Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Kirton In Lindsey, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View yellerbelly's Feedback (+97)
    All-About yellerbelly
    View yellerbelly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Well I will certainly not forget today definitely an unlucky one for me. Decided to go do a local car boot, came out the house shut the front door then realised my house keys were still inside, luckily my kitchen window which overlooks the road was open as I had forgotten to close it the night before, so I borrowed a set of steps from a neighbour and proceeded to climb through the window however the window only opens so far and thanks to Covid my rear end has expanded and had a little trouble getting through but managed it in the end but hope nobody filmed it, then I lost my distance glasses and when I got home my offside window would not close so have had to park it close to the neighbours 6ft fence so that it cannot be seen, covered with polythene to keep wildlife out and so much for the dealership maintenance saying they can find nothing wrong with the electrics, probably damp they said.

I took it in January and April, driving home in the dark along a county road once it was like having an unseen entity in the car when the passenger window suddenly went down and then up later a couple of miles later, I had no control over it.
    One day before Covid I was out in the car on a cold and rainy day when first one window went down then the other, then they went back up again and I had no control over them but I had to laugh thinking what an ex-colleague would have said referring to a piece of nightwear. Mind you in this day an age no doubt certain people would find that offensive, sexist whatever. Hope today will be better, first thing on the agenda contact the dealership and hope they don't want to charge me for another diagnostic check because they failed to find the problem last time.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Joyner, hope you don't get another day like that & good job you had left window open, hope you can sort the car window problem

Buttons how are your kitchen units going,
    Certainly a warm day again.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5873)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

It is, in the words of the song, too darn hot! I'm just not a tropical person.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Quote Originally Posted by Joynes1521 View Post
    ...when I got home my offside window would not close so have had to park it close to the neighbours 6ft fence so that it cannot be seen, covered with polythene to keep wildlife out and so much for the dealership maintenance saying they can find nothing wrong with the electrics, probably damp they said.

I took it in January and April, driving home in the dark along a county road once it was like having an unseen entity in the car when the passenger window suddenly went down and then up later a couple of miles later, I had no control over it.
    Hmm.. not a Skoda by any chance is it... Christmas before last I had to drive home from Pevensey Bay with my driver's window wide open as it opened itself and refused to close, since then it's has 3 window control panels replaced trying to sort out the problem and it's just started playing up again. The casual excuse from Skoda/VW is it's because the control box in the door gets damp when it rains. As if that's a good enough reason and I'll have to accept it.

My last Renault Megan did this as well but mine used to open when i was parked up and turned off as well, never found out why.

Quote Originally Posted by maplegin View Post
    J
    Buttons how are your kitchen units going,
    Certainly a warm day again.
    I have no idea Maple i havent been able to move very far as yet and it's been raining here and now going hot again so the weather change got me as well

View Policequilts's Feedback (+996)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

It is very cool this morning that I have to wear a long sleeve shirt.

This is my new vehicle - ok it's a 1996 S10 truck.

Name:  DSC06121.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  60.6 KB

I spent the day removing the glue from the stickers that were on the truck.
    What I love about it - Manual locking doors and Manual windows that I can roll up and down LOL

* The farm next to me were 4-H leaders and still have kids bring their projects to the farm to work with them. This year, there are some horses that the kids are doing English or Western riding.
    * When I was young, I love riding and spent my time riding all over the place.
    There is one of the kids that is walking, then loping, walking, then loping the horse. BUT, during the walking, she is on her phone texting. I Don't Get This. Boy, people really do depend on those cell phones. I just can't see it being enjoyable using a phone while riding. I guess it's a new world and I hope I will be leaving soon. LOL

On the home page of eBid, I am happy to see that there is more of a variety of items being on the SOLD section. I'm not sure if this is only for the USA I am viewing since I don't sell outside of the USA, but it is nice to see these changes.

"What I love about it - Manual locking doors and Manual windows that I can roll up and down LOL"

Show off!

All-About yellerbelly
    Forum Posts

Hi Mandart yes it is a Skoda and I was told the same as yourself well seems it is a standard answer and Skoda need to sort it.
    Maplegin yes good job I had left the window open accidently but I must have looked a site climbing through it I never expected to do anything like that at my age, luckily I always keep a little stool near the cabinets to reach things on tops shelves so it was near by when trying to climb off the worktops.

Yes I have had the window closed but still not fixed as need to order a part, long and short of it I phoned the Skoda dealership this morning at 9.00am told that they would ring me back in the meantime I rang the garage where my nephew works his boss said bring it in we'll have a look at it so drove into Lincoln but they were unable to get the window up so my nephew rang an auto electrics workshop they said bring it down we'll have a look at it, wandered around Matalan and Sainsbury's for 1 1/2 hours while they dealt with it they managed to get the window up but it was down to trapped wires from car door to main body and needs part so back in July for it to be completed, on arrival home at 15.57 I rang 1471 and had no return call from SKODA, so I phoned them and ask to speak to a manager, let them have it with both barrels I complained about no return call, 2 diagnostic checks no fault found!! the should have checked further, then 2 months for new key to arrive never kept informed, I said they had tried to blame it on Covid and that their customer service was seriously lacking, he said tell me what the problem is and we'll see if we can sort it, told him it had been sorted as I could not leave it on the drive another night as it would make my insurance null & void had it been stolen. I will not be stopping there though, a written complaint along with the detail of the fault will be put in writing to head office as they are quick to take cash for the diagnostic checks every time. Bank balance another £90+ lighter!!!!! and yet more expense to come. grrrrr!!!!

All-About yellerbelly
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mandart View Post
    "What I love about it - Manual locking doors and Manual windows that I can roll up and down LOL"

Show off!
    No need to rub it in 😄😄😄

Thread Information