Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Ello troops, it's so nice to see the Cadet. He got in late last night after being out with his friends so I stayed up talking with him until 3.15am ! Methinks I shall be having a restful day today !

I've got the same problem as you with all the family records and photos Private Mcc2. I managed to get rid of a load of duplicate photos to a cousin when the Old Soldier died but I still have two big plastic crates full of stuff and loads of copies of the family tree books that he did ! The cadets say they will make everything digital when I die which will be good but I hate to think of all those lovely old photos being got rid of ! I hope the youngest cadet will have changed his mind by that time and will become custodian as he's the one likely to have a family to pass them on to.

Great minds think alike Private Tony and Lieutenant Maplegin. I picked my blackberries yesterday evening when it was cooler ! I made a blackberry and apple pie yesterday with some of last years to make more room in the freezer !

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    I've got the same problem as you with all the family records and photos Private Mcc2. I managed to get rid of a load of duplicate photos to a cousin when the Old Soldier died but I still have two big plastic crates full of stuff and loads of copies of the family tree books that he did !
    I've also got three HUGE family bibles full of names and dates and a large map folder full of vintage maps....
    Last edited by Anniemcc2; 25th August 2019 at 11:19 AM.

I'm the family historian. I have been uploading certificates that I've accumulated to Ancestry and Family Search. I've put a lot of photographs on Family Search. When I croak the stuff will likely go in the recycle bin, so I might as well scan and upload so that anybody who gives a hoot can have access. Some people are proprietary about the information that they've researched and what they've paid out of pocket to get. I share what I've got. I can't take it with me.

My main UK lines. Shaw, Rathbone, Didsbury, Hassall, around Davenham / Rudheath / Tarvin area of Cheshire and Hastings, Adams, Lamb, Howard, Blanchard around Birkenhead ... many connections. My grandparents were Shaw / Hastings who emigrated to Canada 1906 and homesteaded in Alberta in 1909.

I haven't been adding listings and need to get back to that too. Here on eBid a seller needs to be listing regularly and plugging about it, in my opinion. My listings are the type that need lots of volume in order to be able to combine.

I've been busy with other things. Today I made some costume jewellery to donate to the Hospital thrift shop. Husband and I had a nice walk about in Rotary Park. Both of us were mobile enough to do a lap. Knees, feet, hips, and backs were co-operating. No birds in the park except the osprey.

Last May there were two young ones. Over the summer one has been lost. Today an adult and the young one were in the nest. Young 'un eating a fish. The other adult came flying around and the young 'un started squawking. Probably looking for more grub. Fledge time here is usually mid September.

Name:  rotary osprey 2019 Aug 25 016 4x6.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  46.4 KB

Forum Saint
    All-About Anniemcc2
    Forum Posts

Hi Marie, didn't realise you had Ospreys in Whitecourt? I follow our local Ospreys here, the main nest being the Dyfi Project.
    The young ones are getting close to migrating down to West Africa for the winter and won't be seen again until 2-3 years time.

Another cool, misty start to the day here in Mid Wales. Yesterday was hot enough and the forecast reckons today will be hotter
    Then should start getting cooler during the week which should be more manageable.

Anyone watch the cricket yesterday? Fantastic result! Bet there are a few sore heads in Leeds this morning.

Time for another mug of tea.

Name:  Tea_is_the_FINEST_SOLUTION.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  10.7 KB

Morning troops. Heavy fog here this morning, which is unusual for this time of year, so as it was cool I made an effort and went to the car boot sale. There were not many stalls but found a few nice pieces of pottery so it was worth the trip.

Now Private Gold can't you keep 'em under control over there ? I had a hit from a newbie in Canada in the early hours of the morning ! Also an Australian bomb in disguise exploded. Shakes head in despair and stomps off to the mess to drown her sorrows.
    Lovely birdie photo by the way !

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes Annie Somer had the cricket on the computer, he was getting very exicited was good to here good of the cricket, gather its front page of the paers this morning.

Like you Sgt we went to carboot early, but wasn't really worth the effort but did catch up with several people, & treated self to some books, think the mist put some people off, still not all disappeared.

Am sure will manage some time later to sit in the garden, but yesterday was rather warm

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Firstgreen - the ospreys are gorgeous!!
    Add me to the list of family genealogists/record keepers. I keep them, but am not very organized about it. I like feeling connected to the past, like being part of a river. Makes history interesting when you can imagine what was happening during people's lives.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

The osprey platform is far from the trail. My photo is from a small handheld camera. Lots of zoom and some cropping, so the picture is a bit fuzzy. I've been watching the osprey families every summer for several years. And I always feel a bit sad when they leave for the winter.

I follow the various osprey cams on Twitter and enjoy the SW eagle cam too.

Name:  rotary osprey 2019 Aug 25 005 4x6.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  83.8 KB

Hope you all have a good day. We've had a rainy summer with lots of mosquitoes. The forecast for today looks like it might be a nice enough fall day. Could be worse, so I'm counting my blessings.

Forum Saint
    All-About Anniemcc2
    Forum Posts

Morning one and all from a much cooler and misty Mid Wales. The sun is trying to break through but seems to have given up ATM.

Made a start yesterday on trying to sort out some of my Family History paperwork - and almost gave up - there's so much!
    I kept coming across information that I'd forgotten about and not recorded on my PC database...... you get my drift?
    I need at least 6 wallpaper-type tables to be able to sort/separate everything out - and the local village hall for room to do it all in!

As the garden waste bin will be emptied tomorrow, must trim back a few plants that have finished for the summer.
    Maybe a job for himself if he's not busy in his manshed.

Have all a good day.

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Morning all, here the weather can't decide what to do, very warm 1st thing & now cloudy & they keep threatening rain & thunder but none so far hope it stays that way.

Yes Annie there are lots of pots that are over there best that hope to clear this week.

Have just been into YDC's & been busy.

Thread Information