Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

I just got thrown out and had to log in.
    I have finished the parts i can do on my kitchen unit cupboards and someone is coming to help me put the backs and doors on tomorrow, we can barely get out of the front door as all the furniture we dont want is piled up in the hall, it's like a mad house including a big old oak dinning table, a oak bureau, a short fat oak cupboard and two bin bags full of polystyrene all behind the front door, i have about a foot to get out, if i drag them out into the front garden it will start to rain and i dont want to upset anyone

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Buttons, you really do tackle jobs, good on you you have to tell yourself will be nice when its all in place, hope you get the hep to finish putting the units together, hope you don't end up with a piece left over.

well have been out we went as far as Tesco in Yeovil, traffic was bad, & then to add to it they were resurficing part of the car park, so hard to park, we went & got new key board & a moue also needed to replace my phone, have done so from a very helpful guy but now am home can't remember how to do it all, suppose will get used to it in the end. just hope don't have to use in a hurry.

But have come home & done the relists, & see Somer has another gone off to today, though looks as though he does have a non payer.

View Policequilts's Feedback (+996)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

Finally had a storm last night and most of my rain barrels are filled.
    Suppose to be sticky today.

With this rain, I am off to do a client's cottage garden and get a rose planted in honor of her mother and get the weeding done.
    I want to get this done so it's off my list to do.
    I also have to weed and mulch her gardens before her party on Monday.

help now coming on Saturday instead of today, Mike is sorting stuff out to throw away and making a mess breaking polystyrene up, it's everywhere so far we have three bin bags to go to the tip, the kitchen units where packed with it

View madelaine's Feedback (+5873)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Oh, polystyrene is the pits! The bits are charged and so light, they are almost impossible to catch. Well, you can catch most but somehow never quite all of them!

It's a proper English summer day - the central heating came on!
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Forum Saint
    Kingswinford, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View crafters_corner_2's Feedback (+327)
    All-About crafters_corner_2
    View crafters_corner_2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    Oh, polystyrene is the pits! The bits are charged and so light, they are almost impossible to catch. Well, you can catch most but somehow never quite all of them!

It's a proper English summer day - the central heating came on!
    Polystyrene does have its uses. I fill the bottom of my summer bedding tubs with it which makes good drainage and saves on compost.

I have just switched on the heating! Crazy weather - nose still peeling from last week!

Yes, I use the polystyrene for the pots too, it's just the little bits that break off it...

I have now put 3 black bag fulls in the shed and it is still bouncing about in the hall, the furniture is still in the hall I am getting rid of but my cupboards are now finished, it took my friend Ian and I from 9.30 am until 4PM+ ish yesterday to finish them, now I have to fill them with all the stuff that is all over my kitchen work tops, it's like being on a game show just to make a cup of coffee.

View Policequilts's Feedback (+996)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

Polystyrene does have its uses

I have used the styrofoam from what TV's, Computers . . . are packed in for

packing glassware, plates and such for sale. The bigger pieces you can cut out pieces to get stemware / glassware to fit and safe for shipping.
    If I have to use peanuts, I will place them in a gallon plastic bag and form the bag/peanuts around the item that I am shipping.
    I do place a note on the shipping box if there are loose peanuts. I have give a thank you so that they can open the package differently.

I do buy sheets 2'x8' of styrofoam when I have package that I want to line the outside of the box for the breakables inside. A lot of times, this would be for dinner plates.

Friday after weeding and mulching my client's garden I was able to take a break.
    ( My neighbor (the good farmer) was having problems with her gardens. It had gotten away from her. Two years ago, I just cleaned up her gardens and asked if I could dig it up and rearranged them and thinned them out. I knew that she didn't have the energy to do this plus working and getting the farm family going too. )

She had called and asked if I could help her with the garden, so I planned on Friday after the other work was done to take a break and walk over there and start with the gardens.
    I was on the back side of the LP tank garden and she could tell I was there when she saw the mini shovel. I already had 2/3's of the garage gardens done and 1/2 of the LP tank garden done.

Saturday was sticky and I went over to the neighbors with extra plants and a few more tools and worked on the gardens. She had to leave to bring the big truck to the son, since his broke down to pick up bedding for the animals. She felt guilty that I was doing the work. I felt better that she was gone, she is in her 80's, working to keep insurance for her husband since his cancer is back and so on... I'm 15 years younger and I rather take the grunt of the workload.

Almost all the gardens are weeded and mulched. I still have one side of the garage garden to do, but the boy's decided to work on the garage roof.

It's funny that this couple had been 4-H General Leaders for 46 years. All the kids and their kids would keep their animals at the farm to work with, for when they have their auctions to get new projects to work on and such that they all refer to them as Ma and Pa, no matter what age they are.

I am so glad that she is happy that her gardens look great and can enjoy again.

Ello troops. Oh woe is me, just when I thought I was invisible for the month with my brilliant camouflage, and only being found by non payers, I get two direct hits today ! I had better go and put some more slap on as well as listings !

Had a good night with the girls last Thursday, so much so that one of our landlords actually followed us up the hill to make sure we got home O.K. ! Now that's what I call service, how nice is that ?! Also had a nice meal out with friends in a restaurant on Friday so having a quiet weekend to recuperate !

Thread Information