Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Quote from article on Falmouth Fire.

"We have got several thousand cardboard boxes on fire within the vessel."

Could we have found the Sarge's secret stash of booze ?

Quote Originally Posted by booksntings View Post

Why do you think I'm working so hard on the rescue attempt Private Ntings ?The Polish sea cadets adrift are being tended to .... http://www.kentucky.com/2010/10/29/1...tall-ship.html ..... so I'm concentrating on the cardboard boxes !

85 items ready for the ninja, just had to print of the category numbers for the relevant vinyl sections. I need to get to 1000 before December

Quote Originally Posted by booksntings View Post

Maybe, now that the Hobbit film is staying in New Zealand, the Sarge was hoping for a remake of "Whisky Galore" ? Shame that the special effects team appear to have overdone it!

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Wasn't the original set in Scotland? Still, remakes always change something drastically

View foxescome's Feedback (+2076)
    All-About foxescome
    View foxescome's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    Ahem ! Are you trying to tell me I'm a tad noisy Private Meebo ?! Never fear I shall be back with gusto for the next one. That bottle had better be in tact when I get back otherwise there will be some long hard stares in the direction of Private Vonz, Flight Lieutenant Doors and Private Fox !

Now I had better get about my duties down here I have a few pubs to recruit in and the matter of a little fire to put out in Falmouth harbour - all in a days work !
    http://www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/news...l/article.html

New recruits :- 481

Member numbers :- 789,860
    Sarg! That's not fair! I had been & gone by the time they had their party, I left the plce spick & span as I found it, no sweet papers no nothing!

When I finished my speshall mission do I get to be called Flight Leutenant? I rather like the sound of that, or maybe Wing Commander, something like that.
    Who sews on the stripes for me? guess that'll be meebs :-)

I'm going for a wonder around now see if there's anything interesting I can take with me on my journey into the unknown
    Irene

For Everything a Girl Could Want
    Skincare, Perfumes, Purses & Handbags.

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Reeniay-Girls

I

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good morning all. I have just managed to send my first text message ever!!!
    We'll be out all day and this was to remind son to look in on his granny or she'll be starving by the time we come back.
    Now it's off to the canteen to prepare the breakfast. Got croissants to go with the coffee and tea today
    See you all later

View cmjewels925's Feedback (+7924)
    All-About cmjewels925
    View cmjewels925's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by meebo1 View Post
    Wasn't the original set in Scotland? Still, remakes always change something drastically
    The incident that the book was based on happened on the Hebridean island of Eriskay when the islanders plundered the wreck of the S.S. Politician for its cargo of whisky. They changed the name of the island in the film (can't remember to what).

Quote Originally Posted by foxescome View Post
    Sarg! That's not fair! I had been & gone by the time they had their party, I left the plce spick & span as I found it, no sweet papers no nothing!
    I'm sure that's only because you didn't take the wrappers off the sweets before eating.

When I finished my speshall mission do I get to be called Flight Leutenant? I rather like the sound of that, or maybe Wing Commander, something like that.
    That's highly unlikely. Not even Flooey Doors actually gets called Flight Lieutenant.

Who sews on the stripes for me? guess that'll be meebs :-)
    No, you HOPE it would be Kpte. Meebo. In practice, my poor aide-de-camp is so overworked that we have to outsource the sewing on of stripes. It's usually done by Kimbo - she's remarkably handy with a staple gun but does insist that the uniform is being worn before starting to secure the stripes.

CMEJewellery For all your jewellery needs.

Beads 'n' Bobs For beads.

Charms 'n' Findings For charms and jewellery making supplies.

Don't make suggestions... don't volunteer....I am a lowly Private.... and very happy to slide under the Radar... unlike some who slide under the Mess table!! Naming no names but if the cap fits....
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

I think a remake of 'Whiskey Galore' using the Isles of Scilly and starring Sergeant Major Cornish might have quite an impact Captain Jewels ma'am !

Now I'm pleased to hear that Private Meebo has mastered modern technology at last ,which is more than I have done !

So pleased that Granny Meebo won't starve while you are away from your sewing machine.

Right I had better get packing the old kit bag and Private Cats had better be awake by the time I get back to barracks !

New recruits :- 421

Member numbers :- 790, 281

Thread Information