Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Hi there Ejean, as meebo says - it's great to hear from you.

Annie, glad to hear that OH is much better, and reducing the meds ... hope he was OK at work today.
    Meebs, sure hope that all your tests bring you good news. It's reassuring that you are getting good medical care.

Sarge, my heart goes out to you.
    I hope that the assessment will bring you some comfort, one way or another.
    Anyone that has been through caring for an elderly relation with Alzheimer's/Dementia completely understands what you are going through right now.
    My dad, sisters and myself tried to care for my mum, but she turned to violence towards everyone, she was really scary.
    She also started to crave being outdoors, no matter what time of day or night - as she lost all concept of time.
    She had to be locked in the house (she did smash windows) as she went missing for hours.
    We didn't have a choice really about looking after mum, as she attacked the doctor, nurse and health visitor that were looking after my dad at that time - (dad was so heartbroken about the state of his beloved wife, he refused to eat, totally gave up the will to live)
    He eventually died, no apparent medical reason(we all say a broken heart) - before the inevitable happened.

Mum was sectioned and put into a horrible Victorian type place, I can still hear the cries when I phoned to ask about mum, it gave me nightmares.
    It took us all a long time to get mum into a really nice nursing home where she settled in, some places were diabolical - so hard research work may be on the cards for you maid. I'm sad that all this burden rests on your shoulders, at least, as the eldest, I had my siblings to share the responsibilities of mums care.
    Everyone knows that you adore your dad Becky, but you will have to look after yourself too.
    You also need a life, and a break from caring.
    Caring for a sick relative is hard work and especially so if you are caring for a close relative like a parent with dementia, especially if the behaviour eventually becomes aggressive.
    Sorry I've gone on a bit, but just wanted you to know that we are all here, rooting for you xxx
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Glasgow, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View ejean9's Feedback (+946)
    All-About ejean9
    View ejean9's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Trish x hope you are well xx

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hope everyone is coping!.
    Sgt hope they can give some answers with OS, its so sad when this starts to happen.

We were in Bath today Sgt but wouldn't have been able to meet you one of these days we will catch up we went to the mineral hospital, the physio asked a lot questions & have to go again, to see someone else, one ? from him was that perhaps the painkillers were not advisable, so thats a bit cofusing. most of the time he was talking a lot sense about the fibro,

Hope everyones conditions will start improving with the supposed Spring is here.

Quote Originally Posted by ejean9 View Post
    Hi Trish x hope you are well xx
    Yep, I'm OK hun, had a few probs but now't I can't handle.
    Really lovely to have you back again xxx
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

OMG, Nanny, erm, I mean, Private ejean ! How wonderful to see you, I looked you up the other day when Fossy suddenly came out of the woodwork but you were nowhere to be seen so your camouflage must have been good !

Well what a day it has been. I got the doctor out this lunchtime as the Old Soldier was just getting weaker and weaker. She thought it was a good idea to get him to hospital as she didn't know what was wrong still.

So I had to wait nearly three hours for a non emergency ambulance and we got to accident and emergency just before six. There were people on trolleys lined up down the corridor when we arrived but my paramedics were brilliant and managed to sneak him into a cubicle as soon as one became empty.

They have given him the once over and have said they will admit him when a bed becomes free so goodness knows when that will be. They are sending him for an x-ray as one of his lungs doesn't sound quite right and they are also wondering if there is something wrong with his thyroid as he is so cold. Mind you I would be cold in a thin hospital gown with a thin blanket ! So I've left him on the trolley with his coat over him and only just got home.

To top it all I've had a returning buyer from Norway take a pot shot while I was gone - who was on guard duty ?!

Exhausted now so going to get something to eat. Then I might have some energy to steal some YDC ticks !

Glasgow, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View ejean9's Feedback (+946)
    All-About ejean9
    View ejean9's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks Trish glad your surviving x Becky , so sorry to hear the old soldier is struggling I hope he picks up soon , meantime try and get some rest xxx

Are you going back Sarge or are they trying to admit him this evening.
    I wasn't on duty today Sarge sorry but cats is missing so it must be her.

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    Are you going back Sarge or are they trying to admit him this evening.
    I wasn't on duty today Sarge sorry but cats is missing so it must be her.
    No I'm not going back this evening Private Buttons as there is nothing I can do. I just phoned and the poor old chap is still stuck in accident & emergency as they have't found him a bed yet. I just hope they have given him a cup of tea or something as he hadn't had anything since we left home around 5.00pm when I left.

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good morning! Well, I hope it'll be a good one for all concerned. I followed the calls of my bed at 8.30 and didn't even hear our visitors return home (I hope they are at home) Birds are quite noisy outside so a nice day later? Off to the canteen shortly but first a bit of ticknickking. I haven't even had a little look at the YDC yet. So watch out!

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Name:  #GOODMORNING.gif
Views: 36
Size:  43.5 KB Lovely and sunny out there.

Off out for lunch later with the Old Sailor, so hope it stays that way.

Have all a good day.

Thread Information