Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Gladiolus Byzantinus??

They are just begining to bloom in gardens where I live and are, I believe, a native species of gladiola. If not a native, then they have naturalised well and are now fully hardy in the SE.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

View Policequilts's Feedback (+995)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

@chocolateface60
    They look like a wild gladiolus.

Name:  gladiolus cytisus.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  31.2 KB Name:  gladiolus byzantium.jpg
Size:  244.2 KB

All-About Policequilts
    Forum Posts

Was starting to list new items and I realized that I didn't edit the new pictures.
    Listing is on hold for a bit.

Yesterday was "iffy". Didn't know if it wanted to rain, be cold, and be damp.
    I had a late start and went to finished the client's gardening. Just over 4 hours I spent there. That job is at 20 hours.

It only did a sprinkle and I was able to mow my lawn, BUT . . .
    The last cut of the lawn and I ran out of gas (Yes, both me and the lawn mower)

This morning, I have to rake the grass and use if for a weed barrier in the curve garden.
    I still need to mow the neighbor's farm grass.
    Then to start on my gardens. I did transplant a bunch of baby lupines that seeded themselves in a 10 diameter. There's at least 25 plants that were moved.
    Threw a lot of cosmos seeds in the various gardens. I have an ice cream bucket full of seeds from last year. I have a lot of cosmos seeds to share in some of the other gardens I see.

I found 2 different types of trilliums at 2 sites and I think a couple of them may jump in my truck to visit my gardens.

Oh. I had a visitor.
    Name:  DSC08590.jpg
Size:  66.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Policequilts View Post
    @chocolateface60
    They look like a wild gladiolus.

Name:  gladiolus cytisus.jpg
Size:  31.2 KB Name:  gladiolus byzantium.jpg
Size:  244.2 KB
    That's what they look like in my garden in the sunlight.

Thanks for the pics. Mine appeared one spring and now turn up again every year.
    “When life gives you a Monday, dip it in glitter and sparkle all day” – Ella Woodword

All-About Policequilts
    Forum Posts

Very busy with work.
    I think I have one client's done. Will find out this morning. There is 20 hours of weeding done.

Today and tomorrow, storms are coming in. We do need the rain.

Moved a batch of baby lupines to other gardens.
    I was reading how to get rid of Star of Bethlehem. Found out that they are an invasive weed. They were only under a plum tree and now they have moved into all the different gardens. The only real way is to dig up the bulbs, but many of the bulbs are itty bitty things. There was one suggestions of using boiling water. I guess I have to start digging them up and throw them in the burn pile. All I need is another garden project that will last for a few years.

Editing some new pictures so I can get the items listed.
    I did score 4 bags of tagged clothing. Very nice clothing.

This weekend is a holiday here. Our town has town-wide rummage sales.
    Not doing any rummaging, especially with gas prices.
    I do have to cat and bird sit for a client.

Getting ready to go to work and the rain looks like it will definitely be here this morning.

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Police you have been busy am afraid I have to do the garden little an often trying keeping weeds out of the flower beds is enough, yes the rain has made everything grow like mad. certainly done

Next weekend is the jubilee weekend so the bank Holiday starts on the Thursday for 4 days, hope the weather will be good as there is so much going on, including the medival pagent that happens normaly once a year but have had 2 years with out, & this will be the last one after 25years, so hope will be nice, though have had some Junes when they have had to tow the cars out, the village here has done very well & there are Union Jackets everywhere didn't realise we had so many flag poles in the village.

Hope everyone is okay

All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hope every one is okay, its very quiet around here, or is everybody getting to celebrate the holiday

All-About Policequilts
    Forum Posts

Yes, have been busy trying to fit people into my schedule for work and gardening.
    I have one that tries to demand my time at specific times. Well, that didn't work.
    I gave her an ultimatum and she backed down. She found out from some of the neighbors how I work them into my schedule with no "specific time" spot and she didn't like it that I would charge her 3 times my normal rate to have that "specific time" spot.

My nephew brought another load from my late sister's home and we went to do some traveling. Kept his mom off his mind for a short time.

Painting the metal garden furniture. Tedious little wire work. There's no way of using spray paint with all the windy days.. Besides, the table and chair set looks like it has a few years left in it, that a heavy coat of paint may keep it together. LOL

Heavy weeding under the pine trees and found lots of baby pine trees.

Putting off weeding the gardens since the maple trees are seeding their helicopter seeds down and littering the yard and gardens. (see picture) I would love one really windy day to take the rest of these seeds down so that I can do a one time clean up of the gardens.

Name:  DSC08700.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  77.6 KB

Hopefully, my time schedule will become normally in another week and gardening for clients will become less time consuming.

I am not sure when I will be working on my shop or website.

All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sorry Police you have demanding customers, you can do without that. am afraid some people are just like that am afraid.

With the gardener who does MIL garden we say when he can, which is cut back as he is having cancer treatment, he has a couple who think when they call he should come straight away. One of those he has said no more. .

Hope that you get winds you are wishing for but not enough to do damage. some how the blossom didn't seem to last this year.

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just popped to say hello,
    there seems to be a lot of the regular army absent, I hope that they are OK!

Pos
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Thread Information