eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there really a Need for the scrolling Auction/edit list thing!

View Rednosty's Feedback (+998)
    All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Is there really a Need for the scrolling Auction/edit list thing!

I personnally find it incredibly irritating...Just another little tweak from Gary and Mark thats NOT needed...

The Idea of having the buttons at the bottom of the screen are that you need to scroll down t check your Picture/Description NOW when I'm checking I have this THING scrolling down with me! Grrrrrrrrrr

Vintage Mechanical and Quartz Watches
    and collectables

Click on the link to enter my store

Why not visit my New Store. Where you will find almost anything

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Rednostys-All-Sorts-Store

People moan when nothing appears to be happening then moan when things are happening... just no pleasing some people

Those that think they can do better should set up their own auction site then they can run it exactly as they want

Quote Originally Posted by Rednosty View Post
    I personnally find it incredibly irritating...Just another little tweak from Gary and Mark thats NOT needed...

The Idea of having the buttons at the bottom of the screen are that you need to scroll down t check your Picture/Description NOW when I'm checking I have this THING scrolling down with me! Grrrrrrrrrr
    It looks awful.
    I getting really fed up with all these changes. To me they don't enhance the site.
    Please Visit my Book Store:

Affordable books Books

Family Members:
    Gothicina

My Children:
    Honehe
    Niffnaff
    Tozcentral

Must admit I don't like the new preview page, I don't need to preview the whole page, I know my username & what I'm selling , I only need to preview the auction.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

View 12bluefairy's Feedback (+26)
    All-About 12bluefairy
    View 12bluefairy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Nah I don't like it either. only been doing this for a few days and then the change. i thought i'd done something wrong. Prefer it the other way

Quote Originally Posted by Pete27 View Post
    People moan when nothing appears to be happening then moan when things are happening... just no pleasing some people

Well, one thing about us humans, we all have opinions!

As the Guinea Pigs (i.e. users) of each and every change, I think we have some right to provide feedback, aka grumble. Changes of little or dubious value seem to be happening with a frequency that is causing some stress. The eBid team needs to implement some sort of beta testing environment or facility such that these new bells & whistles can be properely tested, evaluated, approved, and communicated prior to being foisted on the community at-large.

As to this change, I vote thumbs down. I also firmly believe if it had gone through some sort of seller review, especially with other seemingly more important items waiting in the wings, it would not have been given a green light. Who requested it? I see no outcry in the suggestions forum for this?

Make no mistake, I have nothing but the utmost of respect for the powers that be here at eBid. They have come far and are creating an awesome online venue! This is a case of growing pains. What was once a smallish site is growing, and the wild, wild, west development cycle needs to mature just a bit. My two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete27 View Post
    Those that think they can do better should set up their own auction site then they can run it exactly as they want

No thanks! Too much work and too many backseat drivers!!!
    DrCooper
    --------------------------------------

eBid Sign-up!

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Users previewing their auctions and not being able to view how their descriptions would look in the new wider format is not an option. This wasn't possible with the old preview page.

It also makes alot more sense for sellers to be able to preview how the whole auction will look when it is live.

As with every change we make some will like it, some will not and as with every other change we will listen to all comments made and take them into consideration.

Thanks,
    Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Just to be clear, I have no problem with the preview page, just the bouncy widget thingy which follows as I scroll. Seems there could be a less intrusive way to communicate "cost".
    DrCooper
    --------------------------------------

eBid Sign-up!

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

<---------------- keeping gob shut

Thread Information