Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

bloomin car wont start now, rang garage and the boss is out
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Forum Lurker
    Market Rasen, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    All-About ebidewithme
    View ebidewithme's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    bloomin car wont start now, range garage and the boss is out
    Well I expect your at home and not like me last Friday. The bolts holding my engine to the mounts had unscrewed so the engine dropped and snapped the drive shaft; it could have been a lot worse. I was out in the middle of the Lincolnshire countryside, hadn't got my breakdown number with me, ran my phone battery and credit out trying to get my wife to find the breakdown number. Then someone stopped and phoned a garage about ten miles away who arrived within twenty minutes with the breakdown vehicle, back to the garage, brought me home (15miles), did the job on Monday, came and picked me up. Brilliant service and dead lucky that the gear box wasn't affected.

yes I am at home and will wait until the boss gets back, but cant understand why they are incapable of making a decision before he gets back, how hard is it to write a message down on a bit of paper

Kirton In Lindsey, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View yellerbelly's Feedback (+97)
    All-About yellerbelly
    View yellerbelly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    Thats what I have just done Moony
    I also do this because of the very low interest rate which still applies from when I took the card out years ago, you never know when it might come in handy in the case of an emergency big purchase.

On another note tried to purchase an electrical item from John Lewis over the phone on Monday only to find you are now diverted to a call centre in India who try to get you to open an on-line account which I do not want to do so they have lost a sale unless I can pick one up when I go on a day trip to Cambridge next week.

I can hear you saying why John Lewis, good price, only place the item was available and same price as Argos who are out of stock, 2 year guarantee unlike Argos, good service and have had electrical items from them with no problems in the past few years. Sadly not very much to offer in the way of shopping in Lincoln these days, BHS, Debenhams gone, House of Frazer to go in favour of being turned into a Hotel, why, there will be nothing to go to the centre of Lincoln for unless you want a coffee, or are a student as it is becoming one big university campus, traffic congestion in centre will only get worse because the local council had/have no forward thinking apart from ££££ signs from big business. It has driven those that can to travel to Nottingham and MeadowHell (went there once, never again)

Forum Lurker
    Market Rasen, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    All-About ebidewithme
    View ebidewithme's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joynes1521 View Post
    I also do this because of the very low interest rate which still applies from when I took the card out years ago, you never know when it might come in handy in the case of an emergency big purchase.

On another note tried to purchase an electrical item from John Lewis over the phone on Monday only to find you are now diverted to a call centre in India who try to get you to open an on-line account which I do not want to do so they have lost a sale unless I can pick one up when I go on a day trip to Cambridge next week.

I can hear you saying why John Lewis, good price, only place the item was available and same price as Argos who are out of stock, 2 year guarantee unlike Argos, good service and have had electrical items from them with no problems in the past few years. Sadly not very much to offer in the way of shopping in Lincoln these days, BHS, Debenhams gone, House of Frazer to go in favour of being turned into a Hotel, why, there will be nothing to go to the centre of Lincoln for unless you want a coffee, or are a student as it is becoming one big university campus, traffic congestion in centre will only get worse because the local council had/have no forward thinking apart from ££££ signs from big business. It has driven those that can to travel to Nottingham and MeadowHell (went there once, never again)
    I've just come back from the weekly shop in Lincoln, traffic horrendous even though I don't go into the city. Almost easier for me to go to Grimsby, both trafficwise and retail. Probably another 20 miles for you to Grimsby.

Ello troops. Sorry to hear tanks are breaking down left right and centre, will have to have a word with REME.

Welcome to the eBid barracks Private ebide, mine's a double G&T in the mess when you come for your induction. I see you are learning the ropes already in keeping your precious listings safe as I can't see them at all ?! Very good camouflage !

Had my brother visiting yesterday as he's just had to have a second operation but not as drastic as last time. We went out for the afternoon and I managed to find a load more stock. Just as well as I had another direct hit this morning. Shakes head in despair, don't they know our glorious eBid army motto by now that 'Nothing ever sells on an alternative site' ?!!!

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

This is what happens when we follow instructions to leave glass in a bag by the bins. I heard a lot of noise outside and caught this seagull on camera, attempting to carry off a bag of empty coffee and food jars

Name:  ZHjc_aWoRNaG0O6ILgVOVA.jpeg
Views: 95
Size:  35.8 KBName:  QX8MgGnXS8GALbhyBWfALw.jpeg
Views: 62
Size:  32.8 KB

We've got a nice lidded bin to put all our recyclables in. Except our card and paper, which all goes in an unlidded box. First gust of wind and the village is strewn with waste paper and envelopes. Another piece of smart planning...

we have a trolley with 3 box's on and a little lidded bin for food waste, they all lock together or the seagulls would empty them all over the place as well

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well its warm here already, have walked friends dog & our dog & its still only 9.30 but its so warm already, they are saying its 18 degrees but feels warmer than that,

They actualy emptyed our recycling bins & bags etc. & they actualy were put back on the drive for a change. today no wind so ay least won't be seeing it blowing everywhere.as Mandart said wind & it goes everywhere.

Have tried to catch up on relists but are coming as fast as I do them.

Glad Sgt you managed to find some stock.

Thread Information