into account that the reason other people don't appear to have seen changes in me is that I don't see anyone who sees me regularly whio would have reported their views back to me.

It's really frustrating as I have now had to give up working in online retail because of the issues I am having. I have lost most of the website building skills I used to have and need all sorts of disability related support on-line to help me write my book. Ironically, one of the manuscripts I am working on is an account of my continuing memory loss.
    Last edited by FalonTowers; 14th November 2023 at 12:48 PM.
    “When life gives you a Monday, dip it in glitter and sparkle all day” – Ella Woodword

Alzheimers is a bad disease, but it really needs the medical profession to do more to help especially in the early stages, sadly the NHS is starved of the money it needs to perform these tasks - I hope you receive the care you need soon.

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

As you say more help towards it is needed, am afraid by the time we got MIL into Drs as before she walked out on them, We were told to late to give any meds, & so far the last 7 years we have to watch her go down hill with out meds, so we know how sunny feels & to get any help is hard. Hope you can get some help

Quote Originally Posted by Mandart View Post
    Alzheimers is a bad disease, but it really needs the medical profession to do more to help especially in the early stages, sadly the NHS is starved of the money it needs to perform these tasks - I hope you receive the care you need soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by maplegin View Post
    As you say more help towards it is needed, am afraid by the time we got MIL into Drs as before she walked out on them, We were told to late to give any meds, & so far the last 7 years we have to watch her go down hill with out meds, so we know how sunny feels & to get any help is hard. Hope you can get some help
    It's a really slow process and some parts of the journey are complicated. I don't have any support at home for transport so have to organise it myself. The memory clinic has 2 volunteers to help out. I have just taken a call from the Neurologist's secretary, who has booked me in for December the first, only the journey for that appointment involves a round trip of 40 miles. I now need to wait for a letter and then see if I can get one of the memory clinic volunteers to take me there.

Attention troops ! Just popping in for a surprise inspection, Private Towers and Private Ntings will be exempt if they can't remember where their kit is ! So sorry to hear about your woes.

I just wanted you to know I haven't been lost in action and that my quarters have at long last sold after ten months on the market ! I am in the process of purchasing new quarters at the Cornish outpost. Quite a nice cottage, unfortunately no space to park the tank but otherwise all O.K. with a block shed (half needs repairing !) at the bottom of the garden for my stock so you won't be getting rid of me fast ! (what are all those groans I'm hearing ?!!!)
    I should be making the move sometime around the 1st February so if I go AWOL at this time I will be back, hasta la vista baby !

Wot ho Sarge! I might be doing the house move myself in a year or two. I just need to find a way of finding some people who can help me move within Eastbourne now the council has booted me off the social housing list

Eastbourne housing department are by far the worst lamdlord I have had to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by FalonTowers View Post
    Wot ho Sarge! I might be doing the house move myself in a year or two. I just need to find a way of finding some people who can help me move within Eastbourne now the council has booted me off the social housing list

Eastbourne housing department are by far the worst lamdlord I have had to deal with.

Send a few bullets in their direction Private Towers that should make 'em sit up and take notice !

Lol@sarge

I am moving to a private landlord. One of the biggest landlord in the UK who sell and rent out housing for retired folk.

I have done lots of preparing, which has mostly been watching the reruns of 'Waiting For God' lol

Thread Information