Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sick of your Wii yet?

Forum Newbie
    All-About coolstuff01
    View coolstuff01's Listings
    Forum Posts

I played it once over XMas and I had a blast. But I think after a while it might get a little boring.
    Has anyone seen that Wii Fit thing on television? That looks completely useless for me. Why do u need a "wii fit" to work out?

Forum Lurker
    View nemo14444's Feedback (+1)
    All-About nemo14444
    View nemo14444's Listings
    Forum Posts

i got boredof mine within the first weef

Weston Super Mare, Somerset, United Kingdom
    View WorleGirl's Feedback (+929)
    All-About WorleGirl
    View WorleGirl's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thumbs up For lazy/busy people like me!!

Quote Originally Posted by coolstuff01 View Post
    Why do u need a "wii fit" to work out?
    For people like me!!!!
    I tried a gym - cost an absolute fortune when you have a family of 4!!
    I'm also paranoid of people looking at me so only when swimming ONCE!
    The Wii Fit is great because it has Yoga, Muscle Workout, Balance (which is great for me because I have flat feet and bad posture!) plus more!
    It's fun for my 4 year old, too - who absolutely loves the Hula Hoop challenge and the jogging is fab fo tiring her out ready for bedtime!
    My 1 year old LOVES seeing the family as Mii characters and points us out when she spots us on the screen
    We only have a 30mins session before bedtime a day, but I think it was worth it (and besides, we won it quite cheap on another site quite similar to this site's name!)
    Craft Clearout
    (Most new, some hardly used)

Handmade by Jenny
    (my hobby results in lovingly handmade items that need a new home!)

Music

View CrazyJay's Feedback (+149)
    All-About CrazyJay
    View CrazyJay's Listings
    Forum Posts

I love the Wii. BUT, I do think it is better suited to certain types of games.

Mario Kart is fantastic, when used with a heavier duty wheel, but a right pain with the tiny lightweight thign supplied with the game.

Wii sports is good, and makes proper use of the contollers movements (as it should.)

I tried the snooker, without the cue attachement, but wasn't keen on it - (I now have the game with the cue, so will give that a go, and see how it plays.) - Has anybody else used this game with the cue? - how did you get on?

Paper Mario is fun, and plays along similar lines to a regular PS type game, with just the controller (not the nunchuk) - It's fun and addictive - both my boys, and me love it.

I do think though, that some games would probably be better suited for play on my old Playstation.

For those who aren't fussy about filtering what I sell - Take a look at ALL my stuff above. - But for more specific listings, take a peek in the stores below.

TOY-PALLOI - For all sorts of traditional playthings!

THE PAPERBOYS PLEASURE - For Books & Magazines

OUT ON THE FLOOR - For Records - (mainly 1950's - 60's)

VIEWPOINT - Photographic Equipment

THE SCRAPYARD - Spare parts for old cars and bikes

I'm glad this thread came up again.
    I did end up getting a Wii.
    I did end up getting "Wii strain" playing the sports.
    I did then end up ignoring it in favour of the Xbox 360 and the PS3.

I've got to say, though, I am very disappointed in the quality of games these days. Sure they look good, but they're very short and offer very little incentive to play them again. They're very expensive considering they only give a couple of days play. What happened to the days when games had a decent story and were worth playing over and over again?

Having 4 boys, we have consoles coming out of our ears, and yes we have a wii. we have a wii fit, 2 steering wheels, extra set of nunchuk/motes...

And it comes out daily for the pure fact that it is good exercise. The characters are poo, the animation is pants but the exercise value is fantastic. The only game ever to compete on the other consoles was my metal dance mat and ps2.

The boys play their "games" on the other consoles, then have a laugh and a scream challenging us to hula hooping and footie heading, tightrope walking etc. The wiifit is out daily as its a great fun way to exercise and we have 8 miis competing. Too funny. Dont get it if you want proper gaming though. Then its pants. LOL

A games console by Nintendo. The controllers are called a wii mote and a nunchuck and basically you can get the characters to move by waving your arms about a bit, rather than the traditional button bashing!

http://www.nintendo.com/wii/what

It depends what youre in to. Personally I love ours, the wii console was free with my sons mobile phone contract last year and same son bought me the wii fit in the autumn. love it, love it, love it!
    But then where are my boys now? Playing the xbox and ps3 upstairs! LOL It really is personal taste I think.

Thread Information