Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sick of your Wii yet?

Forum Lurker
    View Lemsol's Feedback (+372)
    All-About Lemsol
    View Lemsol's Listings
    Forum Posts

Angry Sick of your Wii yet?

Am I the only person who got bored of the Wii in a matter of weeks?

Bought it in November of 2007. Got played until January 2008 then after that only on every 4 or 5 weeks for an hour or two at a time. The Wiimote was a nice gimmick for some of the less action-oriented games but for the likes of Tomb Raider and Resi Evil 4 I find it is just too complex to be aiming at an enemy with the wiimote whilst running around with the nunchuk at the same time. I got up to the big T-Rex in Tomb Raider and just could not beat it with that wiimote, not while having to move and jump around all over the place at the same time. Anybody else find this a problem? It could be just me but never had a problem beating that mob with a control pad on a PS2. Same with Resi Evil 4. Control pad = easy. Wiimote+nunchuk = too much death and too frustrating trying to aim at enemies whilst you are having to run so the picture on the screen is moving too.

Just wondering if there is a knack to this thing? My Wii sitting there gathering dust with around 40 games never being used and starting to think should I sell or get it out again and perservere. I remember when I went from joystick to control pad then control pad to analogue control pad. It took a day or two for me to get used to the change but never this long.

Well, I'm pretty sure I know of a site where you could list it for auction.

Forum Lurker
    All-About Lemsol
    View Lemsol's Listings
    Forum Posts

Me too Not gonna sell yet though I don't think. Will probably give it another couple months and see if I get used to it first. If I remember rightly you sell computer games, don't you? You got a Wii? Just wondered if you might have found the same problems I am.

Me? No, I'm Wii-less. I went to the Darkside and got the Xbox 360.

well i have a wii, xbox, xbox 360, ps1, ps2 and a ps3

you will allways find me on xbox 360 though (global pitbabe)

my wii? bought it for xmas pressie to myself cost £400 and its been played 3 times..

listed it went up to £230 still 2 days left but took it down cus i was risking paypoo holding my money..

now its just sat here infront of me in its box with wii sports, nunchuck, wand, pink covers and boxing gloves..

sad eh?

Quote Originally Posted by redpoison View Post
    well i have a wii, xbox, xbox 360, ps1, ps2 and a ps3

you will allways find me on xbox 360 though (global pitbabe)

my wii? bought it for xmas pressie to myself cost £400 and its been played 3 times..

listed it went up to £230 still 2 days left but took it down cus i was risking paypoo holding my money..

now its just sat here infront of me in its box with wii sports, nunchuck, wand, pink covers and boxing gloves..

sad eh?

Just a pointer, I think paypal will only freeze your money for up to 21 days if it is an ebay transaction. I believe they cannot freeze none ebay transactions unless a dispute is opened.

Can you not offer pppay escrow or google?

everyone on ebay wants to pay you via [aypoo..

checked on here they not going for much.. private sale i will only get £100

shame init ?

Forum Lurker
    All-About Lemsol
    View Lemsol's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yup, real sad. You could put a Buy Now price on eBid though. If it doesn't sell at what you set it at it doesn't sell but at least it will be listed should anybody decide they do want it at your price. Not sure what Game, etc. will give for them as trade-ins but probably not much.

Not gonna sell mine quite yet just incase I get into it though I doubt I will. My three and a half year old is gaming now though. I couldn't believe it. At the weekend I had a play with Tekken 3 on the Playstation as had been ages since I'd played it. Went to the bathroom and when I got back my daughter was pushing buttons on the control pad. So, I let her play with it for a while since I had some work to do. She can now do 3 stages in the Arcade Mode. I had no idea she'd be playing a game for at least another couple of years. Three seems a bit young or it did to me. Gonna have to password-protect my pc soon I think.

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View heatemyfather's Feedback (+53)
    All-About heatemyfather
    View heatemyfather's Listings
    Forum Posts

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by sontar View Post
    Three seems a bit young or it did to me. Gonna have to password-protect my pc soon I think.
    What - in case she whups your ass on Unreal Tournament by the time she's four?

Play groups will be just gaming net cafes before long...

I didn't see anything I liked in the Wii, although Zelda looks like a good game I couldn't justify buying a console just for that, and Ninty's direction since the N64 has been away from the kind of games I like (PS2 / PS3 / XBox kind of games). I got a Cube with hopes that they would release some good games for it, I ended up with Star Wars and WaveRace (again), that was about all; Metal Arms was fun though and one of the most original games I've ever played. I have a PS3 now, loving the new GTA!
    Last edited by heatemyfather; 28th May 2008 at 04:06 PM.
    My auctions: video games, photography stuff, miniature wargaming hobby bits and pieces
    My eBid stores: Miniature Hobby Store | Old Games
    My eBid adverts page (also home to my free eBid promotional graphics):
    http://www.jonathanmortimer.co.uk/adverts/

Wii is a great machine for fun games like Mario and Zelda. But i dont have it plugged in for long i have to say

Thread Information