eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm new here, fresh from Feebay, but I have noticed this.

Forum Newbie
    View NuYu's Feedback (+3400)
    All-About NuYu
    View NuYu's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile I'm new here, fresh from Feebay, but I have noticed this.

Hi all,

New here, existing Powerseller on ebay (you should see a few more of us on here soon)

I have listed my first item today after spending a few days finding my way around the site.

The thing I have noticed that I think may be causing bad press is the option to list indefinately.

I've noticed on the forums people complaining of scammers and items not received but when you look at the list date of the item it had been live since autumn last year.

I suppose a seller had listed items and then not had any response and has perhaps forgotten his items were listed. He/ she may even have a different email address now so simply wouldn't know that anyone had purchased.

Would a time limit i.e 30 days be better, perhaps with an auto relist if the seller has logged onto his account in the past 30 days. If the account has been dormant then the item ends automatically?

I know it sounds simple but I guess in reality it takes a bit of code to make it work.

Regards
    Steve
    Last edited by JustBlinds; 21st May 2008 at 03:27 PM. Reason: error in wording

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi and welcome to eBid Steve!

There are lots of threads about the very thing your talking about. eBidders are well aware of this situation. Whether something will be done about it is anyones guess

Forum Newbie
    View NuYu's Feedback (+3400)
    All-About NuYu
    View NuYu's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Jan

Thanks for the reply. After I had posted I realised that there was a poll on the very same issue.

Steve

hi...hi steve...iv just placed my first listing too, iv just come from ebay,as iv had enough..after being a seller since 2002...as you say,sellers are leaving e bay in droves at the moment...groups on ebay regarding the ridiculous changes in feedback,are springing up and just growing,i joined one with 80 members and when i logged on today i think it was up to 140....i thinks that e bay will be getting its karma...sooner than later..anyway,i wish you lots of prosperity and a more enjoyable time on this auction site.julie.

hi steve.welcome.

Reincarnation is just another repeat

Hi Steve,

And Welcome! I'm an feebay refugee PS too, except I closed up shop last spring. I had been running occasional auctions since then, but that may come to a halt considering recent events.

I like having the option of "Run until Sold" because I'll eventually have a large inventory here and don't want to be constantly re-listing. I've been mixing them up though with shorter terms. I do see where run until sold could create a problem with abandoned listings - perhaps management could have a mandatory monthly sign-in or something similar.

Best of luck to you!

Hi to all the new refugees, welcome to eBid, OK to help you get started add a signature link to your posts so us nosey lot have an easy link to your items, read this thread http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=100959 then fill in some info on Your About Me Page. Perhaps buy a few things to kickstart your feedback over here ( I have some nice cheap prints ) have a look at my listings to see how I dealt with the zero feedback problem when I started.

Then email all YOUR (not Greedbay's they are a venue, they keep telling us) customers, and tell them where you are, give them a link to your listings. Grab the records while you can and from paypal records as well. That should keep you out of the pub for a bit, and shout if you need a hand. Additional body parts incur a small fee
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Forum Newbie
    View sarahloo's Feedback (+21)
    All-About sarahloo
    View sarahloo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Talking Goodbye greedy feebay

Today I made my first sale on Ebid ... brilliant ... I can't wait to list more ... what a joke the other auction site has become ... I have 2 friends about to follow me to... so I'm here to stay ...

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ancientwisdom View Post
    hi...hi steve...iv just placed my first listing too, iv just come from ebay,as iv had enough..after being a seller since 2002...as you say,sellers are leaving e bay in droves at the moment...groups on ebay regarding the ridiculous changes in feedback,are springing up and just growing,i joined one with 80 members and when i logged on today i think it was up to 140....i thinks that e bay will be getting its karma...sooner than later..anyway,i wish you lots of prosperity and a more enjoyable time on this auction site.julie.
    Welcome Julie!

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sarahloo View Post
    Today I made my first sale on Ebid ... brilliant ... I can't wait to list more ... what a joke the other auction site has become ... I have 2 friends about to follow me to... so I'm here to stay ...
    Congratulations Sarahloo! Hope you have many many more sales.

Thread Information