Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tropical_Trish View Post

Moonie, you sure are having a rough ride trying to get what you surely must be entitled to.
    I do hope that you will get the help that you need soon x

It's one thing after another.

My personal assistant is supporting me when I see the Dementia Neurolgist on December 1st. It's a round trip of around 40 miles but the Doctor is the closest one I can see.

I have been getting tons of help from The Alzheimer's Society who send me out lots of free publications when I ask for them. Once I get back from this next appointment I'll see if the local group has anything going on in Eastbourne.
    “When life gives you a Monday, dip it in glitter and sparkle all day” – Ella Woodword

Quote Originally Posted by somersethedge View Post
    Nice to see you back sarge

Thank you, well I wouldn't want you to think I was pushing up the daisies on the battlefield Corporal Somerset !
    Besides the short sharp shock of seeing me might jolt you into faster listing !

Yes, it's good to see you again, Welcome back.

While you were away I started a thread to share tips or insights into Google Shopping with the intention of helping members get more visibility for their ads. and getting Ebid more attention on the "Sites Sidebar".

I couldn't help but notice that in various types of pottery search I was regularly finding your ads.. Either from Becky's Hoard - Pottery or Brocante. Intermittently you appear on the Sidebars as "Ebid - Becky's Hoard" and when Ebid - theElench appeared on my Art Deco Glass search sidebar, ticking the box not only showed more of my listings but included a sort of "other ebid sellers" section at the end with A.D. Glass ads. from other EBid sellers, regularly including some of yours.

Do you have any tips? Do you do anything that you would share to keep your items visible on GS or better yet any ideas on how to get (and keep) "Ebid - Becky's Hoard" visible on the sidebars that you would add to the thread?
    Last edited by theElench; 22nd November 2023 at 08:24 AM.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sgt he is listening like a good one he says he listed 25, but am hoping we will manage to go to do a bit of Christmas shopping,

Hope some shopping can be done on here.

Its strange no rain or wind today.

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post
    Yes, it's good to see you again, Welcome back.

While you were away I started a thread to share tips or insights into Google Shopping with the intention of helping members get more visibility for their ads. and getting Ebid more attention on the "Sites Sidebar".

I couldn't help but notice that in various types of pottery search I was regularly finding your ads.. Either from Becky's Hoard - Pottery or Brocante. Intermittently you appear on the Sidebars as "Ebid - Becky's Hoard" and when Ebid - theElench appeared on my Art Deco Glass search sidebar, ticking the box not only showed more of my listings but included a sort of "other ebid sellers" section at the end with A.D. Glass ads. from other EBid sellers, regularly including some of yours.

Do you have any tips? Do you do anything that you would share to keep your items visible on GS or better yet any ideas on how to get (and keep) "Ebid - Becky's Hoard" visible on the sidebars that you would add to the thread?
    Thank you Private Elench. Oh my goodness you mean those pesky buyers can actually see me ?! There was me thinking my camouflage was top notch !

Seriously Private Elench the mysteries Of Google Shopping are beyond me ! Interesting to hear that sometimes we are appearing in the side bar now, that always bugged me that the bay and craft site used to dominate that !
    I don't do anything in particular but I have a Google merchant account because of my own little website and there are affiliated links on there to my Becky's Hoard shops so maybe that helps ?
    The sales have gone down this year because of the cost of living crisis and also I haven't been able to list so much because of the impending move but I still get regular hits on eBid. Just recently a spate from the USA (glares in the direction of Private Police, can't you keep 'em under control over the pond ?!) so always worth offering your items overseas despite the horrific postage rates !
    I am looking forward to being able to search for new stock when I reach the Cornish outpost and get listing again as new items listed always attract attention.

Knowing that you have opened a Merchant Account, with details of any requirements to do so, might help someone if it proves to be a way of increasing visibility, if you add it to the thread. As you can tell, I haven't but "Ebid - theElench" has been visible to anyone searching GS for "Art Deco Glass" for just over a year now. I'm not sure if that's just because I view a couple of my items each week, or because the majority of ads. on ebid are mine.

As GS is one of the biggest assets sellers on ebid have to gain visibility and sales it surprises me that apparently hardly anyone pays any attention to it. My sales have definitely improved since I started considering how to use it actively, rather than just hoping for the best. What I do are simple things and cost nothing, but I've gone from a few erratic sales a year to having regular sales, increasing by a few every year, selling nearly twice as many items here as on obay. In terms of numbers my sales are very small, but they grow every year and GS is, I think, the main reason they do. So any insight is valuable.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

So good to see Sgt that you are still manageing to sell some bits less to pack for the move, you are right sales have gone down, also the rise of postage has effected sales.

I don't know if its happening anywhere else but in this area, the firm that has taken over from Hermes are not as efficient & seems to be left at other peoples address just tucked out of site so no one knows. or is it just happenig in Somerset.

Quote Originally Posted by maplegin View Post

I don't know if its happening anywhere else but in this area, the firm that has taken over from Hermes are not as efficient & seems to be left at other peoples address just tucked out of site so no one knows. or is it just happenig in Somerset.
    Hermes was rebranded in 2020 and my delivery guy is the same one with EVRI that I had with HERMES. We chatted about it at the time of the new investment and he said it was just the name that had changed
    “When life gives you a Monday, dip it in glitter and sparkle all day” – Ella Woodword

All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks Sunny, its good to hear yours is okay, one of the guys who does it this way will ring the bell but the other, just puts it anywhere found it stuffed between flower pots, for years we had a female, who was lovely & we always got them safely but since she left its not good.

well its actually fine again lets hope stays like that.

Quote Originally Posted by maplegin View Post
    Thanks Sunny, its good to hear yours is okay, one of the guys who does it this way will ring the bell but the other, just puts it anywhere found it stuffed between flower pots, for years we had a female, who was lovely & we always got them safely but since she left its not good.

well its actually fine again lets hope stays like that.
    I really think it depends on who is making the deliveries. I stopped using Hermes to send gifts down to my grandchildren as the parcels arrived back at mine. This was in a particular area of Gosport. My daughter also lives in Gosport and her deliveroies got there as she lived in a different part of the town. My daughter lives in the same area of Gosport as my son does and he got his deliveries.

Thread Information