Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

View madelaine's Feedback (+5873)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

While I do not envy you your weather, Police, it is wonderful to see what are, to you, ordinary birds but to us truly exotic.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

View Policequilts's Feedback (+996)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

@Madelaine

It's funny what you say, but yet, it's funny that just within my town, friends on the other side of town get lots of cedar wing wax birds and I only seen one here in 40 years.

Then again, we have yellow headed black birds that are marsh birds. (There's a marsh across the road beyond the neighbor's pasture) I will get those in during the summer and a neighbor that has a marshy area has never had them or seen them.

I also get pheasants that will feed at the bird feeder during winter time and nobody has that happen even know that they are along the wooded areas that should have them.

Well, it's warm here !
    We are at 31*F. It beats the -20* wind chill from the past couple of days.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well, I've never seen yellow-headed black birds! Neat! I've seen red-winged blackbirds, and white-winged blackbirds, but not yellow-headed! I bet they are stunning. I think, as with most of nature, some people who are used to looking for and seeing wildlife will easily see what others just flat out don't notice. Along with that, some people just have better eyesight and spend more time looking! I had a former brother in law whose eyesight was abnormally good at distance. On the plains of Colorado, he'd say....do you see that herd of antelope over there?..........We'd say no, and drive a couple miles in that direction...and low and behold, still in the distance, we could just make out the herd he'd seen.

A bit of sun here in SE Wales today. Hubby is still recouping from his hernia surgery. I think the codine has made him particularly...grumpy. I have my appt with the rheumatologist in a couple weeks....can't come soon enough. I need drugs. My wrists are swollen, my hands barely work and are quickly becoming weird shapes!

Snowdrops are up at step-son's house up North, so spring is on the way! yea! Need to get someone in to cut back the huge climbing rose on the fence before it pulls the fence over. New shoots off it last year are 15-18' and look ridiculous.

Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Evening all hope you've had a good weekend, back to the grindstone tomorrow!

Had a nice walk today in the pleasant sunshine and took a lot of pictures. I don't normally post my personal pictures on here, but here's a landscape I took featuring our village. Sadly it looks as its going to become a history shot as most of the ground surrounding our little village of some730 homes is going to have 950 houses built on it much to our disgust and no matter what our feelings are...

Name:  1-DSCF8976.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  64.4 KB

All-About Policequilts
    Forum Posts

@Mandart
    That is a beautiful shot.
    Boy, I know that is so disappointing to have the village doubling in size.

The town I grew up with only had under 2000 people and now it's over 8000 and a lot of "Big Box" stores.
    I use to go riding right through down to the outskirts, across the expressway and out to another town to see a friend of mine. Can't go over the expressway now that it has 3 lanes each way.
    I think I have one website completely set up and ready to add items.
    The other website, I still have some pages to add information on, then it will be ready to have items added.
    @HerMajesty
    Those yellow headed black birds are really stunning. It's like canary yellow and they have an odd voice.

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

lovely pictures around here at the moment, Seems they are wanting to put new houses everywhere but not putting the extras that are needed, like schools & Drs & shops. seems they think everyone can travel,

Was nice to see sunshine yesterday & though was mius 1 this morning its a nice sunny day today.

Quote Originally Posted by maplegin View Post
    Seems they are wanting to put new houses everywhere but not putting the extras that are needed, like schools & Drs

Was nice to see sunshine yesterday & though was mius 1 this morning its a nice sunny day today.
    So true, they had fancy plans for a new all singing all dancing practice in the new village they've just built along the road, it would have 9 consultancy rooms, three mini operating theatres and all other sorts of fancy things, the idea being it would be taken over by our local surgery.

Our existing surgery has 1 doctor and 2 locums... It appears the scheme has been quietly shelved...

Here's another picture from my walk:

Name:  1-DSCF8929.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  57.2 KB
    Last edited by Mandart; 6th February 2023 at 01:07 PM.

All-About Policequilts
    Forum Posts

@Mandart

Just a beautiful view.
    I think I need some "greenery" right now. Tired of the snow.

I just caught my tree holding up the moon at 7am this morning

Name:  DSC00255 (640x480).jpg
Views: 52
Size:  241.8 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Oh PQ, I don't envy your snow, something I've never liked even as a kid - the little bit we had at the turn of the year was enough for me - I'm looking forward To Spring now! It was good to get out with the camera yesterday, I feel much more cheerful than I have for some weeks! Looking forward to next weekend now!

This is our sister village a mile down the road:

Name:  301344987_399999132247678_432328146121531297_n.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  37.3 KB

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good to see the photos must admit that this morning when took friends dog for a walk, was cold but lovely & bright, & the birds were i the top of the trees enjoying the sunshine, but even now its bright but -2 still, hope it improves soon as need to go to Post & then to MIL for the day.

Thread Information