eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: At Last!....Wish me luck!

View pupsandpets's Feedback (+829)
    All-About pupsandpets
    View pupsandpets's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile At Last!....Wish me luck!

After 4 months of planning, organising and waiting for my stock to arrive, my pupsandpets website / business finally went live last night.

It took 4 of us 3.5 hours to off load a 40ft truck container of almost 800 boxes, and another 3 hours to put it in some sort of order. I'm up this early today because I ache so much I couldn't stay in bed...LOL and because I'm excited and dedided it was time to actaully have a good look through my stock and see what it's like.

I'm really nervous aswell incase it doesn't take off - afterall, I'm now sat with 60,000 items of pet products

Anyone else set up their own website? Did it take long to get off the ground? Any tips to make a success?
    I've started advertising on UK Pets and in local magazines and also distributing leaflets, but any hints/tips would be appreciated.

Thanks, Tori x x

Forum Diehard
    All-About fatbird
    View fatbird's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pupsandpets View Post
    After 4 months of planning, organising and waiting for my stock to arrive, my pupsandpets website / business finally went live last night.

It took 4 of us 3.5 hours to off load a 40ft truck container of almost 800 boxes, and another 3 hours to put it in some sort of order. I'm up this early today because I ache so much I couldn't stay in bed...LOL and because I'm excited and dedided it was time to actaully have a good look through my stock and see what it's like.

I'm really nervous aswell incase it doesn't take off - afterall, I'm now sat with 60,000 items of pet products

Anyone else set up their own website? Did it take long to get off the ground? Any tips to make a success?
    I've started advertising on UK Pets and in local magazines and also distributing leaflets, but any hints/tips would be appreciated.

Thanks, Tori x x
    Hi,I dont have a website but I do have my own bussiness...I am considering a move to home so would need a website.
    I am also considering Importing..is that what you did ?..
    What I wanted to say was this...
    All the very best in your venture and I hope it all goes well...
    Keep us posted.
    All the best
    Fran
    xx

All-About pupsandpets
    Forum Posts

Hi Fran,

Thanks for your well wishes, much appreciated. I'll let you know how I get on. Just itching for that first sale!

Yes, I've imported from China. Can be a bit stressful and time consuming but worth it in the end. Alot of people don't think it's worth the hassle, and I must admit I did have a few of the moments but I'm happy now it's here.

Thumbs up Very best wishes to you and your new venture

All the very best for a bright future.
    I don't have a website...I don't have so much stock... what I have is optimism...even when the cashflow goes pearshaped!!
    You will learn as you go along. Always be prepared to think laterally if something isn't working.
    Keep customers happy ( Not always possible)and be friendly...even when saying NO!!
    The best thing is to come in here for ideas and advice from others. You don't have to take it but it does help you not feel too alone!
    It IS exciting and Well done!!!!!!!
    Click to open The Allsorts Cupboard

Widen your search Horizons
    Find it on eBid
    Click here to join the fun for FREE

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

are you set up with any affiliates etc. don`t forget the web is massive so your items might be stuck on page one thousand of 10,000 also list as much as you can here as theres nothing stopping you adding a card with your web address on with any purchases , you really need to get your items on the top pages of google etc. so may be worth having a read about how to do this , i really could not be bothered with such a venture as you need to be advertising everywhere ,

good luck

Put your website address on every letter you send - utility bills, personal letters, packages. They go through a lot of hands.

I also bought car decals and have my website across my rear windscreen. I had them made in reverse so I could stick them on the inside so weather didn't affect them. They look really professional and I can put you onto the person who did them for me if you like. Here's a pic of my car's rear (excuse the mess in the back!):

For personalised pop art, visit my shop: http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Happy-Brushstrokes

All-About pupsandpets
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by redmerlin777 View Post
    All the very best for a bright future.
    I don't have a website...I don't have so much stock... what I have is optimism...even when the cashflow goes pearshaped!!
    You will learn as you go along. Always be prepared to think laterally if something isn't working.
    Keep customers happy ( Not always possible)and be friendly...even when saying NO!!
    The best thing is to come in here for ideas and advice from others. You don't have to take it but it does help you not feel too alone!
    It IS exciting and Well done!!!!!!!
    Appreciate your feedback, & thanks very much

All-About pupsandpets
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by merlin View Post
    are you set up with any affiliates etc. don`t forget the web is massive so your items might be stuck on page one thousand of 10,000 also list as much as you can here as theres nothing stopping you adding a card with your web address on with any purchases , you really need to get your items on the top pages of google etc. so may be worth having a read about how to do this , i really could not be bothered with such a venture as you need to be advertising everywhere ,

good luck
    I do want to look into affiliates, just been a time issue at the moment, and not very knowlegable either lol....
    Got some free google adwords to set up aswell, but again just time to do it.

I got A5 leaflets printed to include with any sales, but also had the stock branded with my own labels/tags, so that has the web details on aswell.

Thanks for your help.

All-About pupsandpets
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by razamakaz View Post
    Put your website address on every letter you send - utility bills, personal letters, packages. They go through a lot of hands.

I also bought car decals and have my website across my rear windscreen. I had them made in reverse so I could stick them on the inside so weather didn't affect them. They look really professional and I can put you onto the person who did them for me if you like. Here's a pic of my car's rear (excuse the mess in the back!):

Hi Kaz, thanks for that.
    I'd love to do that with the car stickers, but have a company car so don't think they'd appreciate it lol..... it looks brill though.
    I'm hoping eventually I can pack in work and just focus on this and get my own car so I could get the stickers.
    I did get a t-shirt printed with my logo and web address though!

Have you got any friends or family that would put your website on their car for you? These decals peel off when no longer wanted so it's not a permanent fixture.
    For personalised pop art, visit my shop: http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Happy-Brushstrokes

Thread Information