Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Ello troops. Yes had a lovely time last night thank you Lieutenant Maplegin. We went to a vegan restaurant and it was the best meal I have had out for a long time, the food was so delicious. I will certainly be paying a return visit there at some point. I didn't get to bed until late and O/H had also been out and had one too many beers so he woke me up stumbling around looking for the bathroom at 5.00am ! I then couldn't get back to sleep for ages so overslept this morning and have been trying to catch up on a lot of things.

I must try and get some baking done this afternoon as the oldest cadet arrives tomorrow and I know will make a beeline for the cake tins when he arrives !

Has anyone heard anything from Private Wicca lately ? The last I heard she was helping out as her daughter was ill. I hope she is alright and that her daughter has recovered.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Talking about Vegan food...

I made the mistake of not reading a label properly when I bought a ready-meal from Morrisons recently. It was labelled:

Marinated celeriac steak with mushroom sauce, roasted portobello mushrooms and skin-on fries, garnished with sweet cherry tomatoes

I didn't know what 'celeriac' was but thought I knew what 'steak' was, and assumed 'celeriac' was just a way of cooking steak. WRONG!

I also did not notice the Vegan logo.

What sounded like it could be a nice meal was 'different' for the first few mouthfuls (while I was searching for the 'steak') but that soon palled and most of it ended up thrown away. If that was typical of Vegan food then I'll stick to being a carnivore.

Name:  482958011_0_640x640.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  59.2 KB
    Last edited by astral276; 11th October 2019 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Added image

Lol, ha ha ha, poor Astral ! Well I had 'duck' last night !!! It was fine strips of tofu with had been marinaded in a fantastic sauce and they served it with wafer thin pancakes, cucumber sticks and finely shredded spring onions so you made up your own pancake rolls and had a hoisin dipping sauce. The five of us shared some starters and they were really nice too, all of us agreed that we would be going back there, and the others were meat eaters, so there is some tasty vegan food around !

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Never had celeriac steak or otherwise. That would have been a surprise to think you were eating steak.....oops. We can live dangerously when we assume. I bought OH some friend chicken once, which he loves. Heated it up and served it to him. He ate a bit....and then said "it's raw". I had missed that on the label, and thought if it was FRIED chicken, it was already friend. Silly me.

Mooshuu (sp) pork or chicken is wonderful.........so glad to hear you can get it in tofu! Yum.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Morning one and all - slept like a log last night for a change but still very sore this morning so trying to loosen my leg up a bit.

Don't think I would have cared for Astral's meal either! I'm interested in alternatives to meat dishes but it's getting himself [a committed meat eater] to actually prepare/cook it as I no longer can.

Penni is posting occasionally on Facebook in the Laurencekirk Thursday group.

Time for more tea - and toast.

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Annie hope they will get you sorted once you actualy get to the hospital at end of month, by the way did you manage to sort your dad out as You said he wasn't happy about carers.

Well what horrible weather again, & gather could be like this for a bit. so not a good start to the winter.

Have just done the relists & for some reason they took ages to go through which am not used to that.

Sgt hope you managed to get cake making, think you said earlier that you are meeting up Lyme regis a lovely place but not so good in the rain, but am sure seeing the boys will brighton your day.

Hope everyone is okay

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maplegin View Post
    by the way did you manage to sort your dad out as You said he wasn't happy about carers.
    Feeling a right twit as both Dad & I totally misunderstood how payments for the Carers worked - we thought Social Services paid the 1st £90 per week and Dad anything over. Turns out it's the other way round!
    So no matter how many Care visits he has, he pays just the £90 pw. Which will be useful when it's time to increase the number of visits.

So I have to get back to Social Services to sort things out - luckily I do have the relevant email addresses now which is much easier and less time consuming than using the phone.

£90 a week, thats disgusting, no bleerdy wonder old folk die on their own in their freezing cold flats with hardly any food, etc. Are they giving you any free weeks Ann, they offered me 6 weeks free when Mike was ill but i told them I would sort him myself, he is on his own most of the time for gods sake

Ello troops. That's good news about the Old Sailor Private Mcc2, I hope you can get it all sorted soon. Glad to hear that Private Wicca is O.K. too.

Made a big batch of coconut buns and an apple and blackberry pie Lieutenant Maplegin so that should keep him going for five minutes ! Yes, we are off to Lyme Regis tomorrow in the rain ! Such a shame, will just have to stay in the pub for longer (please let it pour, please let it pour
    )!!!

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sgt hope you manage to find a seat in the pub hopefully the one that has a nice view. sorry its so wet for you.

Am afraid got soaked when took the dog out even soaked through his coat as well.

Hope Annie that now that you sorted the care package out, you having to pay £90 isn't to bad it was about£20 for half an hour with Somers Dad, noticed when we had the care package for him they asked if wanted help over Christmas & bank holidays & it went up to double time, we did the lunch time & they got him sorted in the morning & settled in the evening. hope they don't put your charges up.

Thread Information