Thread: So where are all the buyers?

Forum Newbie
    Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
    All-About mad4musicguy
    View mad4musicguy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile So where are all the buyers?

Afternoon gang

Been lurking about the auctions last night till the we small hours and again most of the day today and one thing strikes me more than any

Where are all the buyers? There seems to be auction after auction after auction listed with no views, and no bids?

I know I'm a newbie so dont wish to speak out of turn but if ebid would like to get some of the custom from the other auction site that shall remain nameless then ebid should be doing some marketing now to attract people I would have thought.

Not winging or wining and have no wish to speak out of turn but these are just the thoughts and ramblings of one person (me) who is seeking a viable alternative to that other group that people would leave in droves if only someone came up with an alternative.

The only other comment I may make is that the process of listing on here is about as twice a slow as on the "other site". The pages seem to load really slow but that may be something here at my end but I dont think so.

Hope you long term ebidders dont mind a few comments from the new pup and no offence was ment.

regards, mad4musicguy

Hi,
    The buyers are here last month I sold 30 items and so far this month I've sold 12. Others have sold a lot more than me.
    EBid do advertise they have adverts on PSU and Pheebay at the moment to name just a couple.

Please Visit my Book Store:

Affordable books Books

Family Members:
    Gothicina

My Children:
    Honehe
    Niffnaff
    Tozcentral

Forum Newbie
    View kazbra's Feedback (+35)
    All-About kazbra
    View kazbra's Listings
    Forum Posts

It an up and coming site and wil needs lots of word of mouth and advertising from all of us I believe and the sales should start trickling through

Karen
    The KazBra
    For all your underwear and bikini needs

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

well i sold 2 rings the other day for over £200.00 so obviously buyers are here
    most items sell on buy it now , much the same as most do on wepay now due to not seeing who your bidding against , last month i made 127 sales all buy it now

the buyers are here and as for advertising this is a small site not much in the coffers like wepay who sell shares , advertise your own items as well as ebids advertising and you will sell

[quote=mad4musicguy;668727]Afternoon gang

Been lurking about the auctions last night till the we small hours and again most of the day today and one thing strikes me more than any

Where are all the buyers? There seems to be auction after auction after auction listed with no views, and no bids?

Hi and welcome to eBid. You will need patience, but the buyers are here and more will arrive over the next few months. As said before, you need to let people know where you are, and promote yourself, I am lucky as I only sell on here for fun, but have had several sales, and it is picking up, but I look on it as a long term project, as I had enough of all the rubbish happening on the darkside. eBid, I am sure has a bright future and it is increasing its numbers on a daily basis.
    Give it time and the rewards will be there.
    Myositis in Focus : my website on the awareness of the Muscle inflammatory disease

My Daily Journal : my Daily Blog " Living with Dermatomyositis

Years Gone By My Genealogy and Family History store

I had nothing for 4 months, then suddenly it's started to pick up, I've actually sold more on here than on Ama*on in the last few days.

It's very slow everywhere, on the dark side in the last couple of months my listing fees were only just being covered by the sales, so many were going unsold, AND I was being picky with what I listed.

You won't see too many auctions with bids on, because over here, most of the sales are BINs, I've only had a couple of auctions go with bids on.

Which is a bit of a warning to Newbies really, do NOT start your auctions extra low here, because there is a very real danger they will sell for that, start them at the price you will be happy to accept.

as most sellers are buyers as well things will get better

Reincarnation is just another repeat

Quote Originally Posted by charlesdexterward View Post
    as most sellers are buyers as well things will get better
    I really do hope it gets better as i've only had 5 real sales this month (hardly enough to live on lol)

and only 8 sales for the entire month last month

am i the only one experiencing this ????

Lisa :0)
    Lisa

Feedback left when payment received
    FREE POST ON ALL ORDERS

Free Pack of UK Wildflower seeds sent with every order throughout 2023

-------------------------------------------------------
    A smile is a curve that can set things straight!

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bizarrebargains View Post
    I really do hope it gets better as i've only had 5 real sales this month (hardly enough to live on lol)

and only 8 sales for the entire month last month

am i the only one experiencing this ????

Lisa :0)
    i would accept 10 sales a month as doing ok when you consider the amount of people here to wepay

i listed 4 items over there last month which usually sell had 1 item looked at in 10 days listing

one sale here is equivalent to listing 20 items over there

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View heatemyfather's Feedback (+53)
    All-About heatemyfather
    View heatemyfather's Listings
    Forum Posts

Don't forget that YOU are a buyer too, so get looking and buying! Horses for courses - if you want the casual buyers you'll most likely get the scam buyers too, I'm quite happy to have a lower level of interest in this site if it means the idiots stay away.
    My auctions: video games, photography stuff, miniature wargaming hobby bits and pieces
    My eBid stores: Miniature Hobby Store | Old Games
    My eBid adverts page (also home to my free eBid promotional graphics):
    http://www.jonathanmortimer.co.uk/adverts/

Thread Information