Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Well that makes two of us then, have we got to change our pictures, apart from the logo ones I mean.

The really really old ones with eBid still on them do not get uplifted but that doesn't matter.
    I use Gallery and find or search or something and then upload etc so hope that still works.
    ..my camera is knacked but am too mean to replace it yet
    and unsure of what to replace it with so not doing nought at the moment
    life is hard enough without any more stress - my brain has froze I think lol
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't understand the changes either. But I am sure we will soon find out what it all means.

Well don't tell the Sarge - but since the last change when pictures were increased in size or whatever and mine may or may not be uploaded somewhere I decided not to bother trying to work it out and I am not on any social media or blogs and anyway the large majority of the items I have are 99p or £1.49 so .... I did what I do best - absolutely nothing ..my fees this month were over £3.00 (so must be doing someting right)
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

HATTENTSHIONNNN ! Right troops I'm back ... glares at the post Private Cats just left. Obviously she let one of those newbies slip into my shop while I was away too as I seem to have a listing missing !

I've had a wonderful time thank you. Went to Falmouth on Friday afternoon and picked up some nice new stock. Had a meal with brother and girlfriend at his house on Friday.
    Saturday went down to the Penrose estate where O/H grew up as the National Trust have opened a cafe in what used to be his dad's garage where we used to park our car !

Name:  010.JPG
Views: 31
Size:  243.3 KB

Then we all went to Helston museum, I haven't been there since I was a child, and it was fabulous. They have really expanded it and there is a whole new floor. Blow me down if I didn't spot one of the Old Soldier's early oil paintings tucked away at the top of a staircase which he had painted in the late 1950's. An abstract of the St John's area of Helston. A shame it has been slightly damaged. How it ended up in the museum we don't know !!! He is also on one of the old grammar school photos they have on display.

Name:  015.JPG
Size:  173.4 KB

I then left O/H watching the Bath rugby and went round the town and I think I talked to more people that afternoon than I have done for the last six months in Bath ! I so want to move back down there. Sniff, sob ! I even met someone who has a friend who lives in the house where I grew up so I'm hoping I might be able to go and visit next time I'm down and see the old place.

Next followed a sing song in the Blue Anchor with the Penzance Morris dancers who just happened to pop in for a pint and I also met someone who was in my form at school that I haven't seen since I was sixteen !

After that we went for a meal and then my brother was playing drums with a band to raise money to restore the old Green School / community centre which had been boarded up for several years and left to rot and fall down.

Name:  018.JPG
Size:  239.3 KB

Now this was the building where I had my wedding reception in 1982 and I had a snoop round and managed to find the room which is now being used as an artist's studio ! The whole building is crumbling but they are restoring it bit by bit.

Name:  020.JPG
Size:  214.7 KB

Sunday we went to Porthleven and I hope you will be pleased to see the fishing boats in the harbour that all you good ebidders helped on one YDC !

Name:  025.JPG
Size:  228.2 KB

Last edited by cornishmaid1961; 1st June 2015 at 12:06 PM.

View RameRetro's Feedback (+33)
    All-About RameRetro
    View RameRetro's Listings
    Forum Posts

Come back to Cornwall, Becky, it's lovely!
    I did things the other way round. I'm from Bristol originally, but have lived here in south east Cornwall for some years now. I wouldn't go back to Bristol for all the tea in China.

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Wellcome back Sgt glad you had a good time, you will be pleasaed to hear I havelisted 17 & somer listed 16 swo not to bad for the 1st of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by RameRetro View Post
    Come back to Cornwall, Becky, it's lovely!
    I did things the other way round. I'm from Bristol originally, but have lived here in south east Cornwall for some years now. I wouldn't go back to Bristol for all the tea in China.

Oh I do so wish I could Private Rame ! Bath is a beautiful city but even after all these years Cornwall is still 'home' ! Unfortunately it would mean the demise of the Old Soldier, alternative quarters for the eldest cadet and a divorce before I can go back ... still I can keep dreaming !

Quote Originally Posted by maplegin View Post
    Wellcome back Sgt glad you had a good time, you will be pleasaed to hear I havelisted 17 & somer listed 16 swo not to bad for the 1st of the month.
    Thank you Lieutenant Maplegin. Pleased to hear someone has been working hard !

Thank you Lieutenant Maplegin. Pleased to hear someone has been working hard !

Sarge's Pets
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    Pleased to hear someone has been working hard !
    And I've been scanning 100s of postcards .................................now to sort them all out

Thread Information