Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Morning all, not been about much, been busy in the real world I'm afraid.... Our dwarf lillies were very good this year, we have them planted in two pots on the patio so there's an early riot of colour before the garden reaches full bloom, it's all settled back into it's normal trim now...Name:  9-IMG_20230616_104429_313.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  88.8 KB

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Mandart - those lilies are superb! They look really happy and healthy there! Looks like a beautiful garden!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    Mandart - those lilies are superb! They look really happy and healthy there! Looks like a beautiful garden!
    Thank you! We're quite happy with our garden, taken us a few years to get it how we like, little bit at a time. Just wish it was a bit warmer this year to enjoy it more!

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Looks like you nailed it! I had planted alyssum and borage, a couple coral bells, and chives and a couple tiny things like a tyme and a violet last year. Luckily for me, as my RA had flared during planting time, that the alyssum reseeded itself, as did the borage. A coral bell is happily blooming, and all on their own, several wonderful Mediteranian plants popped up this spring.. We just started renting this place a year ago Feb, and the first spring the garden (flower) area was totally bare, so I did the plants above. This year, there are two bunches of tall spindly but sturdy purple flowering things...which the bees love. I put a few interesting weeds from the lawn into the garden, and they happily bloomed and grew about 3' this summer, so lovely white blooms of two levels, and orange flowers - which looked great with the random purple blooms. And two bleeding heart bushes appeared, and I was not in shape to cut them back, which is lucky, as I didn't know what they were till they both bloomed! So - almost a no-work garden which the bees adore. This year I will do even less, and next year it will be spectacular!!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

We have a couple of hydrangers which are struggling very badly and a camilla which is also not as good as it could be but we whacked in a lot of groundcover to fill the gaps and an extensive planting of geraniums in troughs which we position behind the log roll defining the flower beds from the lawn - so much easier to trough plant them and position them rather than getting on our knees and planting them direct into the soil, especially at our age. We always look for an easy method of doing things...

View Policequilts's Feedback (+996)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

@Mandart
    Beautiful lilies. Is that lavender in background.
    I wish I could grow that stuff. I have for 3 years and it dies. It might need a more protected area for winter time.

How about adding coffee grounds to the hydrangeas? Get the worms to fertilizer and aerate the area.
    I don't drink coffee, so I buy a large can of coffee grounds and sprinkle it into my gardens.

Yes, that's lavender, we planted it about 6 years ago and just left it to it's own devices with a little trim at the end of each season, it seems to like that approach - we had some more in a more sheltered spot of the garden and it only survived about three years and died, that area's plant free this year. Never thought of coffee grounds, might have to give that a try, thanks.

View Policequilts's Feedback (+996)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

@Mandart
    You are so lucky to have such nice lavender and for it to grow so tall.

I would make fairy wands from the lavender and sell them.

Today will be another hot and humid day with hopefully a storm to cool down.

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

The pictures of all the plants are lovely, We have a hydranger thats been in the same spot for 24 years & massive, & do cut it back really the only thing apart from honey suckle, that's in the ground all the rest are in pots & troughs at least not so far to bend & can be moved around, have now 2 hydrangers in pots & am trying some more cutting at the moment as well.

he rain seems to be spoiling some of the pots now & noticed a lot of leaves & dropping again from the trees already

I've been toying with the idea of a pot planted hydranger, think I might try a couple next year

Thread Information