eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Why are people charging so much for postage?

Thumbs down Why are people charging so much for postage?

Has anyone else noticed this?

I was having a lil window shop around and alot of people are charing crazy prices

Some people are charing between £5- £7 just to ship a CD 1st class within the UK!

I understand packaging cost/paypal fees etc but this is really crazy and shouldnt be allowed

And some are charging a lower rate and i guess they will sell more items.

i charge royal mail plus 10p for packing etc.

Reincarnation is just another repeat

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Why have a thread about one sellers postage prices? Perhaps they've just come from feebay and are used to loading the postage to avoid fees? whatever their reasosn it's their choice and they'll probably not make many sales. meanwhile there are also thousands of items for sale where the postage is very reasonable- or sometimes free . Wouldn't it be nice if people started threads about them.

I charge actual postage cost + paypal fee + packaging cost.

Not everyone is charging rip off prices for postage, sometimes it's the Royal Mail doing the ripping off, but there's nothing we can do about that.

All im saying its just a tad extreme to charge £7 for a CD aswell as the auction price on top

It depends if they're sending it Royal Mail special Delivery, in which case that would be about right.

It may well be an Greedybay refugee that's just copied their auctions across. You could always leave them a question, if it's something you really want, and point out that the Postage is excessive. I did that for one seller and got $5 taken off the price to something more reasonable.

What you have to look at is the combined price and judge whether that is reasonable for the item or not.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by retroboutique View Post
    Some people are charing between £5- £7 just to ship a CD 1st class within the UK!

I understand packaging cost/paypal fees etc but this is really crazy and shouldnt be allowed
    That's about $4.50 - $6.50 (yikes)

The more people that are willing to pay those prices, the more the seller gets away with it and makes a hefty profit too, plus, if they need to refund, they usually only refund the purchase price and not the shipping, which again, they still profit.

Obviously, this seller will either learn a lesson that they can't get away with it on here (as ebidders are better educated than poobayers) or they'll give up and move on elsewhere trying to rip people off.

You could always leave a polite message saying: "Nice CD but unfortunately you charge extortionate shipping rates so I'll move on."

I've actually done that 'over there' to several sellers, some responding not so politely

Last edited by jeweleffects; 29th May 2008 at 11:34 PM.

Glasgow, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View ejean9's Feedback (+946)
    All-About ejean9
    View ejean9's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi.. i am not great at the whole pricing thingy..for post/packing ect..but f i find it costs a lot less i always tended to refund the buyer ??(on feebay of course)..havent sold ouwt yet here..but feelin confident..will do the same if it comes to it...but yeah some folks are really ott with prices...

I always add what it's going to post to the bid, and if it's too much I don't bid... the seller won't get a sale from me if they charge too much, but as has been said before it was a way of beating the fees elsewhere, and they think they can get away with it here as well....

And no doubt they will then come crying on the forum that they havn't sold anything on here

Thread Information