Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

I dont believe this sarge, I bought a doll last night from a seller in spain for £35 and paid rbs / nat west international payment and i have had three panic texts with numbers to ring, well i would not ring the numbers they sent as i dont respond to text or call from the bank on numbers the tell you to ring in the text, so i rang my branch and got through to the payments team, the want me to get the DOB, job description and where he works, his full address, what seller it going to give all this info to a buyer this was after me having 5 attempts to get through to someone with a face and mouth, I have now politely told them that it is mostly their fault people get ripped off as you cant either get through or get cut off or get an idiot on the phone, they are now another step nearer to loosing my account. It's a good job for them that my little tank has not landed back yet.

Quote Originally Posted by love_to_stitch View Post
    S'not likely!
    ​Had to larff, didn't I? Brilliant one!

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just checking my new avatar

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Moonie...........what's with that? I don't like that avatar! Tell me you are joking....
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Kirton In Lindsey, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View yellerbelly's Feedback (+97)
    All-About yellerbelly
    View yellerbelly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    I dont believe this sarge, I bought a doll last night from a seller in spain for £35 and paid rbs / nat west international payment and i have had three panic texts with numbers to ring, well i would not ring the numbers they sent as i dont respond to text or call from the bank on numbers the tell you to ring in the text, so i rang my branch and got through to the payments team, the want me to get the DOB, job description and where he works, his full address, what seller it going to give all this info to a buyer this was after me having 5 attempts to get through to someone with a face and mouth, I have now politely told them that it is mostly their fault people get ripped off as you cant either get through or get cut off or get an idiot on the phone, they are now another step nearer to loosing my account. It's a good job for them that my little tank has not landed back yet.
    Wow Buttons you actually got through to your local branch, the only way I can get in touch with my local branch is drive the 20 miles and walk in through the doors otherwise it is an Indian call centre who gabble so fast I cannot understand a word they say so never phone now. As far as people being ripped of it is us the ordinary customer like you and I who are careful and don't fall for the scams that pay the price. I read that some of the people that have been scammed are sometimes refunded by the banks, even those that fall for the lines of the on-line dating scammers that have been reported on the tv recently. How can they fall for it, if any man were to ask me for a tenner it would be a quick reply 'on yer bike' I never felt the need to participate in this on-line activity happy to argue with myself and give myself a sensible answers.

Forum Saint
    All-About moonwitch
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    Moonie...........what's with that? I don't like that avatar! Tell me you are joking....
    Nothing lasts forever.

I'm currently clearing up my listings and moving them to sites with multiple integrated payment systems as my Paypal account is up the creek.

Life is a lot busier than usual and I am not happy spending several hours a day on my eBid listings when I have no simple way for people to buy from me.

Kirton In Lindsey, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View yellerbelly's Feedback (+97)
    All-About yellerbelly
    View yellerbelly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sorry your giving up selling here but I can understand why, I have not listed anything for weeks because it is disheartening spending time listing items when no sales are forthcoming and the time can be spent doing something else more productive but as this is my only selling platform and I have paid my seller+ I will stick around for now.

I understand why you're pulling out too Moonwitch, I'm only here because it's easy to list and relist, doesn't take up much of my time, keep hoping sales might break through and it's good to use the '10 years selling on eBid' as a promo to show I've not just arrived to scam people off as they see my promos for both here and my own websites, but sadly my whole month's sales on here this month has been one bar of soap....

Forum Saint
    All-About moonwitch
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mandart View Post
    I understand why you're pulling out too Moonwitch, I'm only here because it's easy to list and relist, doesn't take up much of my time, keep hoping sales might break through and it's good to use the '10 years selling on eBid' as a promo to show I've not just arrived to scam people off as they see my promos for both here and my own websites, but sadly my whole month's sales on here this month has been one bar of soap....
    It was the Paypal silliness that was the final push for me to make other plans.

My website is in it's baby stages and I have no idea what I am doing with it yet.

I'm busy at home, chilling, and have gone back into retirement. I retired a while ago then came out of retirement in 2016

Thread Information