eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Selling house advice needed!

View Rednosty's Feedback (+998)
    All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Selling house advice needed!

No I'm not selling on EBID House has been valued lower then we thought 220 - 225K and they advice us to take offers at 200 - 210 K As I ahve a lot of clutter around and Bits and pieces that need Decorating! (My autistic boy destroys everything at times!)
    Question is we want about 240K So do we wait and declutter and Tidy up the decorating or do we Put it on the market at say 235K (accept around 230K) or what? My quandray is If we market it now Will people just think No good and then NOT return say in 3 months time (When I've declutted and Decorated a little) As we really want to move quickly but it looks like thats not going to happen!

Vintage Mechanical and Quartz Watches
    and collectables

Click on the link to enter my store

Why not visit my New Store. Where you will find almost anything

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Rednostys-All-Sorts-Store

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

de clutter spend £100.00 on paint and stuff it can put thousands on the price

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View maroy41's Feedback (+1089)
    All-About maroy41
    View maroy41's Listings
    Forum Posts

That's a tough one Red, I don't know how true it is but somebody said house prices were falling, if you do all that you might end up with that amount anyway, but then again what do know I believe all I'm told....well nearly everything
    Great books reasonable prices please click on the logo below and browse around I have quite a selection for you to choose from.

Some great Dvd's --->
    Here

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

house prices have fallen around here they are 10 - 15 grand less than last year

The big question is have house prices fallen where you want to move, if they have its ok to go a bit lower.
    Ive got mine for sale at the momment but as im in no hurry im sticking for a higher value rather than low, i have one offer but they havant sold yet so i think ive got price right.
    We have decorated in neutral colours and declutterd a bit but its not easy when running a buisness from home.

View Hip Chick's Feedback (+407)
    All-About Hip Chick
    View Hip Chick's Listings
    Forum Posts

I would declutter and splash around a bit of paint if needed. I would only declutter the ground floor and the master bedroom. As buyers understand that having children, there is going to be toys etc chucked on the floor.

In my own opinion, buyers want to see the REAL size of the rooms, on the ground floor.

I would not advise that your house 10k cheaper, unless of couse you want a quick sale. 10k is 10k at the end of the day, and its better in your pocket than somebody else!

So for a days work and lots of bin bags, I would clear out the ground floor and get the best price that I could.

View Barrattess's Feedback (+2717)
    All-About Barrattess
    View Barrattess's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Red...
    I think I would have to agree with Hip Chick here...you need to get it on the market asap...house prices are dropping!

Have a click...You know you want to...

Forum Saint
    View Cocksparrer's Feedback (+424)
    All-About Cocksparrer
    View Cocksparrer's Listings
    Forum Posts

Agree with Merlin declutter offer stuff up to your local freecycle, im sure there are peeps who want it, then get some cheap sales wallpaper and bung it up, if there is a Poundland near you they sell big bags of wall paper paste for £1, also wallpaper £1, tins of paint £1 endless.

Certainly presentation is what will help sell it, a concerted effort to tidy up and splash some paint about could be done in a couple of weeks. Selling at a slightly lower price now as against holding out for a higher one may not be a good move in a falling market as you may be forced to reduce the price later anyway. Better take the hit now and guarantee a sale rather than reduce to that price later on and then still struggle to sell and thus have to reduce further. It's all a bit of a gamble.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Defenitely declutter and have the rooms as empty as possible (makes them look bigger!) and it doesn't take long to put a lick of paint on the walls.

Thread Information