Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 104 of 187 FirstFirst ... 454949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114154 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1870

Thread: What A Mighty God we Serve!

View luvintage's Feedback (+468)
    All-About luvintage
    View luvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thank you Burgy.
    Welcome to all of our eBid shops.

If you haven't already registered on Ebid, PLEASE CLICK HERE! Registering is FAST, EASY and FREE!

http://baubles-bangles-and-beads.ebid.net/

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

We have had a long prayer request/praise going on but I would like to suggest we start it new this year. I don't want to forget those who have been on it but think we need to retype and make it easier to follow.

If anyone has suggestions on how to work it let us all know and together maybe we can get God more praise!

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by youmeus View Post
    We have had a long prayer request/praise going on but I would like to suggest we start it new this year. I don't want to forget those who have been on it but think we need to retype and make it easier to follow.

If anyone has suggestions on how to work it let us all know and together maybe we can get God more praise!
    Agree. I think prayer request & praise reports need to be shown clearer. Perhaps in columns listing prayer request; answered prayer; comment/status or categories to that effect. Do not recommend rewriting the previous list of prayers unless we can somehow get a response as to what is the status of the original prayer request. A summary introductory praise report of all answered prayers gleaned from the list would be great when starting the new prayer request praise report format.

We attempted to gather status reports quite awhile ago; some people on the prayer list did not or could not respond. I suggest not getting bogged down in the process of starting the new format. We had many fantastic miracles and many answered prayers. It would feel good to start with praise to God for all He has already done and will continue to do.

P.S. Would also recommend shorter request/praise report formats, possibly quarterly with an annual summary.

Another way it coud be approached is summary praise report of answered prayers; new format suggested above; prior prayers & their answers placed in the new format, with removal from original list; forwarding of list that we don't know outcome of prayer request; and the new format of prayer request/answered prayer/comments or status for the first quarter of 2011. One post could end with everything up to 2010 and a new post could start the 2011 imfo so it would not be too long.

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

burgy, if you are up to the challenge, go ahead. The only problem I know is it is difficult to bring the list forward. I guess someone could keep it off site and copy & paste to add here. When we have someone ill close to us it is very difficult to keep up, so don't know what the answer is. Do you want to do it (have the time) or shall we just keep posting and those who are interested will keep up. I was just wanting others who come here some times to see there are many answers to prayers and maybe it will increase everyones faith to see GOD is at work.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'll give it a go. It is important that God's intervention to seemingly impossible situations be clearly seen. Anyone have a recommendation with managing the list?

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

I was touched going back through the posts. Was trying to see where the first prayer list was posted; amazed that it dated all the way back to December of 2008. Earliest post I could find was #206, p.21 (prayer chain was started by Gramma/Jackie); list was carried by Ropegg & others (post #232, p.24 - post #374, p.38). The prayer list was afterwards redesigned & renamed by Gramma as "Saying A Prayer For You" with banner "Prayer Changes Things" on post# 380, p.38.

I noted the most recent post of the updated prayer list, post #981, p.99 ; I'll use that post as my reference point moving forward.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Everyone,

Been going through the posts and realized several things. The prayer lists & the posts need to be gone through; and prayer request & praise reports have to be in side by side columns. I'm a little more than half way through the posts, and I'm setting imfo in columns so I can see it better.

PTL, I'm seeing that many of the prayer requests were answered; that the prayer requests are very serious in nature; that a few miracles happened; and that the prayer chain is too important to be carried by one person. Noticed early that although Sophia started the thread, it needed to be carried by the group until she received her progressive healing and blessing. Noticed that although Jackie started the prayer chain, it needed to be carried by the group until she returned & renamed it, designed it, and restructured the prayer request/praise report format (see post #544 & #545 on page 55).

It's currently being carried by the group, but as Linda indicated, it needs to be in a format that is easy to see that God is at work and that prayer changes things. I'm going to continue going through the prayer lists and the posts; & set the imfo into columns. However the format is set up, it needs to be done in here so that the group can access it & add to it & change it with cut/paste/edit. Hope to be done reviewing the post within the next 1-2 days.

Have A Blessed Day Everyone!

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Everyone! Still reviewing post, but had to go out of town. Hope to be done with review by Monday or Tuesday. Review important not only to get clearer picture of status of prayer request, but to see pattern of challenges of keeping prayer list clear, current, and updates forwarded with greater ease. This is going to take group commitment to the process. The challenges are not new, but will in all likelihood continue unless there is group involvement with the updates.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Summary Report For "What A Mighty God We Serve" Thread
    August 14, 2008 - December 31, 2010

What an awesome journey from such a humble beginning. This thread was started by Sofiag1964 on August 14, 2008......who "wanted to share with others her faith in God and excitement about His many blessings. [Post #1, p. 1]

God has poured out His blessings on many who have entered this thread. The blessings have come in a multitude of ways from shared scriptures; devotional studies; inspirational videos, poems, or stories; an opportunity to request prayers; the thrill of seeing prayers answered; prayers & support for families and friends who encountered a loss of a loved one; a place to share laughter, joy, sadness, struggles, and victories; and most importantly - a place to glorify God for all He has done!

Prayer requests covered a very broad spectrum of serious needs including prayers for spiritual needs (restoration, closer walk with God), physical healing, mental anguish or depression, emotional struggles, financial struggles, business & work related stress, family challenges, and other needs. Praise God for the many prayers that were answered in our midst. Some prayer request were encountered by a loss. None of us know all the answers, nor can explain all of the outcomes. However, those who believe and trust in God know....."that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them that are called according to His purpose. [Romans 8:28 KJV]

God is a good God; and ultimately has everything under control. God is also sovereign, onipotent (all powerful), and omnipresent (present everywhere). We worship and praise God for hearing and answering our prayers.

God blessed Gramma1111 (Jackie) to start a prayer list with prayer requests [post #206, p.21] with assistance from Ropegg (Peggy) and others. The prayer chain was renamed and redesigned by Gramma as "Saying A Prayer For You" along with a banner "Prayer Changes Things" [post #380, p. 38]. The LORD has been faithful among us and answered many prayers including...............

Prayers For Physical Healing:
    Sophiag1964 - Received a progressive, long term whole person healing and blessing that encompassed spiritual strengthening of her walk with God, healing & strenghthening of her body, mind, and emotions. Provision of progressive & long term blessing of her business activities and financial resources. PTL See posts 32, 51, 103, 206, 305, 635, 636, 685, 686, 687, 796, 1016]

Sophia's Neice (God Daughter)- Prayer request - in ICU with pneumonia & swine flu just after delivery of a baby via emergency c-section; was not expected to live more than 24-48 hours. PTL! She came out ot coma.......progressed to talking, eating, entering rehab, and then going home to resume her life as church goer, wife, and mother! Halleluah! PTL! [See posts 411, 423, 446, 461,498, 518, 521, 528, 715-718, 738]

Youmeus' Daughter Lynette- Prayer request for severe infection in her spine, muscular dysfunction, severe pain & fatique, and abnormal kidney function test, and gall bladder disease. PTL! We were all blessed to witness a very progressive & long term healing process and gentle handling by God. Lynette amazed her physicians, her family, and all of us as she was slowly healed, regained her strength, and was able to finally return to her career as a teacher on a full time basis. [See posts 464, 518, 545, 656, 672, 676, 682, 698, 699,725,728, 799, 803, 806, 828, 843, 882, 885, 887,888, 903, 919, 964, 981] Halleluah!

Those affected by cancer that reported going into remission or cancer not being found after further testing included Jackies' Husband Brad, who was receiving treatments every 6 weeks, then every 3 months, and then every 6 months, with reported improvement. [Post 206, 236, 334, 549]. Ropegg's friend Barbara had successful surgery for breast cancer [post 333, 385]. Maplegin's cancer reported as "not operable, but not terminal" [334, 518] Youmeus' Brother-In-Law David reported as having successful brain tumor surgery [post 408, 412, 466]. Meebo received report "no cancer found after tx for breast cancer" [post 508, 510]. Ropegg's Grand-Son-In-Law Duane was reported as "having no cancer" following additional testing, and his liver was reported as better [post 521, 535]. Ropegg's Step-Daughter Theresa reported as having 2 lumps in 1 breast - ?? cancer; following further test, "Dr.'s said no cancer" [post 806, 981]. PTL! God is a very good God!

Several with swine flu were healed following prayer. Ropegg's Friend's son was healed of swine flu, and his family expressed their gratitude for prayer [post 527, 531]. Gramma, who had chronic respiratory challenges (pneumonia, COPD) was also diagnosed with swine flu. God protected her and also healed her of swine flu [post 562, 567, 578]. Both of these healings occurred in a short period of time. PTL!

Several admissions to the ICU for very serious situations resulted in notible rapid recoveries. Stitchysyl's daughter was in the ICU on a ventilator; several post later she was reported as off the ventilator and walking [post 539, 544]. Jeweleffects was in the ICU with cold. She experienced a healing, and posted a marvelous thread outlining her experience and road to recovery (see link posted on p.61, post #602). [See posts 545, 562, 595, 600, 602, 643, 644]. Jan is back in the eBid community in full force, and sharing her skills again. God is Awesome!

Note: Burgyeb forwarded a very early praise report to p.99, #983 from Youmeus (p.1, #10) concerning a healing she received, that was not requested. It never reached the prayer list, but it got my attention. God moves on our circumstances and needs at times through the unspoken prayer from our heart.

Prayers For Mental, Emotional, & Facing Life's Challenges:
    Prayers were requested by several individuals that were facing personal challenges & the stresses of life that can get any of us down. Following prayers, several people did have degrees of improvement. Jean reported, "I feel I'm getting there; thanks for prayers" [post 560, 618, 620].

Prayer For Finances, Unemployment, Jobs/Careers, Business Activty:
    Gramma's brother bill was unemployed- was blessed to become an entrepreneur [post 334, 380]. Sophia reported various financial blessings received by her family members. Also her son was blessed with a job (see above notes & post for Sophia). Jan's husband had lost his job; Jan reported he was hired by a firm & also working overtime [posts 272, 334, 372]. Burgyeb reported on post # 984 about an earlier financial praise report she gave on p.15, #149. PTL! The LORD will provide!

Prayers of Protection/Divine Protection/Angelic Interventions (?):
    Ropegg gave a praise report about being stung by a wasp, with very little reaction. She has a history of many allergies and an anaphyllactic reaction to a previous sting. God protected her & healed her [post 606]. Youmeus (Linda) reported that a cow charged her husband & rolled him around on the ground. He thought the worse was going to happen, and said "Help me Lord". The cow walked away. Garry was divinely protected by God! [posts 610-612, 616, 632, 634, 644]. Many of us saw this as a miracle of protection.

There were two posts that many of us considered a miracle and an angelic intervention. The first posted by Ropegg (#924, p.93) described an accident that was described as a miracle even by the receiving physicians in the emergency room. [post 924, 936, 937]. Luvintage shared about a friend who was going to commit suicide (#926, p.93); several of us felt it was an angelic visitation that stopped this person from carrying out his plan [posts 926, 936, 937].

Thank you LORD for being a faithful and loving God. Praise you LORD for your goodness and mercy. Thank you for answering so many of our prayers during 2010. Father we know that there are still some among us with heavy burdens and in need of your loving touch and healing power. LORD you know our every need spoken and unspoken. Please continue to bless everyone who participates in this prayer and praise thread during 2011 and meet us at our point of need. In the Name of Jesus Christ I pray. Amen.

PRAYER CHANGES THINGS
    AMEN

View luvintage's Feedback (+468)
    All-About luvintage
    View luvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

Awesome Burgy. Thank you for doing this.
    Welcome to all of our eBid shops.

If you haven't already registered on Ebid, PLEASE CLICK HERE! Registering is FAST, EASY and FREE!

http://baubles-bangles-and-beads.ebid.net/

Thread Information